November 2012 Moms

Something has to give

Now that summer is here and Vincent has cut 6 new teeth through the gums, I think I need to revisit Ferber. I feel like he's the only one not STTN! 

We will be away this weekend so I'm not sure this is the week to start, but next week it will be. Two nights in a row he was only up once for a very short whine for his paci, but tonight it's been 4 times already....once for a half hour.

I'm gearing up fr a couple of tough nights which will hopefully lead to better sleep for all. 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Something has to give

• We're here with you. We're not quite doing exactly Ferber but we have our own little 'plan' in place. We're currently in my mom and dad's basement while we build so just flat out CIO for very long isn't an option for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He's definitely not the only one not STTN! But, GL with sleep training.

And, 6 new teeth!!! Holy shiit!

image   My chart 

• Loading the player...
  • GL!

Do something to distrac yourself while he's whining/crying.  Makes it a little bit easier. I play candy crush.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck! V still isn't STTN and she has zero teeth. Yep, nada.
  • You aren't the only one. My LO is not sleeping through the night. i think there is almost a month between her and v, as she was 10 days overdue and was born during the first days of December. None of her teeth have cut yet and we are still going through level one foods. She wakes out of hunger, gas and tooth pain.

all of that said, she has been progressing. She generally gets up once a night. This is a baby that needed to be held constantly, had terrible reflux, was screaming in colicky hysteria for over half of any 24 hour cycle....so that she gets up once a night makes me think, you know, that she will settle sooner rather than later. That said, she is still awake once a night...sometimes ends up chatting at 2 am...so, you aren't alone. 

• We are still waking at least twice a night. H has 5 new teeth now. We aren't ready to do CIO but we need to do something. When it is DH's turn to get up with him. He rocks him back to sleep and falls asleep in the chair himself so they are in the recliner for sometimes 2 hours and now H won't soothe any other way!

• the nursery is getting made into her room again (it keeps turning into a changing room/catch all) and then we are going to try something as we have completely shot ourselves in the ... she has slept in our bed the last 4 nights because its easier than her waking up in the pack n play all night... sigh
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagecredcat7:
    the nursery is getting made into her room again (it keeps turning into a changing room/catch all) and then we are going to try something as we have completely shot ourselves in the ... she has slept in our bed the last 4 nights because its easier than her waking up in the pack n play all night... sigh

so I thought this too, and then LO went down IN THE CRIB THE )$&;/:;($ TIMES IN A ROW!!!...and then had to be put down on our bed last night :) i get the sense that this stuff changes all the time. She might be totally into her own room now. 

• We are right there with you. LO is still not sleeping through the night, ugh.   Up 3 times last night, only for like 10 mins but still!  I am thinking the long 4th weekend is perfect timing for some sleep training! And LO doesn't have any teeth yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"