Parenting

Sick DS

DS doesn't feel well. He's had diarrhea for 2 days. I took him for his well check yesterday and the doctor didn't seem overly concerned since he isn't running a fever or not taking bottles. The diarrhea started the morning of the well check.

Just got off the phone with the after hours nurse because I thought the diarrhea would have cleared up by tonight and it hasn't. I feel bad for DS and he has diaper rash because of the diarrhea.

I gave him lots of diaper free time today, put on diaper cream with each change, cut out all purees except bananas, for a "brat" diet, he's only 9 months old, and bought pedialyte.

The nurse said I'm doing the right things but I feel like I should be doing more. Sick kids are so sad. Anything else I should be doing?

Re: Sick DS

• Sorry to hear he's sick :( Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Make sure he's getting enough liquids which it sounds like you're doing. Hope he feels better ASAP!
  • You're doing a good job. Just give him extra cuddles and make sure he stays hydrated. Pedialyte works very well. He will be better before you know it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • image kendra223:
    You're doing a good job. Just give him extra cuddles and make sure he stays hydrated. Pedialyte works very well. He will be better before you know it.

Thanks. It's just hard seeing your kid sick.
  • Teething can cause loose stools and diaper rash.  As long as he's not running a fever (above 101) and is eating and drinking he's probably ok.  Cornstarch is a miracle diaper rash cure.  Hope he feels better soon.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • My son had diarrhea that lasted about a week a few months ago. It was not fun! It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Can he eat bits of toast and rice? You could try that or add applesauce for the complete BRAT diet. Also, yogurt for the probiotics. Although honestly, mine wasn't eating anything so I gave him whatever he wanted, which was jello, yogurt, pancakes, and popsicles.

ETA: I hope he feels better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker