February 2013 Moms

A post in which we laugh at our fails

Because I think, sometimes, it's too easy to feel like we are the only mom who cocks up, let's all commiserate and realize that no mother is perfect.  Tell us the dumb, silly, or clumsy thing you did this week that makes you a great-but-imperfect mother.  We'll all feel better knowing that we aren't the only mom who bumps her baby's head on the door frame.
Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

Re: A post in which we laugh at our fails

• I took DS to Target today and had him facing forward in his carrier. I stopped to talk to a woman I knew and she says to me, "Ummm, do you know that your son spit up all down the front of the carrier?" I did not. Mommy fail.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am forever scratching DD with my ring, nails, you name it. I stopped wearing my engagement ring after I gave her a big scratch on her head. Poor girl.
  • My Lo's nails grow so fast and he always scratches his poor face before I can get them cut Sad

• image MonicaMerkel:
    My Lo's nails grow so fast and he always scratches his poor face before I can get them cut Sad

I am totally guilty of that.

Yesterday DS had a rather forceful poop and some of it crept out through the leg gusset of his diaper.  Well, I changed his diaper and got him cleaned up and I didn't see any poop on his onesie....until like two hours later.  Then I saw it.  Oops.  It was only a tiny bit but yeah, my kid had poop on his clothes for two hours and I didn't realize it. 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• image DC2London:

Yesterday DS had a rather forceful poop and some of it crept out through the leg gusset of his diaper.  Well, I changed his diaper and got him cleaned up and I didn't see any poop on his onesie....until like two hours later.  Then I saw it.  Oops.  It was only a tiny bit but yeah, my kid had poop on his clothes for two hours and I didn't realize it. 

I have a similar one.
    Yesterday, baby peed in the middle of a diaper change. I THOUGHT the old diaper caught it all before I put on a fresh one so I picked her up and fed her. Only after I put her down after feeding I felt a cold spot on my leg. She had a huge pee spot on the back of her onesie and I got it transferred to my pant leg lol....
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Today I took DS to the park to meet a friend and her girls. He wanted to eat and I got out all the materials to make a bottle, including the small canister of formula I keep in the diaper bag. DS was in his car seat and I was making the bottle kneeling over him and dropped the canister and formula powder went all over him and and the car seat. It's a good thing there was still some left in the can to make a bottle!
    View Full Size Imageimage

• I do so many goofy, clumsy things, I think I "forget" about most of them almost immediately. Y'all already know about my grocery cart snafu Wink

He's been pooping so much lately that I've found myself trying to get him down for a nap in a slightly dirty diaper without realizing it at first. I feel bad, and also kinda dumb - no wonder he won't go to sleep. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep in poopy pants, either! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am also guilty of having DS spit-up while front facing in the carrier without me knowing, and I am also guilty of not getting to his nails quick enough before he claws himself! I am sure there are more original ones too! :P

Oh I know! Speaking of finger nails, once when he was trying to hold the bottle but flinging it up over his face (he's a strong little guy) I caught it but also got him with my nail on his forehead. It left a big mark and I made him bleed a little. I felt so bad but then I thought - well he does it enough to himself! Awful mommy!!! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I accidentally gave DD 20ml of spoiled BM. That was two days ago and she had no ill effects from what I can tell. Glad I realized it was stinky before I gave her the whole bottle!
  • I usually hear DD waking up in the monitor at night before she even starts to cry. However, last night I must have been totally exhausted, because she apparently woke up at 4:30 (her normal time to eat) and I never heard her cry. DH heard her when he got up to go to the bathroom, and thought I had already fed her and was ignoring her because she wouldn't go back to sleep (?? I never just let her cry in the middle of the night!). He went in to put the pacifier back in her mouth and she went back to sleep, so I guess she wasn't really that hungry, but I still felt bad for not hearing her!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14- Team Blue! 

• DH decided to buy Huggies diapers instead of Pampers because they were cheaper.  I was all bent out of shape about it because we've had so few diaper problems and I didn't want to tempt fate. 

The first time I put one on LO, it leaked something terrible.  LO was soaked, and I was completely irritated...until I realized I had put it on backwards.  Duh.

They have worked great ever since.  :-)

• I still cringe at this one...i wanted to take DD to the park by our house and put her in the baby swings. We go and I put her in and its so adorable I have to take a picture. As I step back I get a few cute pictures. I review to make sure i like it and DD tips forward (she didnt fall out or anything) but had a little mark on her eye for a couple hours. I was so sad because she got scared of course and i felt like i ruined her first time at the park! FAIL! I picked her up and we sat on the big kid swing together and she seemed to like it alright. Ill wait for another month before putting her back in. 
  • This was a few months ago, but it was an epic fail. More because of my 2 year old, than the baby...but still...

http://lifeimperfected.blogspot.com/2013/04/momproblems.html

imageimageimage
  • Since this is my second I'm so much more chill about stuff, too a point where I'm almost too chill. I've stopped bothering to bring my cover to nurse, so I don't even think about bringing the diaper bag. 

Until I get somewhere and realized that both my kids have pooped and I have no diapers.

Several trips to Walgreen's have been made in this exact situation.  

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    ~Mary Anne Radmacher

image image
    Eleanor Faye- 24 January 2013
    Nathan Malcolm- 07 April 2011

• One night DS was fussing in his cradle (this was a few weeks ago, pre-crib).  I knew that he'd just been fed and changed, so I let him fuss for a while.  Finally I got up to see what the problem was, and his pee diaper had leaked everywhere.  No wonder he was fussing - his sheet, blanket and skin were all freezing cold!

• image Runaway22:

I do so many goofy, clumsy things, I think I "forget" about most of them almost immediately. Y'all already know about my grocery cart snafu Wink

He's been pooping so much lately that I've found myself trying to get him down for a nap in a slightly dirty diaper without realizing it at first. I feel bad, and also kinda dumb - no wonder he won't go to sleep. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep in poopy pants, either! 

I did that to DS several times this week.  I am so used to dd telling me she has a wet diaper, I think I sometimes forget DS can't.

And DS currently has a huge scratch on his butt from my cast.

And last night I almost dropped him. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • This will definitely get DC2London's goat: 

I have put DS in his car seat while out somewhere to get him down for his nap. And while I had him buckled in and the straps tightened, they were definitely not road safety tight. I put him in the car without tightening the strap and drove... Twice in one week. Face palm.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers