January 2013 Moms

ebf, ttc

Lo is five months, I would like one more and I am 41. I haven't gotten my period yet but don't want stop bf VCR that is what's best for lo. Any solutions to my dilemma of wanting to get pregnant and wanting to continue bf lo?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ebf, ttc

• Your period will usually return when you are not nursing through the night.  Sadly, until they slow their nursing, there's not much you can do.
  • imagePatchChild:
    Your period will usually return when you are not nursing through the night.  Sadly, until they slow their nursing, there's not much you can do.

Keep in mind this is not always the case. My child hasn't nursed at night in 3+ months and I still don't have a period. She also only nurses 5 times a day and I pump 1x. (I know she said usually.)

OP it is so hard to know while bfing when you will become fertile again. I don't have any advice as we plan to start TTC again after the year mark. Good luck with your decision and TTC when you do. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine also hasn't returned and I haven't nursed at night in over 3 months. My Mother got pg with me before hers came back though so you can still try, you might catch it when you ovulate and never get it back which would be awesome.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageungraceful13:

OP it is so hard to know while bfing when you will become fertile again. I don't have any advice as we plan to start TTC again after the year mark. Good luck with your decision and TTC when you do. 

This.  It's different for everyone.  Some women are fertile pretty much right away, even while BFing.  Others won't be able to conceive until after they've weaned.  It can even vary baby to baby.  

My advice to you would be to start charting (read Taking Charge of Your Fertility) and try to figure out what your body is doing.  That should tell you whether you're ovulating or not.   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"