August 2011 Moms

FFFC

I was a complete parenting failure yesterday.

I barely got a decent nap in after work before DH had to go to work.  When Joey woke up it was one of those days where nothing was working.  Every single second involved him screaming, whining or clawing at me.  Nothing made him happy.  I couldn't stand it anymore.

I dealt with it by taking him to Target and buying him whatever he wanted.  Kid came home with two shirts, a new Elmo, 2 bags of dried fruit, a bag of goldfish, 2 bags of melts, toothpaste, an electric toothbrush and a sound machine.

I confess that I don't care that I took the easy way out.  He finally shut up and I got to drink my Icee in blessed silence in the car.  (After I stuck my bare hand in the top to take out the chewed on pieces of goldfish he spit into it and threw them on the ground in the parking lot.)  Oh yeah. I let him have half my Icee too.

DH asked how the day went and I told him and he gave me a look and I said "Yeah. I don't care.  Oh well."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• Good for you! Michaela was super whiny yesterday too.

imageimage
    imageimage

October 2013-Valentine's Day Fail
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• MMS88MMS88
    250 Answers 500 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its
    DS eats lucky charms almost every morning and by eating the cereal I mean the marshmellows. He does eat a banana too so I feel less guilty with him eating the cereal.
    Over a year of trying and 3 cycles of Clomid DS#1 arrived
    DC #2 on its way!

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My kid is starting to get up at 5:30 again and I just want to give her the silent treatment. I won't, but I'm just so damn irritated.
  • I had ice cream twice yesterday... But I did teach a spinning class, so maybe it's sort of kind of okay.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ds1 has a slight fever and I'm using it as an excuse not to do anything today even though he's probably fine

I've been so tired lately. We watch Dora and every time the grumpy old troll comes on I say: oh, there's mommy. I really need to stop because DS might really think I'm a troll.

• Nothing wrong with trying to survive, Kimbus.
  • I don't hate Kim Kardashian's name choice of "North." In fact, I like the name. Except, I think it was silly o fher to choose it given the baby's last name is West. Makes it seem like she thinks naming a child is a joke. The baby will be under enough scrutiny that she doesn't need her name to be a mockery. Although, with Hollywood's inflated egos little North might just love her name. I guess the confession is that I don't hate them name "North." I am seeing a LOT of hatred for it on FB. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
  • My kid has been watching TV since 830. I have to clean I have people coming to look at the apartment today. And I hadn't done my dishes in 3 days. Ewe I know.
    But house is clean and we are now cuddling on the couch watching the end of Tangled. Once that is done lunch than nap time
    imageimage
    imageimage

October 2013-Valentine's Day Fail
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

• I am beginning to come to the realization that I hate watching someone else's kid more than full-time.  I watch a 4 year old boy from 8am-6pm M-F.  On more than one occasion she will drop him off whenever she feels like it.  Yesterday was 7:40am; today, she's still not here.  WTF, lady...  I am a SAHM, I'm not here to be at your beckon call.  We have plans!! 

Today, I'd like to take all 3 of the boys to see Monsters University.  I can't.  Little boy's godmother wants to take him, but hasn't had a chance yet.  So, I don't get to take my kids.

She also hasn't paid me (she's a week late today).  Who the hell knows why...

I don't EVEN care that I told her we were moving in a text...  while she was on vacation in Disneyland.  She came back on Thursday to find the For Sale sign in our yard.   

Ugh...  this whole situation makes me bitter. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • S-TunaS-Tuna
    Fourth Anniversary

J&K, I can relate. It's hard to take care of someone else's kid! I would be most annoyed with the non-payment and lack of communication on drop-off time. Those would make me feel like she clearly doesn't value your time or efforts with/for her child. Grrrr!

I yelled at my nanny kids today for arguing and yelling at each other. My voice was way too loud, and now I feel bad that I lost control. I apologized for yelling and then made them read separately for 40 minutes. They cooled down, and so did I. Probably not flameful, but I feel bad about it.

My anxiety has been high for months, and I still haven't done anything about it. I have seen a counselor before for various issues, and I think it's time to go back. But honestly I just don't have the time and so far I'm surviving alright. Well, mostly alright. 

I stopped feeding the fish last week, and DH started feeding it. I told him I'm done with the fish. He can feed it and clean the tank or I'll just go ahead and kill it. So far, he is feeding it. I'm both bummed and impressed lol.

• image MMS88:
    DS eats lucky charms almost every morning and by eating the cereal I mean the marshmellows. He does eat a banana too so I feel less guilty with him eating the cereal.

These literally turn Stella into an animal... She can't handle it! But she does okay with regular marshmallows.

My confession: I ate cookie dough, a handful of goldfish, and a glass of water for lunch.

I suggested to DH this morning that we should have another child "so I don't have to have periods again for awhile".

F AF.

image photo wereallmad_zps579d81c0.jpg
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers        Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • image 5953fpp:
    Ds1 has a slight fever and I'm using it as an excuse not to do anything today even though he's probably fine I've been so tired lately. We watch Dora and every time the grumpy old troll comes on I say: oh, there's mommy. I really need to stop because DS might really think I'm a troll.

This made me laugh so hard, I've been telling M that mommy is the grumpy old troll for the last two months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am not good with the newborn stage, at least with my own kids. I know I'll miss the tiny baby days when she is older, but I'm already looking forward to DD being 6-ish months.

• image JaysonandKristin:

I don't EVEN care that I told her we were moving in a text...  while she was on vacation in Disneyland.  She came back on Thursday to find the For Sale sign in our yard.   

This seems justified given what you just described.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image S-Tuna:

My anxiety has been high for months, and I still haven't done anything about it. I have seen a counselor before for various issues, and I think it's time to go back. But honestly I just don't have the time and so far I'm surviving alright. Well, mostly alright. 

I'm sorry. I can relate.  My anxiety has gone back into hyperdrive since I went off the pill, after having it under control for a year or so.  It took me like 8 months and a lot of therapy to get it under control last time.  And I broke up with my therapist and am too lazy to go thought the crapfest of finding a new one I like. So I'm back to sitting at work all night picturing all of the terrible things that could be happening to my child while I'm not with him, creating mental emergency plans for if my car falls off the bridge while I'm driving, being convinced DH is dead when he's 5 minutes late etc. If you ever need to talk, you know where I am!

• image StellaMakes3:
    I suggested to DH this morning that we should have another child "so I don't have to have periods again for awhile". F AF.

I look forward to this aspect of being pregnant again with as much joy as I look forward to feeling little baby movements.  No lie.

• S-TunaS-Tuna
    Fourth Anniversary
    image Kimbus22:
    image S-Tuna:

I'm sorry. I can relate.  My anxiety has gone back into hyperdrive since I went off the pill, after having it under control for a year or so.  It took me like 8 months and a lot of therapy to get it under control last time.  And I broke up with my therapist and am too lazy to go thought the crapfest of finding a new one I like. So I'm back to sitting at work all night picturing all of the terrible things that could be happening to my child while I'm not with him, creating mental emergency plans for if my car falls off the bridge while I'm driving, being convinced DH is dead when he's 5 minutes late etc. If you ever need to talk, you know where I am!

Thanks, girl. 

• I'll piggyback on ladybug's confession...

I'm stressing about the stupidest things like I'm a FTM, and it's making me feel like such an idiot. I mean, I KNOW that newborns are noisy sleepers with erratic breathing patterns. So why am I hovering over the bassinet at 4am?? I just want her to be a little older, so I can relax a little bit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image ladybugpjb:
    I am not good with the newborn stage, at least with my own kids. I know I'll miss the tiny baby days when she is older, but I'm already looking forward to DD being 6ish months.

I feel the exact same way. This makes me sad because I WANT to enjoy the newborn stage and I know I will be sad that I didn't but I just cannot help it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic