August 2012 Moms

F/U to early intervention/teacher conference

Some of you might remember back in May that we had a teacher conference/ 45 day check in at Leo's new daycare.  At that conference, his teacher suggested that Leo might be eligible for early intervention services because at his age, he was having problems with solids (along with her diarrhea mouth about him having ADHD at 8 months old... whatevs).  Anyway, DH and I have been working steadily but surely to make sure that Leo is getting exposed to more and more "real" foods.  This weekend, he tried pizza for the first time.  We cut it up and he fed himself little bits.  But, what he really wanted was to bite it off a slice.  So, here in all it's AW glory is my little guy:

We're also meeting with the cook at daycare today to talk about transitioning Leo completely over to solids.  Amazing how far he's come in two month's time!

And because I have your full attention... my ten month old, in all his crotch grabbing glory!  Haha.

****siggy warning***

DH and me... both 34... Married since 6/11
DX: Endometriosis, Anovulation, Down to one ovary and tube since 2/14
TTC #1: Two rounds of Clomid = BFP 12/11 = Healthy beautiful baby boy born via c/s 8/21/12
TTC #2 since 5/14... no luck yet

Re: F/U to early intervention/teacher conference

• Congrats on Leo's interest in 'real food.'  I find it fun experimenting with what he likes and doesn't like.

My DS does the same crotch grabbing as your son.  Makes diaper changes interesting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She actually said he had ADHD at 8 months old?  Sorry, I just literally LOLd at that one.

How fun that you are meeting the cook at daycare to talk about the transition to complete solids.  Isla still gets purees for dinner followed up with some kind of "real food", but I hardly ever cook so she doesn't get much choice for dinner...I need to get better at that.

Isla 2
  • Boys will be grabbing their junk their entire lives. Might as well get used to it now lol.

• image twoitalians:
    Boys will be grabbing their junk their entire lives. Might as well get used to it now lol.

Oh yeah... let's just say it's Leo's favorite thing to "play" with in the bath.  Ha! 

****siggy warning***

TTC #1: Two rounds of Clomid = BFP 12/11 = Healthy beautiful baby boy born via c/s 8/21/12

• Aww good boy!!! 

Boys will be boys! That's DS's favourite "thing" to play with in the bath tub... 

• image kikimo327:

image twoitalians:
    Boys will be grabbing their junk their entire lives. Might as well get used to it now lol.

Oh yeah... let's just say it's Leo's favorite thing to "play" with in the bath.  Ha! 

J's favorite bath "toy" too! Leo is so darn cute!! 

SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay for Leo! Landen seems to be regressing somewhat in the real food/purees department. Some days he loves his purees, other days he doesn't want them and wants real food. Yesterday he wanted a bottle. I don't think this kid is ever going to be weaned from a bottle...

• early intervention on solids? really? "food before one" is still the norm, so why are people so pushy about it? DD is just getting back into purees, with some real foods (like fruit and veggies) from time to time... we were told to limit protein like meats until closer to a year (by our young pedi).
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • BPawsBPaws
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    AGH Leo!!! You are adorable!!! Seriously! He's adorable!!

Team Green Due Date; July 14th 2014

Heinrich turns 2; August 5th 2012

Labour Buddy Threesome; Cakebatter27 & Shanaynerz

• image Andreabks:
    early intervention on solids? really? "food before one" is still the norm, so why are people so pushy about it? DD is just getting back into purees, with some real foods (like fruit and veggies) from time to time... we were told to limit protein like meats until closer to a year (by our young pedi).

They transition kids out of the infant room at 12 months and they need to be on solids and off formula completely by 13 months. 

****siggy warning***

• He is so adorable eating his slice of pizza

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I remember the ADHD comment, but the early intervention for solids. What were the issues he was having? I'm starting to freak out now. Liam is awful with solids and I kept thinking it would get better as he got older. But is there a real problem that he should've been getting help for??

Sorry, I made this about DS. Leo is super cute eating the pizza. Glad he liked it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • He is soooo adorable.

I'm glad he's coming along. It must be hard for them to eat purees for so long and then real food. It's probably a shock. The more I try and get G to eat solids, the more I think the BLW mamas were onto something.

And his DC has a cook?!
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• image carolyn231723:
    I remember the ADHD comment, but the early intervention for solids. What were the issues he was having? I'm starting to freak out now. Liam is awful with solids and I kept thinking it would get better as he got older. But is there a real problem that he should've been getting help for?? Sorry, I made this about DS. Leo is super cute eating the pizza. Glad he liked it.

I'm of the mindset that our kids are going to do what they need to when they want to.  Basically, Leo was having issues with solids because he didn't have his pincer grip down.... and if you don't have it down, you gag ALOT.  That is what happened with him.  We started working on it with him more, giving him more cut up toast, pancakes, puffs, anything he can pick up at meal time, and six weeks later, he's a pro!   

****siggy warning***

• image bigbootyjudi:
    The more I try and get G to eat solids, the more I think the BLW mamas were onto something. And his DC has a cook?!

Definitely to the BLW post.  I think we did a real disservice to Leo by not doing BLW and doing purees.  

And yup, our DC has a cook.  It's actually my dental hygienist's daughter.  Haha.  All kids get fed at our daycare.

****siggy warning***

• image kikimo327:

image carolyn231723:
    I remember the ADHD comment, but the early intervention for solids. What were the issues he was having? I'm starting to freak out now. Liam is awful with solids and I kept thinking it would get better as he got older. But is there a real problem that he should've been getting help for??

Sorry, I made this about DS. Leo is super cute eating the pizza. Glad he liked it.

I'm of the mindset that our kids are going to do what they need to when they want to. &nbsp;Basically, Leo was having issues with solids because he didn't have his pincer grip down.... and if you don't have it down, you gag ALOT. &nbsp;That is what happened with him. &nbsp;We started working on it with him more, giving him more cut up toast, pancakes, puffs, anything he can pick up at meal time, and six weeks later, he's a pro! &nbsp;&nbsp;

Yeah, he doesn't have his pincer grasp completely yet. That would explain the gagging when eating things other than puffs. We have to find a new pedi since we just moved, but I'll make an appt soon just to ask about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image carolyn231723:
    image kikimo327:

image carolyn231723:
    I remember the ADHD comment, but the early intervention for solids. What were the issues he was having? I'm starting to freak out now. Liam is awful with solids and I kept thinking it would get better as he got older. But is there a real problem that he should've been getting help for?? Sorry, I made this about DS. Leo is super cute eating the pizza. Glad he liked it.

I'm of the mindset that our kids are going to do what they need to when they want to.  Basically, Leo was having issues with solids because he didn't have his pincer grip down.... and if you don't have it down, you gag ALOT.  That is what happened with him.  We started working on it with him more, giving him more cut up toast, pancakes, puffs, anything he can pick up at meal time, and six weeks later, he's a pro!   

Yeah, he doesn't have his pincer grasp completely yet. That would explain the gagging when eating things other than puffs. We have to find a new pedi since we just moved, but I'll make an appt soon just to ask about it.

C-- I googled a whole bunch of stuff regarding the pincer grip and there are things you can do at home with Liam to work on it with him.  A lot of it is holding things in a certain way to get him to take it from you using the pincer grip.   

****siggy warning***

• image kikimo327:
    C I googled a whole bunch of stuff regarding the pincer grip and there are things you can do at home with Liam to work on it with him. nbsp;A lot of it is holding things in a certain way to get him to take it from you using the pincer grip. nbsp;nbsp;

Thanks! I'll google it during Liam's next nap. Cool

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Those cheeks are so cute I could cry, he is so adorable! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • I just want to kiss and squish his face, then share his pizza !!! He's a handsome one. Good luck with that!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• steverstever
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its

Awwww...

And WTF to ADHD at 8 months?

• I love the pizza pic, it's almost like he thinks he's not supposed to lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker