January 2013 Moms

FFFC

Let's hear them!

I'm super bad about my nutrition since having LO even though I EP.  I'm not taking vitamins and I don't really go out of my way to eat a balanced diet.  I drink way more coffee than I should.  I had a McGriddle for breakfast this morning.  Sometimes I feel bad about it but most days I'm just like "I want to eat the world" which means pizza, gyros, fast food, etc.

As you can probably guess, losing those last 10 lbs of baby weight isn't going so hot Indifferent

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

Re: FFFC

• I love mcgriddles! They are so not healthy but so tasty. I also forget to take my vitamins and I EBF.

I try not to be one of those moms who judges other moms because that always drove me nuts, but I saw a lady in my neighborhood that took her infant child, who was DDs age or younger and drove her on her lap to the pool. Granted it is a very short drive to our neighborhood pool but that is SO unsafe. And for that matter the pool was so close she could walk. DD hates her car seat but my husband is a medic and would flip if I ever put her on my lap in the drivers seat.

My Baby Blog:I carry your heart
  • DH stayed home with DD on Tuesday until I got home from work at 4:30.  I was secretly a little happy that he was so exhaused.  It gave him a new found respect for me staying home with her 19 weeks (and he doesn't get home from work until 7:30 or 8:00 every night) and for being a working mom. 

• In my sleep deprived state I couldn't remember if my DS had already taken his tylenol at some pre-dawn hour, or not. (ear infection). So I gave him a dose before daycare to be sure he was comfortable. He might have just had a dose 1 to 2 hours before therefore i basically double dosed him.  I don't know.

He survived. Hopefully his liver did too.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't know if this counts but I let DS nurse for comfort to sleep almost every night, he also sleeps in our guest bed with only myself (I haven't slept in the same bed as my fiance since before he was born). My SO keeps begging me to put LO in the crib to sleep at night so I can sleep with him - but I honestly don't want to.

I love sleeping with LO and I don't mind nursing him for comfort since I was starting to lose my supply because LO would rather have a bottle so I will take any nursing sessions he'll give me + domperidone has slowly started working the last day or so.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Can I add another one? My MIL is watching DD today and my SIL decides that she'll just pop on over to my house (about a 90 minute drive) with her 3 terribly behaved kids and spend the day.  MIL is going to be watching her every Friday so I really hope SIL doesn't think she's going to drop her kids off every Friday too. So now I have to miss my baby all day and be worried that my house will be in shambles when I get home.  I really DO NOT LIKE her or her husband (and if we're flame-free, I don't really enjoy their kids all that much).

• My MIL watches DS a few times a week and straight up lets him watch tv. I have tried numerous times to tell her when he is fussy it is because he is tired. Anyway I still will not put the tv on for him but I sure will let him watch the Elmo and I Know it video when I am trying to get him to stay awake to make it to the next feeding. He starts smiling and it totally calms him down.

Also I let DS ride in the passenger seat and held his hand as I drove on their connecting driveways from my moms house to my sisters. They both have houses on 11 acres so I was not on an actual rode. Its kinda like DS enjoyed being able to look around! It only happened one time.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 part:

I wanted to have the 4th of July with DH and LO all to myself.  I didn't tell anyone because I thought I was being selfish, so I just decided to see how things go.  

Yesterday MIL informs DH and I that she and FIL will be spending the 4th with my BIL and not with us.  I was pissed that she didn't want to celebrate with us. (even though it meant I get what I wanted)

So, for now I'm one of those DILs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • ta78ta78
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    image ashcody2:

I don't know if this counts but I let DS nurse for comfort to sleep almost every night, he also sleeps in our guest bed with only myself (I haven't slept in the same bed as my fiance since before he was born). My SO keeps begging me to put LO in the crib to sleep at night so I can sleep with him - but I honestly don't want to.

I love sleeping with LO and I don't mind nursing him for comfort since I was starting to lose my supply because LO would rather have a bottle so I will take any nursing sessions he'll give me + domperidone has slowly started working the last day or so.

Have you guys talked about that? Is there a reason you don't want to sleep w your FI? It can't be good for your relationship. 

Quinton  06.25.10
    Wren  01.13.11

photo qw_zpsd8c3bb1b.jpg

.blog.
  • image ta78:
    image ashcody2:

I don't know if this counts but I let DS nurse for comfort to sleep almost every night, he also sleeps in our guest bed with only myself (I haven't slept in the same bed as my fiance since before he was born). My SO keeps begging me to put LO in the crib to sleep at night so I can sleep with him - but I honestly don't want to.

Have you guys talked about that? Is there a reason you don't want to sleep w your FI? It can't be good for your relationship. 

I guess it did sound pretty bad how I typed it. I think we're doing fine, I mean we've DTD plenty of times - we just don't sleep in the same bed. We've all tried sleeping in the same bed & there just isn't enough room (we need a king!). I mostly don't want to sleep with him because it's easier to nurse while side-lying so I can actually get some sleep, and LO sleeps so much better with me in bed than in a crib so it's really just easier overall.

I won't lie though, there have been times when he's gotten on my nerves and I just don't want to sleep in the same bed with him either. At this point, it's more out of habit, laziness & we both get more room in bed. I know I should probably put LO in his crib, most likely at 6 months.

• I bought a new carseat for DD. We used it on a road trip and I HATE it. Hate is not strong enough. It is hate, literally, to the point that I wait for DH to get home before going anywhere because I don't want to deal with the carseat. My confession is that I am thinking about returning it even though I all ready used it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Totally printed all 34 pages of our phone bill at work so I could see excatly where they overcharged us when I called them. Also from work. While I did my first pump of the day. Teehee.
    image image imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Arichison08:
    I love mcgriddles! They are so not healthy but so tasty. I also forget to take my vitamins and I EBF.

I try not to be one of those moms who judges other moms because that always drove me nuts, but I saw a lady in my neighborhood that took her infant child, who was DDs age or younger and drove her on her lap to the pool. Granted it is a very short drive to our neighborhood pool but that is SO unsafe. And for that matter the pool was so close she could walk. DD hates her car seat but my husband is a medic and would flip if I ever put her on my lap in the drivers seat.

Me too but I almost lost in when I was at a stop light this morning and saw a definitely not 2 year old forward facing car seat and he was STANDING UP. Wtf.
    image image imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ta78ta78
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    image ashcody2:
    image ta78:
    image ashcody2:

I guess it did sound pretty bad how I typed it. I think we're doing fine, I mean we've DTD plenty of times - we just don't sleep in the same bed. We've all tried sleeping in the same bed & there just isn't enough room (we need a king!). I mostly don't want to sleep with him because it's easier to nurse while side-lying so I can actually get some sleep, and LO sleeps so much better with me in bed than in a crib so it's really just easier overall.

I won't lie though, there have been times when he's gotten on my nerves and I just don't want to sleep in the same bed with him either. At this point, it's more out of habit, laziness & we both get more room in bed. I know I should probably put LO in his crib, most likely at 6 months.

Ok.. Yeah it sounded more like you just don't want to be around him, but I understand wanting to be close to your LO. They aren't babies for long. It is up to you when you are ready to put him in the crib. DD is still in her rnp next to us.. and DS is 3 and still climbs in bed w us most nights. It's what works for our family right now.

I just know too many people in bad relationships and its better to sort that out now before you are married. But sounds like that's not it. 

Quinton  06.25.10
    Wren  01.13.11

photo qw_zpsd8c3bb1b.jpg

.blog.
  • image Arichison08:
    I saw a lady in my neighborhood that took her infant child, who was DDs age or younger and drove her on her lap to the pool. Granted it is a very short drive

What the actual F'uck?!  I seriously can't believe your neighbor is pulling a Britney Spears!! I would call the cops or CPS. Or both. No way am I ok with that shiit. How has no one addressed this yet?!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • image luvindanimals:
    My MIL watches DS a few times a week and straight up lets him watch tv. I have tried numerous times to tell her when he is fussy it is because he is tired. Anyway I still will not put the tv on for him but I sure will let him watch the Elmo and I Know it video when I am trying to get him to stay awake to make it to the next feeding. He starts smiling and it totally calms him down. Also I let DS ride in the passenger seat and held his hand as I drove on their connecting driveways from my moms house to my sisters. They both have houses on 11 acres so I was not on an actual rode. Its kinda like DS enjoyed being able to look around! It only happened one time.

is this real lyfe? You drove a car with your infant in the passenger seat alone, not on someone's lap, and you held his hand?!?  (Leaving only 1 hand on the steering wheel.) Why would you do this??

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I am trying to lose these last 10 pounds as well. I have been staying away from fast food, but I havn't been too good about exercising.

Anyway, I had given up caffeine. I was tempted though by the smell of the coffee DH brewed this morning and poured myself a cup.

It was good.....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:
    My MIL watches DS a few times a week and straight up lets him watch tv. I have tried numerous times to tell her when he is fussy it is because he is tired. Anyway I still will not put the tv on for him but I sure will let him watch the Elmo and I Know it video when I am trying to get him to stay awake to make it to the next feeding. He starts smiling and it totally calms him down.

Also I let DS ride in the passenger seat and held his hand as I drove on their connecting driveways from my moms house to my sisters. They both have houses on 11 acres so I was not on an actual rode. Its kinda like DS enjoyed being able to look around! It only happened one time.

is this real lyfe? You drove a car with your infant in the passenger seat alone, not on someone's lap, and you held his hand?!?  (Leaving only 1 hand on the steering wheel.) Why would you do this??

Eeeeek once when DS was 2 weeks old DH didn't buckle one of the carseat harness straps correctly. I. Freaked. Out. I can't imagine putting him in the front seat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath - (gXry)
  • image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:
    My MIL watches DS a few times a week and straight up lets him watch tv. I have tried numerous times to tell her when he is fussy it is because he is tired. Anyway I still will not put the tv on for him but I sure will let him watch the Elmo and I Know it video when I am trying to get him to stay awake to make it to the next feeding. He starts smiling and it totally calms him down.

I sure did! My mom and sis live on the same piece of land. My sis who watches him had come up to see my mom but didn't bring any of DS stuff. So I put him in the passenger seat where he sat held his hand while we drove on a driveway to my sisters house so i could load his stuff in my car and get his carseat. To give you an idea of distance you can yell back and forth between houses. And again it was in the driveway not an actual road.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today I contemplated booking a vacation... For myself! Just fly to the Bahamas for a weekend.. Alone .. Sleep until whenever I want, sit on the beach all day, and do absolutely nothing productive! Ha, nice to dream right? I love Ds and DH, but gosh sometimes it would be nice to have some me time; alone time, not being a wife, mom, or nurse. Ok back to real life now!
  • image SammieJane:
    Today I contemplated booking a vacation... For myself! Just fly to the Bahamas for a weekend.. Alone .. Sleep until whenever I want, sit on the beach all day, and do absolutely nothing productive! Ha, nice to dream right? I love Ds and DH, but gosh sometimes it would be nice to have some me time; alone time, not being a wife, mom, or nurse. Ok back to real life now!

This sounds heavenly.  I don't think I would ever do it, but a weekend away sounds amazing.  I'll daydream with you!  

We were driving near the airport today and I totally fantasized about a childless vacation with MH.  I was thinking about how much fun our honeymoon was.  Maybe for our 10yr anniversary! 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Its 8pm and I'm pumping for the last time today so I can drink a few beers! Woohoo!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• image sbevmc09:

image SammieJane:
    Today I contemplated booking a vacation... For myself! Just fly to the Bahamas for a weekend.. Alone .. Sleep until whenever I want, sit on the beach all day, and do absolutely nothing productive! Ha, nice to dream right? I love Ds and DH, but gosh sometimes it would be nice to have some me time; alone time, not being a wife, mom, or nurse. Ok back to real life now!

This sounds heavenly.  I don't think I would ever do it, but a weekend away sounds amazing.  I'll daydream with you!  

We were driving near the airport today and I totally fantasized about a childless vacation with MH.  I was thinking about how much fun our honeymoon was.  Maybe for our 10yr anniversary! 

Haha daydreaming it is! I would never have the nerve to actually do it, and if I did, with my luck it would end up a lifetime movie! Me relating a hypothetical trip to a lifetime movie must be a sign that I watch way too much LMN haha!
  • I totally had like 3 ice cream drumsticks yesterday. My stepson's mom had her daughter (my stepson's half sister so not my DH's kid) come spend the weekend with us. All I can think is she wanted a weekend kid free (She likes to go out and get drunk on the weekends) and my second thought is I hope she doesn't think that we are going to be swapping kids now (she's said that once I'm not breastfeeding she's taking my daughter), I say over my dead body. Anyway, I have held DD in my lap in the car but it was at an arboretum and we were driving between the nature parks which was like 30 seconds away and only like 10 mph and one way driveway. I would never drive with her in my lap though or have her on my lap on an actual road.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image luvindanimals:
    image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:
    My MIL watches DS a few times a week and straight up lets him watch tv. I have tried numerous times to tell her when he is fussy it is because he is tired. Anyway I still will not put the tv on for him but I sure will let him watch the Elmo and I Know it video when I am trying to get him to stay awake to make it to the next feeding. He starts smiling and it totally calms him down. Also I let DS ride in the passenger seat and held his hand as I drove on their connecting driveways from my moms house to my sisters. They both have houses on 11 acres so I was not on an actual rode. Its kinda like DS enjoyed being able to look around! It only happened one time.

I sure did! My mom and sis live on the same piece of land. My sis who watches him had come up to see my mom but didn't bring any of DS stuff. So I put him in the passenger seat where he sat held his hand while we drove on a driveway to my sisters house so i could load his stuff in my car and get his carseat. To give you an idea of distance you can yell back and forth between houses. And again it was in the driveway not an actual road.

I can think of about 20 different waysI would handle this situation before putting my infant in the front seat of a moving car. I'm shocked only one other Pp thinks this is outrageous too! 

Rap Roller
  • image LaurelBee:
    image luvindanimals:
    image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:

I can think of about 20 different waysI would handle this situation before putting my infant in the front seat of a moving car. I'm shocked only one other Pp thinks this is outrageous too! 

To be completely honest it's not something I would be comfortable with, but if she was driving on a driveway I don't think it's that outrageous :shrug:  I mean, there were no other cars and I doubt there's much risk for an accident on what is essentially a driveway.  Now if the driveway ran along a cliff or something, that might be cause for extra concern... 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image LaurelBee:
    image luvindanimals:
    image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:

Easy there tiger, pushing a stroller across a street is more dangerous. 

• image sewvt86:
    image LaurelBee:
    image luvindanimals:
    image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:

Speaking of no car seats...my brother and I were just reminiscing about our patents driving us cross country when we were 4 and 6. They took the backseat out of the minivan and put an air mattress in the back. Oh the 80s.

Daisypath - (gXry)
  • image sewvt86:
    image LaurelBee:
    image luvindanimals:
    image LaurelBee:

image luvindanimals:

This. Unclutch your pearls.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Indifferent This is still me.

Rap Roller