May 2013 Moms

wwyd?

What do you ladies do when you LO is screaming in the car because they are hungry and you still have 30min to get to where ever you are going? Do you stop or just wait?
He would not take a pacifier
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wwyd?

• With 30 minutes left to go I would stop somewhere and feed her.

BabyName Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker

30 minutes is a long time to cry. I'd stop and feed. 

• image kmcd23:
    30 minutes is a long time to cry. I'd stop and feed.nbsp;

Same.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • That long I would stop.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• pnutgpnutg
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Stop and feed.

-1st BFP 5/24/12, EDD 1/25/13, MMC 6/19/12 at 8 weeks, D&C 6/29/12
    -2nd BFP 9/15/12, EDD 5/20/13. CLH born 5/22/13!
  • I would stop somewhere and feed her even if I only had 15 minutes left. I just can't take it.
  • image blush64:
    I would stop somewhere and feed her even if I only had 15 minutes left. I just can't take it.

This.

BFP #1 – 4/14/12 – Ectopic Pregnancy – MTX 5/11/12

BFP #2 – 9/2/12 – Our sweet rainbow DD born 5/23/13

BFP#3 – 1/5/14 – EDD 9/12/14 – natural m/c 2/16/14image

• I stopped to feed 20 min from our destination earlier today
  • Agree with pps, I only have a tolerance for about 5 minutes, otherwise I figure if she is that hungry, we need to stop and feed now.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Stop and feed. It would make me physically sick to hear my baby cry hungry for 30 mins.
    imageimage
  • image annarussell05:
    image blush64:
    I would stop somewhere and feed her even if I only had 15 minutes left. I just can't take it.

This.
    this for me too.

• image Lolalipsy:
    Stop and feed. It would make me physically sick to hear my baby cry hungry for 30 mins.

Agreed!
  • Happened to me many, many times. We've had lots of long car rides since the LO was born, unfortunately. I always stop to feed her. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Someone told me that it is legal to nurse in the back of the car while driving. I EP so I never looked it up to double check because it didn't apply to me. However, that may be something to look up if you have another long trip.

June Siggy: Movie Quotes

I know I'm mixing two movies but this was too funny to pass up

• Stop and feed. Having a hungry baby is pretty much the worse thing ever!

• image 1and1is3:
    Someone told me that it is legal to nurse in the back of the car while driving. I EP so I never looked it up to double check because it didn't apply to me. However, that may be something to look up if you have another long trip.

Even if this WAS legal, why would you ever want to do it?!
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image 1and1is3:
    Someone told me that it is legal to nurse in the back of the car while driving. I EP so I never looked it up to double check because it didn't apply to me. However, that may be something to look up if you have another long trip.

Why in earth would anyone do that? Even if it's legal, it's stupid not to pull over. My goodness!

• Are you kidding me?? Even if it were legal, you would have to be pretty stupid to nurse in a moving vehicle.

To the OP, I'd definitely pull over and nurse. I've done it with 10 minutes to go because she got so upset. I'm never in a hurry, especially when my girl is hungry. :

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

image BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • nola78nola78
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    image 1and1is3:

Someone once told me they were from the future and had come back through the stargate.

Don't believe everything you hear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
  • image 1and1is3:

This is terrible advice. When a statement begins with "someone once told me..." It's usually not true. Wow
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image 1and1is3:

NO! No way!
    Avery Elaine 5/21/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Never ever ever ever take your child out of the car seat in a moving vehicle for any reason!

A local couple with a fussy two year old thought it would be fine if the mom took their LO out of the seat to comfort her in the back after a long trip. They were close to home and it was late at night, so they thought it would be safe. Another car hit them nearly head on, the father swerved to miss it and lost control of the vehicle somehow. Their car rolled. The father had injuries from the seat belt and steering wheel, the mother had a few broken bones and a concussion from rolling in the backseat. Their daughter died from her injuries.

No matter how old the child, no matter the reason, no matter how "safe" it seems or how annoying the fussiness... no matter how "legal" it may be in your area DO NOT remove a child from a car seat in a moving vehicle. Please!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    image 1and1is3:

This is a new low. I can't believe you would suggest this. You must be trying to stir up responses because the board is slow, right? Please, please tell me I'm right.
  • image 1and1is3:

Uh yeah, no. That is super dangerous!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!
  • image 1and1is3:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My LO once woke up fussy and hungry while at Walmart.  As soon as I got in the car I fed him despite the fact I only live 5 mins away.  I would stop as soon as its possible and safe to feed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image JohnsonShmonson:

image 1and1is3:

Hmm 

image  image
  • MotherMayEye, your siggy picture is adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image star510:
    MotherMayEye, your siggy picture is adorable!

Thank you!

image  image
  • image 1and1is3:

For real? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers