Baby Names

Cousins baby

Don't remember if I posted this or not, but my DH's cousin had their daughter 2 days before ours. They named her Isa.belle Martha Martha is a family name, but they are calling her Ellie. The nn kind of threw me.
imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cousins baby

• Considering that there is an "Elle" at the end of her name it makes sense to me. The two names don't flow well in my opinion, but I think the nn works.
  • I think it's a nice name. Ellie does seem kinda out of place, but I do like it better than Bella. I taught at a daycare when I was in college and had a little girl named Elizabeth, but they called her Izzy. That one threw me off at first as well lol.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Everyone is trying to eek "Ellie" out of their girl's given name, huh?
    ~ May 2011: Married ~ December 2013: NTNP ~ March 2014: Chemical Pregnancy ~
    image   image

I love you. Maybe I'm an idiot for it, but I always have. Everything good that I try and do I do it because of you.  I try and get away but I just keep coming back. And that's because I love you.

• Aww, I got really excited about the name Martha, but it's only the middle name... Isabelle and Ellie as a NN are super overused. :/ Boring, IMO.
  • It's a nice enough name but I am so over all of the Ellies.

Martha has been really growing on me lately.

OaD July siggy challenge- Paitriotism

View Full Size Image

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• image Joy2611:
    Everyone is trying to eek "Ellie" out of their girl's given name, huh?

Exactly what I was thinking.

• image AlphabetFish:
    Aww, I got really excited about the name Martha, but it's only the middle name... Isabelle and Ellie as a NN are super overused. :/ Boring, IMO.

Just to be an AW: DD2 is Martha Rose. She goes by both names.

As for other poster, I am a fan of nontraditional nns. I had a student named Abigale [yes that spelling] with the nn Bell.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Wouldn't be my first pick as a NN, but it works.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart