So a few months ago my keyless remote entry quit working. Without going into detail It caused other problems and when I called the dealer their only 2 options would cost me over $100. Replacing the batteries didn't work.
Yesterday, I decided to try again. While looking around the internet I stumbled across the fact that when you change batteries you have to reprogram the remote (nobody told me this). I found instructions that consisted of turning the car into accessory mode, taking back the left panel of my trunk, finding a connector that isn't plugged into anything, sticking a paperclip between the two wires in the connector to short it, hitting a button on my keypad, then turning the car off. Now I have a car that I can actually lock and it cost me $0.