May 2013 Moms

how do you do it?

DH and I are struggling with dinners... I find it hard to cook with a LO and DH's repituior of dinner choices consists of hamburge helper or whatever you can grill. How do you do dinners?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how do you do it?

• I try to plan ahead. I have to make something half way decent for dinner every day since I have 2 other kids. I do my best to decide what's for dinner the day before. I start really early, if I want to eat at 530 I start cooking as soon as I get home from getting DD1 from school at 345. I also have come up with different crock pot meals even if its just part of the meal. I will also feed DS for a few minutes then go cook some more and just do that back and forth.

I tried planning his feedings around our cooking and dinner time so he would sleep but that doesn't always work.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• DH takes care of the LO while I cook. This only works since I'm mostly pumping and not EBF'ing.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    Oct '14 September Signature Challenge: Teenage Celebrity Crush
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Luckily, we still have people bringing us food.  When I do cook, it's in the morning when LO is napping.  If I have to cook in the evening, I either do it when someone else is holding the baby or I stick him in his bouncy seat on the kitchen floor.  I cook really fast meals and/or things I can put in the oven then leave.

ETA: Also, when I cook, I cook a lot so we can live off of leftovers for a few days. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!
  • image botanicalbliss:
    Luckily, we still have people bringing us food. nbsp;When I do cook, it's in the morning when LO is napping. nbsp;If I have to cook in the evening, I either do it when someone else is holding the baby or I stick him in his bouncy seat on the kitchen floor. nbsp;I cook really fast meals and/or things I can put in the oven then leave.ETA: Also, when I cook, I cook a lot so we can live off of leftovers for a few days.nbsp;

Good to see you back in action Botanical! Speaking of which, I was thinking of JerseyGirl the other day... Did I miss her birth story, is she still around?

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• We plan the weekly menu options and use the crock pot a lot! Usually there is something for dinner in the crockpot by 11 am.  We also eat a lot of PB&J and order pizza on rough days when we don't get anything prepared. 
    BFP 8/31/2012 EDD 5/11/2013 Owen born 5/6/2013!

• Tonight I cooked with DD in the sling. She was extremely fussy and would not be put down. Tricky, but it works!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image MrsMMalone:
    image botanicalbliss:
    Luckily, we still have people bringing us food. nbsp;When I do cook, it's in the morning when LO is napping. nbsp;If I have to cook in the evening, I either do it when someone else is holding the baby or I stick him in his bouncy seat on the kitchen floor. nbsp;I cook really fast meals and/or things I can put in the oven then leave.ETA: Also, when I cook, I cook a lot so we can live off of leftovers for a few days.nbsp;

Good to see you back in action Botanical! Speaking of which, I was thinking of JerseyGirl the other day... Did I miss her birth story, is she still around?

yeah, what Mrs m said!!
    He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
  • Either DH cooks or he holds LO and I cook. I'm EBF so sometimes ill start cooking and he'll finishe if LO decides he wants to eat. We then put LO in the mamaroo while we eat.

My problem is bfast and lunch when I'm alone. Then I either put LO in the bouncy seat, use the mamaroo, or just hold him. Sometimes it works... Sometimes I miss lunch..

• I put LO in the moby wrap while I cook or her little portable chair while I cook. Also as PP say i try to plan ahead.

• kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I'm struggling with this. On weekends, H has been cooking. Weeknights, he gets home pretty late usually, and it's hard to know when he'll be home. Every day is different. There has been a lot of takeout, PB&J, and oatmeal for dinner lately. :-P
  • Lots of takeout or very easy things. Sam's club/ Costco have a number of premade meals you just throw in the oven that we've done a few times.

• LN1024LN1024
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its

I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists the days of the week and has a column for Main Dish and Side Dish. On Sunday I open that and sit down with my husband to meal plan based off of what we currently have in the cupboards/freezer. Any days that are not accounted for, we scour allrecipes.com for ideas. We have been doing a lot of "easy" meals that do not require a ton of preparation (crock pot, different sides on the grill). On weekends we tend to do longer meals where we are not having to rush after the work day. 

After the week is planned out my husband has been going grocery shopping for all of the things we need.  

• image pearlsonthebeach:
    image MrsMMalone:
    image botanicalbliss:
    yeah, what Mrs m said!!

Howdy!  I don't think JerseyGirl ever posted her birth story, but she's still around :) 

• image LN1024:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists the days of the week and has a column for Main Dish and Side Dish. On Sunday I open that and sit down with my husband to meal plan based off of what we currently have in the cupboards/freezer. Any days that are not accounted for, we scour allrecipes.com for ideas. We have been doing a lot of "easy" meals that do not require a ton of preparation (crock pot, different sides on the grill). On weekends we tend to do longer meals where we are not having to rush after the work day. 

After the week is planned out my husband has been going grocery shopping for all of the things we need.  

Dude, impressive! 

• image botanicalbliss:
    image LN1024:

Dude, impressive! 

Right! I'm going to attempt this. I return to work in two weeks and we need to have a plan in place 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Mrs. JBG

TTC #1 since 2/2011
    2009 Intrauterine polyp removal;
    2011 SA: good HSG: clear....NO DX
    Clomid+TI (3/2012)= BFFN; Clomid + TI (5/2012)=BFFN

SURPRISE 8/28/2012 BFP!!!!!!
    Beta (8/31) 1=2211

• The crock pot is my friend and another plus is that it means you won't have to heat up the house with the oven.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image katwoman08:
    The crock pot is my friend and another plus is that it means you won't have to heat up the house with the oven.

This.  I had stocked the freezer with a bunch of crock pot ready meals before LO got here and I'm using the last one tomorrow.  I could restock on the weekend when DH is around, but I'm not that motivated.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm