You're almost there. Log in if you're a member or join now to connect to Facebook.
Request a new password
popular: ovulation calculator
Find your most fertile days and start TTC >>
moms love: pregnancy calendar
Count down to delivery with your calendar >>
moms love: your baby this week
Sign up to receive weekly updates on your baby >>
moms love: baby name finder
Search through 1000s of baby names >>
moms love: personalized tickers
Track TTC, pregnancy, or baby's age >>
moms love: pregnancy week by week
Let us guide you along week-by-week!)
Haven't been able to fall asleep, I hate making big decisions...not sure if I should rock the boat, or if this opportunity presenting itself is a good idea. Agh!
I am also faced with trying to bring DH down to earth. We owned a home previously and when we moved for work were burned by the downfall of the housing market...we have impeccable timing (sarcasm). We rent an Apt in a great area...and it affords us the ability to have some disposable income that I use to pay off our debt, and hopefully start saving for a house really soon (it also allows us some added extras, like fun trips, and what not). DH wants to rent a house (in the same area) and it will most likely take that cushion away, while I want a house and backyward...I feel like this decision will only prolong home ownership from happening. I have tried stating these concerns, but he seems hell bent on finding a place. I have just become happy knowing we have that cushion. I guess I'm willing to have delayed satisfaction. Another big decision weighing on my mind.
DH had some very minor surgery on Thursday. 20 minutes, in-office procedure. It should have meant taking it easy for the rest of the day Thurs and all day Fri, and pretty much back to normal Saturday. He had some complications. He's still not back on his feet, and recovery could be weeks away.
I feel terrible for him. He's uncomfortable, and he's antsy, and he really can't stay off his feet.
Selfishly, I'm exhausted. He traveled right up until he had the surgery, so I've been taking care of the kids solo when not at work for the past 10 days. DD2 has gone back to 2 wake-ups a night, and was up for the day at 5:30am today.
To top it all off, we just moved, and there's a ton of stuff that needs to be done that I simply can't do. Boxes that are too heavy to move, furniture that should be moved together, painting that he wants to do himself because he doesn't like the way I do it.
If either of us had known that this complication was a possibility, he would have postponed it.
We should get the appraisal and be able to schedule a closing date today.
Based on the experience so far, I am doubtful that this will happen. I am so stressed about this; DC needs 4 weeks notice (or we pay two DCs, which is what will end up happening I bet), I need to let the new DC know when DS will start. My annual girls trip is in July and I bet we move that weekend so I have to miss out. DH is pissy about our house not being on the market (he refused to list it until we had a closing date and refused to schedule the one critical repair needed before we could list) and I started packing this weekend and feel like we have so much stuff to sort through. UGH.