July 2012 Moms

The one thing that always gets you

Mine is car seat safety. A friend just posted a fb pic of her 5 month old forward facing!? And this weekend we saw a rear facing infant seat in the front seat of a pick up with a baby in it. It just grinds my gears! What pisses you off no matter what?

"They can never have yesterday"

Re: The one thing that always gets you

• baby related or everyday people pissing you off? I need you to answer this before I go on rants and stand on a soap box.

5 months is ridiculous.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image megs52881:
    baby related or everyday people pissing you off? I need you to answer this before I go on rants and stand on a soap box.5 months is ridiculous. nbsp;

Either. I am usually pretty mellow and if it isn't horribly illegal or harming to others or aanimals I could give two sh its about it. The one thing in life that ALWAYS makes you want to cut someone for doing?

• image andreab7412:
    image megs52881:
    baby related or everyday people pissing you off? I need you to answer this before I go on rants and stand on a soap box.5 months is ridiculous. nbsp;

Either. I am usually pretty mellow and if it isn't horribly illegal or harming to others or aanimals I could give two sh its about it. The one thing in life that ALWAYS makes you want to cut someone for doing?

When I hear someone say "can I axe you a question" or any sentence in which axe is used in place if ask. A S K. It's easy.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hijoihijoi
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Kids in strollers whose feet are dragging on the ground or knees are next to their ears.

NBR: jackholes that drive all the way up to the lane closed sign and then expect you to let them into traffic. I flucking hate that with every fiber of my being. I got over, why the hell can't you?

Lilypie - (fq73)

Lilypie - (OfID)

• People who don't hold doors open for you or who don't say "Thank you" When you hold it open for them.  I of course have to scream "You're welcome!" Really loud.
  • image megs52881:
    People who don't hold doors open for you or who don't say "Thank you" When you hold it open for them. nbsp;I of course have to scream "You're welcome!" Really loud.

People who don't wave thanks when you let them over or let them turn, etc.
    imageimage
  • Newborns in umbrella strollers. I saw one again at the mall last weekend. My sister got a little embarrassed because I very obviously and visibly made this face with my mouth open, followed by a dirty look...

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image hijoi:
    NBR: jackholes that drive all the way up to the lane closed sign and then expect you to let them into traffic. I flucking hate that with every fiber of my being. I got over, why the hell can't you?

OMFG. That drives me insane... like just reading you writing about it is making me twitchy.  AHHH. Hate when people do that.

photo MeganOneYearBW-4148_zps14b6141f.jpg
    SAHM to baby M - July 2012 baby born in late June
    Baby #2 Due May 20134  Oops. Typo.
  • People who let their dogs roam off leash when they don't live in the middle of nowhere. Especially when they have small dogs that run up to and bark at my bigger, leashed dogs and act like it's no big deal and even cute.
  • People who think they don't have to follow the rules. I'm thinking of this one dad at work who consistently picks his kid up 10 minutes after we close every single day. Then he comes in and uses the restroom, takes the kid to the restroom, wanders back to her class to check her cubby, gets her a cup of water... Really dude?!? It's now 25 minutes after closing time. Get the frack out.
                           Birthday invitation photos out-take. She obviously wanted a bigger sombrero. 
  • hijoihijoi
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    image BethAndBen:
    People who think they don't have to follow the rules. I'm thinking of this one dad at work who consistently picks his kid up 10 minutes after we close every single day. Then he comes in and uses the restroom, takes the kid to the restroom, wanders back to her class to check her cubby, gets her a cup of water... Really dude?!? It's now 25 minutes after closing time. Get the frack out.

No late fees? That SUCKS!

Lilypie - (fq73)

Lilypie - (OfID)

• Anyone who chooses not to vaccinate their kids for baloney reasons.
  • #1- People who balance the car seat on the shopping cart.

#2- Preschool graduations.  A friend in my FB feed posted 100 photos of her kid's preschool graduation, but says its not really a graduation since he has 1 more yr of preschool.  Um, its not a real graduation anyway, its completely ridic, and he has 1 more year so the entire event was stupid & pointless.  And now its all over my feed.

#3- Idiots.  (See #1 & 2).

imageimageimage
    photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Clomidx2, Femara, IUI's = BFNs

Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    HB 160 @8w; 163 @12w; 155 @16w; 145 @20-21w
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• image ThePinkSuperhero:
    Anyone who chooses not to vaccinate their kids for baloney reasons.

YES.  Thank you.

Also, people who leave their kids or animals in a hot car.  How can people still do this?!

imageimageimage
    photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Clomidx2, Femara, IUI's = BFNs

Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    HB 160 @8w; 163 @12w; 155 @16w; 145 @20-21w
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• image nesenotes:
    Newborns in umbrella strollers. I saw one again at the mall last weekend. My sister got a little embarrassed because I very obviously and visibly made this face with my mouth open, followed by a dirty look...

I do this often when I'm with my mom. She always tries to give the person the benefit of the doubt but then I'm all "no mom, just no".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image cwm11985:
    image megs52881:
    People who don't hold doors open for you or who don't say "Thank you" When you hold it open for them. nbsp;I of course have to scream "You're welcome!" Really loud.
    People who don't wave thanks when you let them over or let them turn, etc.

Yessss!

And people who go out of turn at 4 way stops. I will follow your assss just to give you a nasty look. 

• image jfresh:
    image nesenotes:
    Newborns in umbrella strollers. I saw one again at the mall last weekend. My sister got a little embarrassed because I very obviously and visibly made this face with my mouth open, followed by a dirty look...
    I do this often when I'm with my mom. She always tries to give the person the benefit of the doubt but then I'm all "no mom, just no".

YES!  Me too.  If the baby can't hold their head up properly, or sit up on their own they should not be in some $10 umbrella stroller with zero support system or harness.  I saw a baby this weekend all slumped over in one of those cheapo strollers and I wanted to say something, but gave the same look Nese.

I also agree with the car seat safety, including leaving babies in hot cars (asssholes), and general idiocracy.

• image BethAndBen:
    People who think they don't have to follow the rules. I'm thinking of this one dad at work who consistently picks his kid up 10 minutes after we close every single day. Then he comes in and uses the restroom, takes the kid to the restroom, wanders back to her class to check her cubby, gets her a cup of water... Really dude?!? It's now 25 minutes after closing time. Get the frack out.

I had a parent just like this when I taught preschool, in Alabama coincidently, and it annoyed the crapp out of me. 

I can't stand when a child is old enough to walk and talk but you can't understand what they are saying bc they have a pacifier in their mouth. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The one general thing that annoys the hell out of me (and it's REALLY general) is people not being aware of their surroundings when they're in public. I work in the mall, so I have to navigate through people to get lunch and back,etc on a daily basis. I get so annoyed when people are wandering around with no indication they  have any idea where they're going, walking all slow and diagonal and in my way. Get a clue, figure out where you're going and MOVE.

• Seeing older children smooshed into tiny umbrella strollers and parents smoking around children. Not that it matters but I totally side eye people who smoke in cars with children. ARGHHHH....
    imageimage

• image hijoi:

This is mine, too. I love it when someone straddles the line to prevent people from cutting to the front.

• Im with MM on the school graduation thing. I mean does EVERY grade require a graduation? You passed great move on now and finish high school then we can celebrate.

My middle son brought home a form for 8th grade graduation rings! 8th grade graduation rings, people! Indifferent

I also dislike grocery baggers that are like 12 and throw everything into the same friggin bag. Thank you I didn't realize my bread paired so well with this gigantic jar of spaghetti sauce you just threw on top of it. 

• These are all so annoying! If we all feel these things are not acceptable why do so many jackholes do them?!

• image kitchencolors:

image hijoi:

OMFG. That drives me insane... like just reading you writing about it is making me twitchy.  AHHH. Hate when people do that.

ME TOOO!!!!!  Last night a jackhole waited till the last minute to merge and wound up squeezing in right on my bumper.  It was rush hour and the traffic was getting heavy and I had to slow down a bit when the car ahead of me slowed.  This a$$muncher was following so close to me that he had to slam on his brakes and swerved off the road and hit a sign.  Surprise  I didn't feel a bit sorry for him - jerk had it coming for waiting till the last minute to merge and then tailgaiting me!!

• image BethAndBen:

This made me think of mine, people who expect you to close or open early because thats the only time they could come in. I'm sorry but I stop getting paid at 7pm. I usually stay until 8pm because I have to get caught up. I'm not adding anything else to my work load after closing! The same with opening early, I'm back there 15 min early to get set up for the day, that's why the lights are off. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • So late to the game!

I agree on the vaccination thing. I get so worked up with it that I can't hold back sometimes. Grrrrrrr!

BabyFruit Ticker

• People who bail All. The. Damn. Time. It's so frustrating because we have a loose group of 12 of us that meet every week. We usually plan our activity no less than give days in advance. One person usually bails two days before. Then slowly but surly everyone bails. What gets me is I'm on my way to said activity and I find out I'm the only one! Ugh. Makes me want to stop even trying but we are all moms so I guess I should get over it.
                                   Married my best friend August 12, 2011
                                             DD #1 born July 9th, 2012
                                           EDD with #2 April 16th, 2014
  • image kitchencolors:

image hijoi:

Me too. Also, when in bumper to bumper traffic, the people who cut over into the exit lane to cut in front of traffic even though they aren't exiting. Or even worse, the people who drive up the shoulder. I seriously start boiling in the car when I see it happen.

• image thumper11:
    People who bail All. The. Damn. Time. It's so frustrating because we have a loose group of 12 of us that meet every week. We usually plan our activity no less than give days in advance. One person usually bails two days before. Then slowly but surly everyone bails. What gets me is I'm on my way to said activity and I find out I'm the only one! Ugh. Makes me want to stop even trying but we are all moms so I guess I should get over it.

I have "friends" like this. Make plans for up to a month in advance and suddenly someone comes down with bubonic plague or suddenly needs a arm amputated. After a while i'll just quit making plans with those people. 

• I hate when you are some place like a convenience store with multiple registers or a self checkout area with multiple stands and there is clearly one main waiting line feeding all of the registers. But someone is either oblivious to the long line or just doesn't care so they bypass the long line and go directly to one of the registers. They see no one waiting at THAT register and the rest of us are just idiots who appear to be waiting in line for the register they are closest to.