October 2011 Moms

UO/Judgments anyone?

I judge cashiers at Target who don't know how to pack groceries.  I don't care if you're barely 16 and this is your first job ever, you should know that a bag of apples don't get tossed on top of a loaf of bread.  And you should know that I don't want half my bags stuffed so full that even DH has a tough time lifting them, while the other half of the bags have two items like a toothbrush and a tank top in them. 

/rant

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO/Judgments anyone?

• Everyone should take lessons from the Trader Joes cashiers-they are grocery packing geniuses! The lady yesterday was packing my yogurts in a plastic bag meant to hold flowers, 4 to a bag with the tops touching so that they don't fall out and crack. My paper bags looked like a masterpiece as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image SuperDeDuper:

I judge cashiers at Target who don't know how to pack groceries.  I don't care if you're barely 16 and this is your first job ever, you should know that a bag of apples don't get tossed on top of a loaf of bread.  And you should know that I don't want half my bags stuffed so full that even DH has a tough time lifting them, while the other half of the bags have two items like a toothbrush and a tank top in them. 

/rant

YESSSS!

Bananas on my ice cream!

With groceries, I just tell cashiers that I'm super picky and if they do not mind I'll bag it myself.  Unless I'm at Byerlys/Lunds they train them how to properly bag. Big Smile  My store has the national best bagger winner for 2012!

MY UO

I hate it when people do not put prices on stuff at their garage sales.  Instead they tell you to make an offer.  I think they are lazy and I just leave.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • image nycbride0707:
    Everyone should take lessons from the Trader Joes cashiers-they are grocery packing geniuses! The lady yesterday was packing my yogurts in a plastic bag meant to hold flowers, 4 to a bag with the tops touching so that they don't fall out and crack. My paper bags looked like a masterpiece as well!

This reminds me that I need to go to Trader Joes soon.  I don't go often, but I like to stop in every month or so to grab a few things.  I'll be sure to appreciate their bagging skills while I'm there.  Smile

• image pennysuedog:
    YESSSS!

Bananas on my ice cream!

With groceries, I just tell cashiers that I'm super picky and if they do not mind I'll bag it myself.  Unless I'm at Byerlys/Lunds they train them how to properly bag. Big Smile  My store has the national best bagger winner for 2012!

MY UO

I hate it when people do not put prices on stuff at their garage sales.  Instead they tell you to make an offer.  I think they are lazy and I just leave.

I hope the national best bagger got a badass trophey for that. 

And yes to your garage sale UO!  I hate when things aren't priced.  Even worse though...the woman who thinks her collection of mismatched tupperware without any lids is worth $40.  Um...no. 

• I don't like Katie Couric.

There's something about her style of delivery that seems so... Fake? Condescending?  I can't put my finger on it, but I can't watch her.

• I judge my ILs on how they spend their money. It always seems to be something about how they need to be careful with money or how gas is so expensive, so they can't come visit us. But then they buy a new 3D tv or $1000 vacuum cleaner. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image SuperDeDuper:
    I don't like Katie Couric.There's something about her style of delivery that seems so... Fake? Condescending?nbsp; I can't put my finger on it, but I can't watch her.

Me neither! Her "I'm so cute" attitude really bugs me! I have never watched her afternoon show.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image SuperDeDuper:

/rant

I usually just bag myself because I can take inefficient bagging. I usually put all the frozen on the belt first with an insulated bag, then the refrigerated with an insulated bag and then boxes and heavy stuff and then the light small items. My last bagger reached over all the insulated bags to grab a regular bag and then started picking and choosing random items to put together. I took over for him.

• image morsey2011:
    I judge my ILs on how they spend their money. It always seems to be something about how they need to be careful with money or how gas is so expensive, so they can't come visit us. But then they buy a new 3D tv or $1000 vacuum cleaner. 

So annoying.

I have friends like this. We're planning an overnight stagette right now, and some of the girls want to cram 4 to a room and share beds "to keep costs down" but are spending upwards of $500 on overpriced spa treatments. All of the girls have well-paying jobs, drive nice vehicles, etc. I'm an adult and soon-to-be mother of two, not a 12 year old at a slumber party. I want my own freaking bed.

• image Woodsie:

image morsey2011:
    I judge my ILs on how they spend their money. It always seems to be something about how they need to be careful with money or how gas is so expensive, so they can't come visit us. But then they buy a new 3D tv or $1000 vacuum cleaner. 

So annoying.

I have friends like this. We're planning an overnight stagette right now, and some of the girls want to cram 4 to a room and share beds "to keep costs down" but are spending upwards of $500 on overpriced spa treatments. All of the girls have well-paying jobs, drive nice vehicles, etc. I'm an adult and soon-to-be mother of two, not a 12 year old at a slumber party. I want my own freaking bed.

That would be so annoying. I know I'm not perfect with money, but I would much rather have my own bed, than spend $500 on overpriced spa treatments. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jwls84jwls84
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    image Woodsie:

image morsey2011:

So annoying.

I know a few ppl like this! Drives me crazy, get your priorities straight and if your priorities are 3D TV's and eating out every night great! Just don't biitch about it later!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I judge people who don't know and/or don't abide by proper elevator etiquette.

Ladies first, the person closest to the door gets off first. Everyone who is getting off gets off before new people come in. If the elevator is crammed and then empties out such that you are standing right beside someone, move the eff over. Don't take the elevator up one floor in a 30+ storey building, especially during "rush hour". If you are wearing a backpack, take it off and put it at your feet. Face the freaking elevator door when it's crowded (I'm 5'7" and wearing high heels today, and this old lady faced me in a crammed elevator so that she was practically motorboating me).

• image SuperDeDuper:
    image pennysuedog:
    YESSSS!

Bananas on my ice cream!

MY UO

I hope the national best bagger got a badass trophey for that. 

And yes to your garage sale UO!  I hate when things aren't priced.  Even worse though...the woman who thinks her collection of mismatched tupperware without any lids is worth $40.  Um...no. 

Ok, I lied he got 2nd place...I inquired, he scored 5k though. 

• image Woodsie:
    I judge people who don't know and/or don't abide by proper elevator etiquette.
    Ladies first, the person closest to the door gets off first. Everyone who is getting off gets off before new people come in. If the elevator is crammed and then empties out such that you are standing right beside someone, move the eff over. Don't take the elevator up one floor in a 30 storey building, especially during "rush hour". If you are wearing a backpack, take it off and put it at your feet.nbsp;Face the freaking elevator door when it's crowded I'm 5'7" and wearing high heels today, and this old lady faced me in a crammed elevator so that she was practically motorboating me.

Honest to goodness, I had no idea there are such known elevator rules. I'm rarely on elevators, because they aren't too common round these here parts.

Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• rous27rous27
    Third Anniversary
    I'm judging DH for owning 80 plus video games and hasn't played any of them yet. He continues to buy games and the stack is ever growing. He buys most of them on sale, but I can't help but to add up the amount he has spent. I have talked to him with no luck of this habit changing. I have hobbies that cost money, such as knitting and sewing, and I have a small stash, but not at the amount he has. Why do people need so much stuff?
  • I judge people who do not know how to use their FB privacy settings. I teach a class on this so I'm particularly picky about this, but I had a co-worker tell me once that he won't add some of the people in our network because he didn't want them to see his photos and status updates. He denies their request and suggests Linked In as an alternative. Really? To me this is basically saying, "Although you seem to consider me a friend I simply do not feel the same way about you. Sorry!" It's his prerogative to do this, but it's unnecessary. I'm the state's rep for all of LA County. I have a ton of people with whom I I have to communicate regularly. Some of them have send friend requests on Facebook. The key is to put people in their proper "bucket" when you add them. I have "friends" on Facebook who have never seen a status update and only think I have a few photos up. I always say they must think I'm the most boring person ever. But you control who sees what and when!

That being said I don't have my settings perfect, and I'm sure I'm vulnerable in some way, but I don't get refusing to add people because you don't want them to see all of your status updates.  

• image amyc216:
    image SuperDeDuper:
    I don't like Katie Couric.There's something about her style of delivery that seems so... Fake? Condescending?nbsp; I can't put my finger on it, but I can't watch her.
    Me neither! Her "I'm so cute" attitude really bugs me! I have never watched her afternoon show.

It's the way she smile while saying something incredibly bitchy that bugs me.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Woodsie:

Ladies first, the person closest to the door gets off first. Everyone who is getting off gets off before new people come in. If the elevator is crammed and then empties out such that you are standing right beside someone, move the eff over. Don't take the elevator up one floor in a 30+ storey building, especially during "rush hour". If you are wearing a backpack, take it off and put it at your feet. Face the freaking elevator door when it's crowded (I'm 5'7" and wearing high heels today, and this old lady faced me in a crammed elevator so that she was practically motorboating me).

You forgot get in push your button and move to the back of the elevator. Don't get on first and stand right in front of the buttons so no one else can push them without awkwardly reaching around you. Also, if you are in the middle of a conversation with someone when you get to your floor, call them later or ask them to step off with you. Don't hold the door while you finish talking.

• image mamaZbo:
    image Woodsie:

You forgot get in push your button and move to the back of the elevator. Don't get on first and stand right in front of the buttons so no one else can push them without awkwardly reaching around you. Also, if you are in the middle of a conversation with someone when you get to your floor, call them later or ask them to step off with you. Don't hold the door while you finish talking.

YES!

And Missy, I am just judging the people who work in a large building downtown and ride a crowded elevator daily.

• image missyishere:
    image Woodsie:
    I judge people who don't know and/or don't abide by proper elevator etiquette. Ladies first, the person closest to the door gets off first. Everyone who is getting off gets off before new people come in. If the elevator is crammed and then empties out such that you are standing right beside someone, move the eff over. Don't take the elevator up one floor in a 30 storey building, especially during "rush hour". If you are wearing a backpack, take it off and put it at your feet.nbsp;Face the freaking elevator door when it's crowded I'm 5'7" and wearing high heels today, and this old lady faced me in a crammed elevator so that she was practically motorboating me.
    Honest to goodness, I had no idea there are such known elevator rules. I'm rarely on elevators, because they aren't too common round these here parts.

My friend's niece came to visit from Tennessee and her kids had never been on an escalator! WHAT?!

• image SuperDeDuper:

^^Where Missy lives.

You know why I like living here?  Aside from the fact I don't have a choice... I'm one of the most awesome people in this town.  And there's a private college two blocks away that has Crystal's name on it.  

Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Andplusalso, don't fart in elevators. 
  • And if you are exiting the elevator first and end up taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get yourself and all your stuff out, FFS hold the door.  I do not appreciate having to dive out after you in hopes that I can catch the doors before they close to the point that I am no longer willing to stick my arm in between.

(<-- Irrational fear of having a limb caught in the elevator doors and subsequently ripped off)

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    TTC #2 since July 2013
    BFP #2: 10/12/13 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6 wks