July 2012 Moms

Re: FFFC

• My daughter called me last night and left a voicemail crying about not wanting to see her birth father today. Broke. MY. Heart!  She left a jumbled mess of tears saying how she doesn't really want to see him today and could I please call her maw maw to let her know. She said she told her grandma and she said it didn't matter she has to see him.  My hands are pretty much tied with this, so now im just waiting for her to call me so I can talk to her.

I think she's just apprehensive about seeing him because she's only been around him twice in the last 10 years. Her brothers will be with them so she wont be alone. I just feel bad that she feels this way and there is nothing I can do about it. I can imagine how great that phone call would be "Oh hello ex mil, yeah can you keep your son away from my daughter? He totally creeps her out. Ok Thanks"

I want to fly down there and get her now Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I am about to ruffle some feathers. I apologize in advance to Sally and others who had a doula.

My BFF is having her second baby in late July.  She is having a VBAC (not judging), going med-free(not judging) and got a doula(JUDGING!!!!)

THis is why:

I asked her why she is getting a doula and she said she wants to go med-free.  Ok, I can name a billion people who went med-free and didn't have one.  Including and not limited to CWM, my mom and my bf's mom.

I asked her what she does.  She said "she is a coach, gives me massages, talks me through contractions, encourages me, gets me ice"  Isn't that what a nurse is for? doctor? your husband?

A very good friend of mine said, "If your husband can't be your coach then you need a new flucking husband, not a doula" 

She told me it is 1,000 dollars and if she has to have another c-section it is not refundable. In that case the doula will visit her in the hospital and at home.  Help her with breastfeeding, and help her with whatever she needs, including housekeeping. Huh?  So, now the doula becomes a maid/lactation consultant?  

I am on a cleanse and am a bittchh this week.  I want pasta.   

ETA:

PS: for 1,000 dollars I hope she does ovens. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image reinedecajun:

My daughter called me last night and left a voicemail crying about not wanting to see her birth father today. Broke. MY. Heart!  She left a jumbled mess of tears saying how she doesn't really want to see him today and could I please call her maw maw to let her know. She said she told her grandma and she said it didn't matter she has to see him.  My hands are pretty much tied with this, so now im just waiting for her to call me so I can talk to her.

I think she's just apprehensive about seeing him because she's only been around him twice in the last 10 years. Her brothers will be with them so she wont be alone. I just feel bad that she feels this way and there is nothing I can do about it. I can imagine how great that phone call would be "Oh hello ex mil, yeah can you keep your son away from my daughter? He totally creeps her out. Ok Thanks"

Ughh that is awful. Poor everyone! Hopefully her brothers will be able to talk her down :(

My FFFC:

Apparently I'm a superficial twat. 

Eleanor got her hair cut on Wednesday. I super hate it. She's just not as cute with this new do!!!! She looks like a little boy with a bad bowl cut. I get that there will be an awkward period (I mean... never having your hair cut, you have to start somewhere) but I really hope it evens out a bit over the next couple of weeks... We have 1 year photos on the 9th!

Gah! 

• image BubbaJug:
    image reinedecajun:

My FFFC:

Eleanor got her hair cut on Wednesday. I super hate it. She's just not as cute with this new do!!!! She looks like a little boy with a bad bowl cut. I get that there will be an awkward period (I mean... never having your hair cut, you have to start somewhere) but I really hope it evens out a bit over the next couple of weeks... We have 1 year photos on the 9th!

Gah! 

Same thing here! Frankie had his hair cut on Saturday and I hate it! It's to short in the back like the neck line is so far up. He also has a widows peak so when she trimmed the hair in front it doesn't help hide his "bald spots". We're having to push back his one year photos..or get him to wear a hat until it grows out a little. 

• image reinedecajun:
    image BubbaJug:
    image reinedecajun:

My FFFC:

Gah! 

Same thing here! Frankie had his hair cut on Saturday and I hate it! It's to short in the back like the neck line is so far up. He also has a widows peak so when she trimmed the hair in front it doesn't help hide his "bald spots". We're having to push back his one year photos..or get him to wear a hat until it grows out a little. 

Maybe I'll mix some prenatal vitamins in with her cheerios :) 

• image BubbaJug:

Gah! 

I am so terrified of this happening.  DD may just never have a hair cut because I am too scared.

Hope it evens out soon! 

photo MeganOneYearBW-4148_zps14b6141f.jpg
    Two girls!
    M - July 2012 baby born in late June 2012
    P - Born in May 2014
  • Cajun my heart goes out to C and you. Its good her brothers are with her.

My FFFC I've been reading trashy Nora Roberts books all week so H is getting it like everrrry night.... 

• image BubbaJug:

Ughh that is awful. Poor everyone! Hopefully her brothers will be able to talk her down :(

My FFFC:

Gah! 

I'm just letting Addie's pony tail be blowing and growing! No, seriously Addie's hair looks bad right now, too because her bangs are all in her face. I want to grow her bangs out and it is taking forever. It is too thin to really secure with a clip or anything. But I don't want to cut it because we are going to have to go through this stage all over again. I feel like people think I'm not taking care of her because her hair is all up in her face, but it has to go through this stage at some point if I want her to be bangless. I think this is an awkward stage for a lot of babies hair wise. I saw e's pics on Facebook and she would be a cutie with the old hair, the new hair, or no hair at all. She's just plain cute!

• image megs52881:

She told me it is 1,000 dollars and if she has to have another c-section it is not refundable. In that case the doula will visit her in the hospital and at home.  Help her with breastfeeding, and help her with whatever she needs, including housekeeping. Huh?  So, now the doula becomes a maid/lactation consultant?  

What a load of isht.  My FFC is that I think doulas are baloney.  All the ones I know think they know more than doctors, and I give them massive side-eye for that.  I also hear one I know discussing the births of her "patients" in detail with random strangers (like me)- hello, maybe she wants the details of her birth kept private, biyatch!

• This one is really hard for me to admit...

I am generally a VERY laid back mom.  I do not get myself in a twist about milestones or comparing Bertie to other kids...except...food!  I try not to worry about it, I try so hard to calm my crazy and be cool, but it seriously stresses me out that she wants nothing to do with "real" food and has no clue how to use a cup of any kind (and we've tried them all with water, juice, milk, formula!)  I ate (and still eat) anything and everything as a kid and my #1 fear about Bertie's early childhood is that she'll be a picky eater.  I'm terrified that she'll be screaming for her bottle and chicken nuggets at like 4 years old.  UUUGGGHHH!!  I hate this side of myself Tongue Tied

• I think that over a certain age [maybe 65?] people should be tested annually for their drivers license. Especially vision tests. Maybe this is a UO but its early so it's all I've got.

• image jfresh:
    I think that over a certain age [maybe 65?] people should be tested annually for their drivers license. Especially vision tests. Maybe this is a UO but its early so it's all I've got.

I agree. My grandfather has no business driving and he is almost 90. I am good friends with a cop in his town and told him about my grandfather. He said that people will call the station and inform them of people like this and they can pull them over and give them an on the spot test and take away their license if necessary. I told him that someone should definitely call on my grandfather. Well...this friend pulled him over about a month ago for me and took away his license. I feel kinda bad but he was going to kill someone if he continued driving.

• image BubbaJug:
    image reinedecajun:

My daughter called me last night and left a voicemail crying about not wanting to see her birth father today. Broke. MY. Heart!  She left a jumbled mess of tears saying how she doesn't really want to see him today and could I please call her maw maw to let her know. She said she told her grandma and she said it didn't matter she has to see him.  My hands are pretty much tied with this, so now im just waiting for her to call me so I can talk to her.

My FFFC:

Gah! 

At least she's not rockin a mullet, like my friend ticket is.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My FFFC is work related again, because I'm boring and lame.

After being home all week last wee (sickness), two days of which I didn't have a child.  I completely slacked this week and barely did any real work.  I used work time to complete training/learning credits to maintain one of my accreditations.  The flame part.  I've had 2 years to complete 30 hours... and I did 15 hours of it this week alone.  After starting with only 6 hours about 3 weeks ago.  Oops. 

But it's done now and all I have to do now is call them to have them renew my account... and today is the last day I can do that or it expires and I have to re-take a test to reactivate!

• image Laurski81:
    image jfresh:
    I think that over a certain age [maybe 65?] people should be tested annually for their drivers license. Especially vision tests. Maybe this is a UO but its early so it's all I've got.

I agree. My grandfather has no business driving and he is almost 90. I am good friends with a cop in his town and told him about my grandfather. He said that people will call the station and inform them of people like this and they can pull them over and give them an on the spot test and take away their license if necessary. I told him that someone should definitely call on my grandfather. Well...this friend pulled him over about a month ago for me and took away his license. I feel kinda bad but he was going to kill someone if he continued driving.

We had to do the same thing with my grandfather... Several accidents, including one with a pregnant woman in the other car all were fine but it was just out of control. Painful but for everyone's safety.

• When I see Frankie playing quietly by himself I avoid him like the plague. It's like if he sees me come in the room he automatically goes into clingy baby mode, pick me up now, while standing up..dont do anything but hold me mom now, wah wah mode... so I go around him on purpose.

• image Laurski81:
    image jfresh:

I agree with this. Too many old people have no business being on the roads. I know in some states once you hit a certain age you have to take yearly tests. But my great grandma (in her 90's) went up on the curb when she was trying to park and they STILL passed her. It's crazy!

• My FFFC: My IL's are coming to babysit Riley for a few hours tomorrow during lunchtime. They've watched her several times for us over the past few months, for as long as 4 hours and always during mealtime. I've never provided food for them, besides fruit. They always say it's fine and tell me not to make something, but I totally think I'm a horrible person. To make it worse: I would definitely have a full on meal there to eat if my parents were watching her.
  • image jfresh:

I don't disagree. I know that in IN on e you are over the age of 75 you do have to pass a vision test for your license to be renewed but the renewal period isn't any shorter. Likely because of some stupid age discrimination lawsuit at some point in time. Stupid lawsuits.

I can never think of FFFCs....

• image leilei7369:
    Cajun my heart goes out to C and you. Its good her brothers are with her.My FFFC I've been reading trashy Nora Roberts books all week so H is getting it like everrrry night....nbsp;

I need to be reading these books! .....runs off to look for Kindle.....
    My FFFC is that it's been too long and I'm perfectly fine what that.
                           Birthday invitation photos out-take. She obviously wanted a bigger sombrero. 
  • I do not now, nor have I ever had a Facebook account. Surprise

Thomas 7|9|12                                       David 3|24|14

• My kid is fever free for the first time this week.  Normally I would just chill at home with her but we are going to a huge vintage car show today. I don't want to miss it since I couldn't go last week. And I'll probably double up my spans so I can get into a dress I want to wear.  Kind of feeling a bit selfish today and that she's along for the ride.

Also once in the fairgrounds people drive with their kids with no carseats often. Going about 2 mph because their are 10000 cars looking to park. We have a two seat 1959 corvette and until a few weeks ago I would have sat her on my lap like everyone else does for the 1 mile we would drive there in the grounds. Now you guys have me so freaked out I won't. ;-)

My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Anderson fell off my bed a few days ago. I lunged for him, but alas, he was already over the edge. He's fine. I cuddled him. Life goes on. 

My dogs are getting chunky from all the food Anderson feeds them. I can hear the vet now. Ugh. 

I found a sweet potato in Anderson's toy basket. Maybe he was keeping it for later. 

I'm super nervous about starting school in August. When I was going to school for my Bachelors I didn't work, lived on my own, had a long distance relationship and parental support. This new endeavor for my Masters seems scary-trying to be wife, mom, employee, etc.  

Our Little Man 

• image reinedecajun:
    When I see Frankie playing quietly by himself I avoid him like the plague. It's like if he sees me come in the room he automatically goes into clingy baby mode, pick me up now, while standing up..dont do anything but hold me mom now, wah wah mode... so I go around him on purpose.

I do this all the time!

My FFFC I am having a great time with swim lessons. We have today and then next week. I am already trying to find something for the kids between then and VBS that is the week of the 15th. I am also looking for a camp after where I can drop them off and have 23 hours to get things done. I miss school! Yup I'm one of those moms. We need things to do or we will go crazy.

• I hate when mothers on here, or IRL, or on FB speak in baby talk about their children.  How you talk to your children is up to you, but when speaking to adults cut that shiiit out. 

Ex: I have heard this a ton of times involving teeth.  Teethers, toothers, toofers, tootoobooboo teety toos.  They are effing teeth.  Your child has TEETH.  

• I hate mom blogs that are all super sweet and positive.  They're stupid.  I have a friend of a friend that has one called something like "Happily ever after".  She refers to her husband using a name of a super hero.  Everything is amazing and perfect.  I obviously LOVE my child.  But, this is hard!  And sometimes I miss my old life.  That's why I like you girls we can all talk about how great our kids are and also discuss when they are being little twatwaffles.  

I want to start a blog with some other girls on TB(hint hint they are plastics) called Sh*tty moms.  I wouldn't consider any of us bad moms at all, but we are real and mom's who have rainbows and sunshine coming out of their assses all day really piss me off.   

• I gave Dex a haircut in the bathtub last night.  Of course, he kept jerking around and I didn't want to cut him, so it turned out...interesting.  Just in time for his birthday pictures today.  At least it was mostly in the back, where it was getting long (DH told me the other day that I am hypersensitive to mullets since I kept claiming his hair was starting to look like a mullet....).

Where I was eating like shiit out in CA, I am now not really eating much at all.  I just don't have time with all of the party planning.  And we don't have a ton of groceries, but who has the time to get those! I make sure Dex is fed, and DH has had 'team week' at work all week, so they are feeding him breakfast, lunch and dinner.  At least I've lost the 5lbs I gained in CA.  Now to lose another 50....hmm...

image                            image
  • I have never mowed a lawn... With H being gone for the next week... I'm either going to have to learn how or be THAT neighbor. Such things are taken very seriously in my neighborhood...

• image lizwindersonRN:
    Anderson fell off my bed a few days ago. I lunged for him, but alas, he was already over the edge. He's fine. I cuddled him. Life goes on.nbsp;nbsp;My dogs are getting chunky from all the food Anderson feeds them. I can hear the vet now. Ugh.nbsp;nbsp;I found a sweet potato in Anderson's toy basket. Maybe he was keeping it for later.nbsp;nbsp;I'm super nervous about starting school in August. When I was going to school for my Bachelors I didn't work, lived on my own, had a long distance relationship and parental support. This new endeavor for my Masters seems scarytrying to be wife, mom, employee, etc.nbsp;nbsp;

Bahaha! I love the sweet potato thing. Too cute. I used to hide straight sugar in my room as a kid. No joke. Just a bag of sugar and a spoon. Just an FYI for the future!

• image reinedecajun:
    When I see Frankie playing quietly by himself I avoid him like the plague. It's like if he sees me come in the room he automatically goes into clingy baby mode, pick me up now, while standing up..dont do anything but hold me mom now, wah wah mode... so I go around him on purpose.

A IRL friend thought I was crazy because I told them I did this. Glad I'm not the only one who does it!
                                   Married my best friend August 12, 2011
                                             DD #1 born July 9th, 2012
                                           EDD with #2 April 16th, 2014