Photography

Clickin Moms

How many of you are actually on that forum/site? Is it worth it? Would it be worth it to someone like me just starting out (I don't even own a DSLR yet...)?

TIA 

BFP: February 12 2012
Joseph Scott born October 8
7lb 12oz 20.5"
TTC #2 Since February 2013

Re: Clickin Moms

• kagl08kagl08
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Second Anniversary Combo Breaker

I love it! I've been there for about 6 months. Totally worth it to me. I've learned so much on that site, it's been such fun!

I think there's a free trial if you wanted to try it out. There was one when I joined.  

• CM is my favorite forum and you can really learn a ton from them. However, not sure how much you would learn if you don't have a DSLR, since you wouldn't have questions to ask and wouldn't be able to apply any knowledge you learn until you do?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • image jetskreemr:
    CM is my favorite forum and you can really learn a ton from them. However, not sure how much you would learn if you don't have a DSLR, since you wouldn't have questions to ask and wouldn't be able to apply any knowledge you learn until you do?

Thanks for the info. Is it just for professional photographers or would hobbyists learn from it too? 

BFP: February 12 2012
    Joseph Scott born October 8
    7lb 12oz 20.5"
    TTC #2 Since February 2013

• kagl08kagl08
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Second Anniversary Combo Breaker
    image ChristyML:

image jetskreemr:
    CM is my favorite forum and you can really learn a ton from them. However, not sure how much you would learn if you don't have a DSLR, since you wouldn't have questions to ask and wouldn't be able to apply any knowledge you learn until you do?

Thanks for the info. Is it just for professional photographers or would hobbyists learn from it too? 

It's for any level really. Hobbyists would definitely benefit as well! I would definitely get a DSLR 1st though.  

• I highly recommend CM to anyone wanting to increase their knowledge and photography skills. I joined in January and am on the forum everday! lol I have learnt so much it's crazy! LOVE that forum! I am a hobbyist :)

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I signed up for a 6-month membership and hardly use it. I really don't have a ton of time and the site is information overload. It's so overwhelming!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's probably worth doing a trial membership even before you get your first DSLR. Check out the FAQs. There are a number of quick start guides, including one about choosing your first DSLR.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards