July 2012 Moms

What do you think?

My best friend is getting married next Saturday in Chicago [about a 1.5 drive for me, more depending on time of day]. The rehearsal dinner is at 7pm on Friday and we need to be ready for hair and makeup at 10am on Saturday. H and I decided that K will stay home with my mom for the wedding [and we will stay overnight Saturday at the hotel] because it really won't be fun for any of us trying to keep her entertained. Plus, I want to be completely present for my friend and that's just not possible when K is there.

Anyway, my plan was to drive to the rehearsal and drive home that night, and then drive back down on Saturday morning, mainly because I feel guilty leaving K for 2 days. My H has to work lateon Friday so he cant come to the rehearsal and is going to take the train down Sat afternoon for the wedding. However, K will be  sleeping when I get home Friday night and I'll see her for like 2 hours on Saturday morning.

The other reason for doing the driving back and forth is that the hotel is $250 a night and we are already staying Saturday. My friend texted me and said she and her husband to be were talking and want me to just stay in their suite Friday night. My first response was hell no, I feel like a bum/creep staying with the couple the night before their wedding! But she said its a gigantic suite and they won't even know I'm there....and that she wants me to be there.

What do you think? Creepy? 

Page Graphics, Tumblr Graphics
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you think?

• I think since your friend suggested it, and also because it's a big enough suite that you won't be in their way, I'd go for it. Are there other friends staying Friday night that you could hang out with in case you feel a little awkward hanging in the room?

I would stay the night just so you don't have to worry about car troubles, an accident, etc. Plus it would mean more relaxing time for you, you can DRINK MORE, and maybe the bride really just wants some friends nearby on that last night, kwim?

• Are you sure the husband to be is going to be sleeping in there? When my sister got married, my other sister and I slept in their room with her the night before and her hubs slept in his best man's room with him. You know, the can't see the bride before the wedding thing.

If it is a suite and you'd be sleeping in a entirely separate room from them, I don't think that is so creepy. 

my sweet boys

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you should do it.  Save yourself all that driving!  K will have a good time with Dad/Grandma.
  • Meow84Meow84
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image aimee223:

Are you sure the husband to be is going to be sleeping in there? When my sister got married, my other sister and I slept in their room with her the night before and her hubs slept in his best man's room with him. You know, the can't see the bride before the wedding thing.

If it is a suite and you'd be sleeping in a entirely separate room from them, I don't think that is so creepy. 

yes, he is definitely going to be there. Maybe it's a regional thing, but my H and I stayed together the night before, too. I was also having a horrible anxiety attack so I wanted to be with him, though. 

Page Graphics, Tumblr Graphics
  • Definitely stay on Friday night, and enjoy yourself! The night before our wedding, DH stayed at the hotel with his groomsmen and I stayed at my mom's house with the bridesmaids... We had someone come in to do manis/pedis and it was like a big slumber party... Super fun! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say go for it. Your friend was the one that suggested it and wants you there. And maybe the groom will end up staying somewhere else that night. Personally I would hate driving that much and if your mom is good with keeping K an extra night it's a win win.

• image ThePinkSuperhero:
    I think you should do it. nbsp;Save yourself all that driving! nbsp;K will have a good time with Dad/Grandma.

This and what Aimee said about it being a completely separate room. Not creepy. You'll be able to relax more, and you'll save yourself a trip.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • zyaszyas
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I think you should stay there. It's not creepy or anything. You and your friend will probably end up staying up late and having a good time.
  • I would absolutely stay. She invited you and she wants you there. If you feel comfortable leaving K for both nights, you will probably enjoy yourself a lot more if you aren't spending half the weekend driving. 

• I would. I bet the H won't stay there. Even if he does who cares. I highly doubt they we do any hanky panky

"They can never have yesterday"
  • I agree with PPs, I'd stay the night, especially since she suggested it. Have fun!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image zyas:
    I think you should stay there. It's not creepy or anything. You and your friend will probably end up staying up late and having a good time.

Absolutely this!

imageimageimage
    photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Clomidx2, Femara, IUI's = BFNs

Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    HB 160 @8w; 163 @12w; 155 @16w; 145 @20-21w
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• Stay! Have a good time! Order the blueberry pancakes!