February 2013 Moms

5-months Moving Around In Sleep

My LO is the quirkiest, sweetest, little quandry and we love him more and more with each new develpment milestone.

Lately we've noticed that he moves around during his sleep. Just tonight I laid him with his head facing the wall and found him completely facing the opposite direction 2 hours later...as in 180-degree turn!

Does yours do the same? Is he safe to flip around like this?

Re: 5-months Moving Around In Sleep

• This is DS. He also just started rolling back to front. I don't know how he gets any rest at night because he is doing some serious exercise in there!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageDrea926:
    This is DS. He also just started rolling back to front. I don't know how he gets any rest at night because he is doing some serious exercise in there!

DD occasionally wakes herself up this way. She sleeps on her side a lot, and she'll roll to her tummy by accident, then start freaking out. She doesn't move too much in her sleep, though. Hopefully this means we won't end up with limbs through the crib slats, but that could change when she's more mobile.

• Loading the player...
  • Yep! For a while DD would flip to her belly and then get stuck there and start crying. Now half the time she sleeps on her belly (took me a while to get used to this!) or she will flip herself back over. She will also scoot herself around and often wakes up facing a different direction than we put her down in. This happened last night and unfortunately coincided with a complete blowout, poor baby. Needless to say, she got a bath bright and early this morning. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD has been moving around like this for a couple months already. She started to do it while swaddled; I would find her sideways or upside down pretty much every morning. Now she sleeps on her side and I don't think she moves much while sleeping, but when she wakes up she'll spin around in her crib before I get her, lol.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Ours roll over (both ways) and launch themselves around with their legs. The days of putting them in the position we want them to sleep in vanished weeks ago.
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"