February 2013 Moms

Swim Suit season,..

I have never loathed you as much as I do this year... Yes I realize I had a baby 4 months ago, but that does not take away from the FEAR of walking outside of my house in my swim suit... 

Oh how I want my body back.... Only 5 pounds from pre baby weight - but my body still does not feel anywhere close.. I know, give it time.. I just needed to rant!  

imageimg]

Re: Swim Suit season,..

• Ugh I know!!! I feel the same way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tell me about it.  I am really close to pre-baby weight and I still look about 5 months prego! And don't get me started on the stretchmarks this time...  nothing like making a gal feel unattractive.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

• I actually bought a tasteful one piece this year....gag me. :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I am 2 pounds under PP weight and I don't fit into anything. I have a gut and birthing hips. I have stress dreams about wearing a bathing suit.
  • I won't be wearing a bikini anytime soon. insert mobile sad face
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • image kbates85:
    I won't be wearing a bikini anytime soon. insert mobile sad face

Ditto here but add pale, blubber and stretchmarks somewhere in that sentence. So depressing.

• image Runaway22:
    c/s shelf FTW.Oh, well.nbsp;

This.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Drea926:
    I actually bought a tasteful one piece this year....gag me. :P

Lol! Me too, and I hate it! I may have to buy a bikini bc I feel like the one piece draws all the attention to my huge thighs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married the love of my life July 2010! TTC since Dec 2011.
    BFP #1: 1/20/12; missed m/c 2/17/12; d&c 3/2/12
    BFP #2: 6/1/12; EDD 2/12/13, DD born 1/5/13 at 34w 5d!
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image Runaway22:
    c/s shelf FTW.Oh, well.nbsp;
    What's FTW stand for? Eff the weight?

It stands for "For the win" but I like f*ck the weight much better. Big Smile I figure since DS isn't supposed to be in the pool until 6 mos which puts us at August I am going to just skip the whole pool/beach scene this summer. (We live in the Bay Area, so it's doable, the beaches suck a*s.) 

I got hit SO bad by stretch marks, and have the C section shelf to boot. I don't see bikinis in my future. 

I like cookies.

• I've worn a bikini already, but I definitely wasn't rocking it. I don't think I looked terrible though especially since we clearly have a small baby with us. I've had 13 years to get used to not having the body of a trained athlete (before DS1 I ran competitively in college). Even after having 2 and training really hard it's just not the same as before and nothing fits right.At this point after 3 I just want to fit into my old clothes again. But I've embraced the "more womanly" body and can still wear a bikini...I just have to be more picky about what I wear.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I just wore a swim suit for the first time this year. My favorite time to wear a swimsuit is after a baby, I fill out the top of my suit really we for awhile, until it is time to wean!
    August Sig. man crush
    Mom to 4 cute kids! 10 yo girl 8 yo boy 6 yo boy and a 1.5 yo boy!
  • image Drea926:

Umm, is it weird that I WANT to buy a one piece?? I'm normally suuuuper flat chested, so one pieces never looked quite right on me. Now that I actually have boobs, and there are so many cute, retro looking one pieces out there now, I'm kind of excited to give it a try!
  • image Puck1182:
    image Drea926:
    Umm, is it weird that I WANT to buy a one piece?? I'm normally suuuuper flat chested, so one pieces never looked quite right on me. Now that I actually have boobs, and there are so many cute, retro looking one pieces out there now, I'm kind of excited to give it a try!

You have a point! They are a lot cuter now with more styles! I was just sad because last year I bought 2 new bikinis for my honeymoon in Maui and was at my lightest weight and most fit. I look in the mirror like oh, how the mighty have fallen lol.

In all seriousness, I don't loathe my body. I get I just gave birth, blah blah, blah. I just have a slight vain streak. It's genetic. ;-) 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Is it wrong that I don't plan on buying a bathing suit? I'm just going to rock a nursing tank with my bikini bottoms. I'm thinking it will be like a tankini then. Plus the only beach I'll be going to is the lake by my parent's house which is a private beach or I'll be in my ILs pool.
  • One reason I'm glad I don't wear them anymore. I would dread having to put on a regular bathing suit right now. 
          DS1 - 8/07           DD2 - 2/13           DD1 - 3/11          DS2 - 1/09