July 2012 Moms

Makeup Question

Alright laides, I know several of you know a ton about makeup and I need some help. I have really dark circles under my eyes these days, regardless of how much or little sleep I get. I use foundation to cover them up, but it doesn't really do the trick. Suggestions on what I could use so I don't look so haggard all the time?

TIA!

Re: Makeup Question

• Hemorrhoid ointment. No joke.

To cover them, go with a pink tinted concealer, seal with some powder so it doesn't wear off. Or if you don't want to do that, cover with a darker shade that what your skin tone actually is. People tend to think that lighter is the way to go, when in fact darker conceals it better.

To brighten your eyes, line your inner lid with a white liner, and do a small triangle highlight of the inner corner of your eye.

Eta: also, do big lashes on top, with minimal liner/colour on the bottom. It'll draw the attention to how open and bright your eyes are, as opposed to the circles.

Also, I should start following my own tips haha.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have dark bags under my eyes as well.  No matter how much sleep I get they are always there.  I use Bare minerals and have found that their bisque works well at covering them up.  I also do the white liner like nell suggested to brighten my eyes up.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you have seasonal allergies?  My dark undereye circles improved IMMENSELY once I started taking a daily Claritin spring-fall.  I also got sick with what I had thought were colds a lot less.

Ooo, and then I love my Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer.  It's very light and does not sink into my undereye wrinkles. 

• image ThePinkSuperhero:

Do you have seasonal allergies?  My dark undereye circles improved IMMENSELY once I started taking a daily Claritin spring-fall.  I also got sick with what I had thought were colds a lot less.

Ooo, and then I love my Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer.  It's very light and does not sink into my undereye wrinkles. 

I don't think I have seasonal allergies, although I used to. I'll have to keep that in mind though.

And thanks for the suggestion!

• image nellrose:
    Hemorrhoid ointment. No joke. To cover them, go with a pink tinted concealer, seal with some powder so it doesn't wear off. Or if you don't want to do that, cover with a darker shade that what your skin tone actually is. People tend to think that lighter is the way to go, when in fact darker conceals it better. To brighten your eyes, line your inner lid with a white liner, and do a small triangle highlight of the inner corner of your eye. Eta: also, do big lashes on top, with minimal liner/colour on the bottom. It'll draw the attention to how open and bright your eyes are, as opposed to the circles. Also, I should start following my own tips haha.

All of this is great! Thanks Nell!

• Girl, I am just like you in that department!

I use "Well Rested" from Bare Minerals.  It makes me look like I've slept for a year.  My mom has it really bad, and once I introduced her to the product (6+yrs ago) she hasn't used anything else, and she looks younger because of it.

imageimageimage
    photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!

Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• Bare minerals makes a liquid concealer. Its actually a brightener. I think its called stroke of light. I'm not home or I'd look at my tube. I love that stuff!! Works wonders. I've had dark circles since forever!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Meow84Meow84
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    A yellow based concealer helps in contrasting the darkness. I have hereditary under eye circles and that helps some!
    Page Graphics, Tumblr Graphics
  • image MissMusic:

Girl, I am just like you in that department!

I use "Well Rested" from Bare Minerals.  It makes me look like I've slept for a year.  My mom has it really bad, and once I introduced her to the product (6+yrs ago) she hasn't used anything else, and she looks younger because of it.

Thanks MM! I'll have to give it a try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards