July 2011 Moms

Gifts for birthdays

What are your kiddos getting for their birthdays next month?!? 

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: Gifts for birthdays

• Dylan's 2nd bday is tomorrow!

hes getting 2 new books- Tickle Monster (laughter kit) and Waking Dragons.

a bunch of Wooden Thomas stuff and crocs to play in outside. He also got a joint gift with his big brother which is a big wooden playground from Costco.

Tomorrow we are taking him to Canada's Wonderland which is a pretty popular theme park an hour away from us.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • So much sh.t. 

Barbies

Some big a$$ dollhouse for Barbies 

Gold ID bracelet 

Barbie tent

Sesame St play set and characters

Dolls 

Sh.t for Dolls

Tons of coloring books and craft kits

A bunch of other sh.t I can't think of. It's all too much sh.t. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna save at least half for xmas.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Potatoes be potatin'

TTC #2 Since the beginning of time              
    700 Clomid TI cycles
    1 Clomid IUI
    2 IVFs
    1 Ectopic pregnancy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #TeamScienceBabies
    "If you NEED a miracle in your life, then BE a miracle in your life"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • so far just bought doll systems in a box there is a feeding chair, diaper bag, pack n play and carseat (which she already has one) for her dolls.

I was thinking of getting some more doll accessories, possibly Little People castle and or zoo, pillow pet, bean bag chair and a few other random learning type toys..

she already got an outdoor playhouse from DH's dad and step mom and she already got an outdoor sandbox from DHs mom. and my mom bought her a little minnie mouse bug power wheels type car. I know some of our parents are going to get her a few other smaller things.

• We just installed a pool & are in the process of ordering a swing set from Sams so I really don't feel the need to get her much for her birthday. I did get her a Radio Flyer "my first scooter" which she's probably too young for but I bought it new for $10 so it's going to have a big bow on it. :o) 

My mom bought her a bouncy house though so I'm stoked about that!!  

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11
  • Since Emme's birthday was in April she got:

a new bathing suit/ rash guard

tricycle

more blocks and books

a drum set and piano 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • A baby care kit like PP mentioned

Big Wheel bikethe little one

My little Pony, maybe

Maybe some trucks or bulldozers, maybe trains. She loves that stuff!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I think at this point, it would be better to ask what she is NOT getting. My parents have gone WAY overboard. Like literally every day I get a call asking if they can buy something else! We didn't get a ton, we got her a little keyboard shaped like a cat, a bunch of wooden puzzles, a few books, a clock for her big-girl room, and a lot of felt food from Ikea for her play kitchen.

My parents got her every other toy and clothing item ever made.  

• We are having a party, but we don't plan on buying gifts. We will spend that money on more day trips/activities. He doesn't need more toys, although I am sure that he will get gifts from friends/family. 

His grandparents will be making him a big sandbox soon at their house, so I know that he will enjoy that as a gift.  

EDIT: And now that I went back and read all of the other replies, I feel like a bad mom. But seriously, he doesn't know the difference yet, and I would rather spend a day at Storyland that buy more clutter for the house.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb

• Wooden shape sorter,ABC nesting blocks, hello kitty dream blanket,and Melissa and Doug Cookie set from us. Trying to keep it simple. We just purged the house today because the girls have SO,SO much.
  • I just bought DD some stuff at the Disney store today - 2 princess tshirts, a cute tote bag, water bottle, Cnderella cereal bowl... I think that's it. I'm also making her a Cinderella apron to wear at her party. I had initially wanted to get her a sandbox for her birthday, but then DH found one on CL cheap, and it's already been set up for a few wks. Had also thought about a fish tank and fish, but I don't know if we're ready for that. 

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! Cautiously expecting our second baby girl around 5/1/14.
  • image Mason&Mama:

EDIT: And now that I went back and read all of the other replies, I feel like a bad mom. But seriously, he doesn't know the difference yet, and I would rather spend a day at Storyland that buy more clutter for the house.  

Don't feel bad.  We typically request that nobody gives DD a gift but money towards her college fund instead.  You're just being practical for what works for your family. Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabyFruit Ticker

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - EDD 06/05/13 - Please be our Rainbow Baby

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• We scored and outdoor playhouse from Craigslist.  Depending on what everyone else gets her before her party, we may also be getting her an apron and Dora backpack.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabyFruit Ticker

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - EDD 06/05/13 - Please be our Rainbow Baby

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• We just constructed one of those giant wooden outdoor playsets for her. That's her present this year.

There's a couple add on pieces for it I want to get, so we'll wrap those up.

That and a M&D tool kit. She's obsessed with screwdrivers and hammers lately. I think grandma's going to buy that though. 

She doesn't need more stuff and loves her swingset so we're not going all out by any means.

• foam blocks, books, toy story dvd, pillow pet and a old school fisher price record player,  Thomas the train toy that talks.

My parents got him a kid table with 2 chairs (little tikes).

He doesn't need too much and I'm dreading all the extra toys- we already have so much.  I do want to get him the foam blocks badly, though, because he has wooden ones that I have to take away all the time, because apparently he thinks they are hammers.  He bangs them on EVERYTHING.