April 2013 Moms

Would you be mad?

DH and I had plans to go out this afternoon to a PGA golf tournament that's in the area. We were going to have a rare date.

Well, he just went out to pick up our tickets and came home to tell me two of his friends are joining us.

Now, I actually love these friends but WTF. We've had a total of 20 minutes kid free, just the two of us since LO was born.......and while we weren't going anywhere intimate or alone persay I was really looking forward to some one on one time, especially since before LO we had promised each other date night once a month and are yet to execute. Note last month we had his mom babysit and went to see a movie and.....another couple his friends came with us.

I'm irate. And he thinks I am totally out of line for being mad....
Am I overreacting?

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th
Trying to navigate through the world of IF
PAIF/SAIF always welcome

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14

After 37 days of shots, transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...

Re: Would you be mad?

• I would be mad too, but I wouldn't uninvited his friends and at this point bringing it up would make the date uncomfortable. I would go along and try to have a good time but definitely bring it up when it's over.

• Your feelings are your feelings and if you feel mad it's okay to be. You were hoping for time with your H and your plans changed. Express how you feel but who knows, you may still have an awesome time
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Yes I'd definitely be mad. At this point, make the most of it, and talk to him about it afterwards. After all, it's not a bad thing that you want to spend time with him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That would tick me off, big time. Like PPs said, just go along with it and talk to him afterward. You aren't overreacting though. You just want some alone time with your DH. That shouldn't be hard for him to understand. Good luck!
    Let us live our lives the way we shall wish we had lived when life is over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Depends on who the friends are!
    No, seriously -- I would be disappointed and a little sad.  Not really MAD, but sad.

You have a right to your feelings.  Talk to him about it later.  I hope you have fun, even though it isn't what you wanted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for the support ladies! It wound up being a fun day. Not exactly as planned, but fun none the less!

Much to my surprise DH came in and apologized right after I posted this.... And offered to find a sitter for next Sunday to make things up to me. Of course that's the day before I return to work so I don't think ill want to leave little one but I am happy he understands where I am coming from none the less!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th
    Trying to navigate through the world of IF
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14

After 37 days of shots, transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards