February 2013 Moms

FFFC?

Anyone? Mine: this board is super nice, which is awesome, but I like it when there's a little controversy in certain threads. I like the debate and seeing why people fall on different sides of an issue. And a little snark is fun too...
BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13

Re: FFFC?

• This week I'm keeping it casual lol. 

Mine is that a few times, we've gone to visit family and of course the g-ma's fall all over to get up with DS in the middle of the night. Have at it! But the way their houses are set up, DS is either still in the room with us or right next door and I can still hear him get up. So of course I stay up to make sure everything goes smoothly and he goes back down.  What I really wish, is that one night when we visit, DH and I stay in a hotel so I don't have to wake up at all, and I can get up when I please.  I would love to relive just once what it's like to be totally in charge of my sleep.

View Full Size Imageimage

• We are going to a wedding tonight while MIL watches DD at our house. I'm going to drink. A lot. Maybe even a glass of wine before we go lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image artroyer:
    We are going to a wedding tonight while MIL watches DD at our house. I'm going to drink. A lot. Maybe even a glass of wine before we go lol

Yes 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• I swore I would never be "that mom" but I totally am.  I fully think that my baby is cute.  Not just "of course I think he's cute, bc he's my baby, and evolution made sure that I think he's cute so I don't, ya know, let the T-Rex eat him," but, "My kid is CUTE."  I'm that mom.  ::hangs head::
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• My FFFC - references my sleep consistency post earlier... We got in 2 short crib naps this am, but miss cranky pants was still cranky so I gave in an put her in the swing.  And I'm ok with it. Baby steps, right?  Part 2 of FFFC - she's made ME so cranky that now I really need lunch out with my friend (and possibly a beer), so I have to wake her In a half hour to change her and put her. The stroller.  Then she can go back to sleep. Whatever, she does it to me EVERY NIGHT. 

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...
  • image DC2London:
    I swore I would never be "that mom" but I totally am. nbsp;I fully think that my baby is cute. nbsp;Not just "of course I think he's cute, bc he's my baby, and evolution made sure that I think he's cute so I don't, ya know, let the TRex eat him," but, "My kid is CUTE." nbsp;I'm that mom. nbsp;::hangs head::

Im right there with you! I think my boys are the most handsome little boys in the world. Like really, they are freaking cute.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image DC2London:
    I swore I would never be "that mom" but I totally am. nbsp;I fully think that my baby is cute. nbsp;Not just "of course I think he's cute, bc he's my baby, and evolution made sure that I think he's cute so I don't, ya know, let the TRex eat him," but, "My kid is CUTE." nbsp;I'm that mom. nbsp;::hangs head::

I'm that mom too. There has to be a best baby somewhere, why can't it be mine?
  • image Sterling13:
    Anyone? Mine: this board is super nice, which is awesome, but I like it when there's a little controversy in certain threads. I like the debate and seeing why people fall on different sides of an issue. And a little snark is fun too...

Me too. Some times this board is a little too nice. Life isn't all rainbows and puppy dogs :::insert mobile smiley:::
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I have another one: I just found out about a work trip that will take me away for a night, leaving DH and DS on their own for about 36 hours. I'm looking forward to the sleep and for DH to get a taste of what I do while working full time every single day. He's a great dad, but he has no clue how much work it is and how much I do.
  • I am a hypocrite. I kind of hope my ex continues being a flake about visitation. At least for awhile. I still have feelings for him and am getting my arse kicked by PPD, and I don't want to have to deal with him right now. Yet, I complain about him not being involved... Ugh. I'm a horrible, selfish person and a hypocrite.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image Sterling13:

Me too. Some times this board is a little too nice. Life isn't all rainbows and puppy dogs :::insert mobile smiley:::

I like how nice our board is. While I realize that's not real life and there are going to be disagreements, it's so much easier to assess the situation in person and have a handle on your emotions. When it's here, as soon as there's a disagreement it automatically comes off b!tchy when it's not meant too be; like the two posters talking about central AC yesterday. As soon as someone disagrees I'm like, "Abort! Abort!" So I tend I keep my opinions to myself. But maybe it's just me. I tend to avoid conflict in person as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• image DC2London:

Well, your kids ARE cute, but mine could totes be a baby model :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image DublinMama:

This week I'm keeping it casual lol. 

Mine is that a few times, we've gone to visit family and of course the g-ma's fall all over to get up with DS in the middle of the night. Have at it! But the way their houses are set up, DS is either still in the room with us or right next door and I can still hear him get up. So of course I stay up to make sure everything goes smoothly and he goes back down.  What I really wish, is that one night when we visit, DH and I stay in a hotel so I don't have to wake up at all, and I can get up when I please.  I would love to relive just once what it's like to be totally in charge of my sleep.

Ha! I just said to DH the other day that one night I'm getting a hotel room just so I can sleep without any interruptions! 

My confession is I can't wait for the 50 Shades of Grey movie. I was just reading about how they picked a director and got super excited. I know - horrible trashy book, blah, blah, blah (and I teach English) but translated into film where it will be equally, if not more horrible and trashy - sign me up!

(This is also coming from someone who loves Lifetime movies as well. :P)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• My FFFC is more a UO, but since there wasn't one yesterday I have to get it off my chest.
    I completely loath Adam sandler and any movie he's ever been in. He seriously needs too step away from acting for a while, maybe forever. Going through the "funny" movies on Netflix, Adam sandler takes up the entire first page! I've never found any of his movies funny and it's just the same thing over and over and over. I feel the same about Vince Vaughn.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Sometimes I wish I could just drop DD off at grandma's for a whole day so that I could get stuff done around the house without feeling guilty for not playing with her. I never feel like I am doing enough for her as a mom.

And I agree with PP's, I like some snark and debates occasionally too!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• image knickerbockers:
    My FFFC is more a UO, but since there wasn't one yesterday I have to get it off my chest. I completely loath Adam sandler and any movie he's ever been in. He seriously needs too step away from acting for a while, maybe forever. Going through the "funny" movies on Netflix, Adam sandler takes up the entire first page! I've never found any of his movies funny and it's just the same thing over and over and over. I feel the same about Vince Vaughn.

I used to think Adam Sandler was funny when I was in middle school/maybe high school. I'm kinda over it, though I looooooved 50 First Dates. Loved.

As for Vince Vaughn, I just get the douchyvibe off of him. He's not particularly enjoyable to watch, IMO. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • After last week's thread, I feel this way about FFFC.

Nope Nope Nope Octopus 

lol 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image DC2London:
    I swore I would never be "that mom" but I totally am.  I fully think that my baby is cute.  Not just "of course I think he's cute, bc he's my baby, and evolution made sure that I think he's cute so I don't, ya know, let the T-Rex eat him," but, "My kid is CUTE."  I'm that mom.  ::hangs head::

I'm that mom too. But I can't help it! She's really cute!! She looks like a darn Pixar character sometimes!

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image RiverSong82:

image DC2London:
    I swore I would never be "that mom" but I totally am.  I fully think that my baby is cute.  Not just "of course I think he's cute, bc he's my baby, and evolution made sure that I think he's cute so I don't, ya know, let the T-Rex eat him," but, "My kid is CUTE."  I'm that mom.  ::hangs head::

I'm that mom too. But I can't help it! She's really cute!! She looks like a darn Pixar character sometimes!

Yeah, your baby IS cute, River. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Runaway22:
    image RiverSong82:

image DC2London:

LOL thanks. Every time I look at this pic, I'm like, "Man! Her eyes are huge!" 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image kleigh926:
    Sometimes I wish I could just drop DD off at grandma's for a whole day so that I could get stuff done around the house without feeling guilty for not playing with her. I never feel like I am doing enough for her as a mom. And I agree with PP's, I like some snark and debates occasionally too!

I feel this way too. The first 6 weeks postpartum I had really bad feelings of inadequacy. It's a lot better but it definitely creeps up on me still. I'm having one of those days today actually. I was trying to get DS down for a nap but then he had a total meltdown and I was thinking it was because he was overtired, then I realized he was starving. Ugh. DH tells me all the time I'm trying to live up to this "perfect mom" image I have in my head which doesn't exist in real life. I know he's right but I really have to work on letting that go... 

• image RiverSong82:
    image Runaway22:
    image RiverSong82:

LOL thanks. Every time I look at this pic, I'm like, "Man! Her eyes are huge!" 

I have a picture of DS that I have dubbed "perfect baby face." It amazes me every time I see it.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Runaway22:

image knickerbockers:
    My FFFC is more a UO, but since there wasn't one yesterday I have to get it off my chest.
    I completely loath Adam sandler and any movie he's ever been in. He seriously needs too step away from acting for a while, maybe forever. Going through the "funny" movies on Netflix, Adam sandler takes up the entire first page! I've never found any of his movies funny and it's just the same thing over and over and over. I feel the same about Vince Vaughn.

I used to think Adam Sandler was funny when I was in middle school/maybe high school. I'm kinda over it, though I looooooved 50 First Dates. Loved.

As for Vince Vaughn, I just get the douchyvibe off of him. He's not particularly enjoyable to watch, IMO. 

Total douchvibe. H thinks he's hilarious.
    As for Adam sandler, yelling louder isn't going to make you any funnier.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• image DC2London:

I am that mom too....was just telling Rory that he is the most handsome, cute, fun baby in the entire world, possibly the universe!

photo 1adb961f-af9a-415e-a6e7-75e55b6aa680_zpsc27186ce.jpg 

• image Runaway22:

I have a picture of DS that I have dubbed "perfect baby face." It amazes me every time I see it.  

Aw! I bet he's super adorable! :) 

Edited: Trimmed quote tree 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image Drea926:

image DC2London:

I am that mom too....was just telling Rory that he is the most handsome, cute, fun baby in the entire world, possibly the universe!

photo 1adb961f-af9a-415e-a6e7-75e55b6aa680_zpsc27186ce.jpg 

OMG he is REALLY cute! 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Aw! Thank you River! :-)

Edited to say "you" not "your" haha! 

• image DC2London:

It's okay...I'm that mom too.  Embarrassed

DS has taken to screaming while nursing this week, usually in the afternoon/early evening.  It's not that he unlatches and screams, or is on a nursing strike, he screams while he is eating.  Sometimes he starts smacking my boob or my face out of frustration.  I think it is either discomfort from teething or a growth spurt (dang milk won't come fast enough to feed my hunger!!!) but it is seriously driving me up a wall.

Last night DH took him into the kitchen for his bath.  I always go in and watch - it is special family time for us - but last night I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I was frustrated and tired, so I stayed in our bedroom and read while they had fun with bathtime.  I felt like a terrible mother/wife and like I was being ungrateful for my wonderful boys whom I love to pieces, but I needed a break. 

Also, I asked DH to stay home from a camping/whitewater rafting/bachelor party trip with my SIL's fianc? because today is my birthday.  He was supposed to go camping tonight and rafting in the morning and we were going to celebrate yesterday, but I asked him to stay so we could celebrate today and he will leave early tomorrow morning and meet the rest of the boys there.  It's probably a little selfish of me, but I decided just to be honest about what I wanted.

• This is one of those weeks where I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. DD has been melting down with every bottle and nap and when I put her down at night. I'm at my wit's end and I get so btchy with her. I'm so glad she has no idea what I'm saying, but I'm sure she can read my negative vibes even though I say stuff like 'mommy and daddy are going to get divorced because of you' in a sing songy baby voice. Yes i said that to an infant. I'm a terrible mother and possibly a terrible humanbeing.
  • My sex drive is not even close to being back.... And I don't mind! Sex once a month sounds good to me! 

PI am sure hubby feels different! Ha 

imageimg]