Cloth Diapering

And people say cloth is gross!?

I just read a post about what people (who use disposables) use for a diaper pail to control the stink.  People talked about how often they take out the trash to control the smell and how the garage can get stinky before garbage day!  Yuck!  Not to mention how I cringe to read how many people use Diaper Genies. Isn't that just wrapping disposable diapers in layers of more plastic?  What will future generations think of our stupid environmentally unfriendly society? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: And people say cloth is gross!?

• A friend on fb is going to start cd.  They burn their trash and diapers apparently don't burn. Why would you even consider that????
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imageblondolphn:
    A friend on fb is going to start cd.  They burn their trash and diapers apparently don't burn. Why would you even consider that????

I really don't know, but I'm guessing burning them isn't any better for the environment than a landfill.  But wow, I didn't know they wouldn't burn! :/

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsveinotte:
    my gf who always says cloth is gross cause you have to touch poo I'm not sure why she thinks using cloth means touching poo all the timenbsp;her son always has blowouts everywhere, the poo gets everywhere seriously. nbsp;I think that is beyond gross that every week she's scrubbing poop off thingsnbsp;nbsp;disposables smell funny without poop/pee in them nbsp;

I hate when people use the poop excuse. If they read the disposabe bags it clearly says even with disposables you need to dump the poop into the tolite. I really hope some day soon the government actually starts enforcing this.
  • imageGismo123:
    imageMrsveinotte:
    my gf who always says cloth is gross cause you have to touch poo I'm not sure why she thinks using cloth means touching poo all the timenbsp;her son always has blowouts everywhere, the poo gets everywhere seriously. nbsp;I think that is beyond gross that every week she's scrubbing poop off thingsnbsp;nbsp;disposables smell funny without poop/pee in them nbsp;
    I hate when people use the poop excuse. If they read the disposabe bags it clearly says even with disposables you need to dump the poop into the tolite. I really hope some day soon the government actually starts enforcing this.

Now I have to go look at a sposie bag.  Seriously, you kind of blew my mind a little.  I don't know a single person who uses sposies that dumps the poop first.  Not one.  When I used sposies, I didn't either.  It just never occured to me to do it.  Hmmm.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • imageMrsveinotte:

my gf who always says cloth is gross cause you have to touch poo (I'm not sure why she thinks using cloth means touching poo all the time) 

her son always has blowouts everywhere, the poo gets everywhere seriously.  

I think that is beyond gross that every week she's scrubbing poop off things 

disposables smell funny without poop/pee in them  

I couldn't agree more! I bought a package of sposies a few weeks ago when we gave DS some medicine, and honestly, the perfume on the sposies made me gag!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• imageMrsveinotte:

my gf who always says cloth is gross cause you have to touch poo (I'm not sure why she thinks using cloth means touching poo all the time) 

Wait, are you telling me that I'm doing it wrong when I scrape her poop out of her diaper using my fingers?

Man, the more you know. image

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • imageMrsveinotte:

This. I hate the way that sposies smell. And poo blowouts is waaaaayyyy more gross than anything related to cloth diapers. I cannot imagine having to clean poo off of LO's outfits, carseat, etc a few times a week. Nasty.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGismo123:
    imageMrsveinotte:

The phrase going through my head right now, even as I read all the other posts, is "POOP POLICE".  lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Agreed, daycare won't use cloth and while LO was EBF we had poop explosions several times a week. I'm glad they got to deal with the poop that surrounded him at the time, but I didn't love dealing with the poopy clothing I got back. At least since we already did cloth at home, we had a routine for dealing with poop on cloth, but somehow poop on clothing is way ickier to deal with than poop on a cloth diaper (to me at least).
  • imageSecretAgentKate:
    I just got up to look at the bag of sposies in our closet because while I'd heard you were supposed to knock the poop into the toilet I didn't know it was written on the bag.  Sure enough, it was.  It also said it will burn if exposed to flame so keep your baby away from fire--haha.  So why you friend's diapers won't burn is a mystery, but the fact that they have to write on the bag for parents to keep their babies away from fire makes me shake my head a bit.

Warnings like this on products make me wonder what idiot did something so horribly stupid to provoke the lawsuit that required the company to use this warning label? Similar to the hotel hair dryer warning label I saw that warned against using while sleeping....

I agree on sposies being more disgusting, I can't even get into it because I start ranting...in short; I hate them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My DH works at Wegmans corporate office and there is a warehouse on site.  He says the diapers must be under the fire sprinklers at all times because they are highly flammable.  Kinda crazy huh?

I honestly think changing a sposie poop diaper is far worse than a cloth one. Especially if there is a blow out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • What I think is gross is how sposies swell. Someone left one on the ground of the grocery store parking lot, it had swelled so much it exploded and there were gel beads everywhere. That is Gross!
  • imageSecretAgentKate:
    I just got up to look at the bag of sposies in our closet because while I'd heard you were supposed to knock the poop into the toilet I didn't know it was written on the bag.  Sure enough, it was.  It also said it will burn if exposed to flame so keep your baby away from fire--haha.  So why you friend's diapers won't burn is a mystery, but the fact that they have to write on the bag for parents to keep their babies away from fire makes me shake my head a bit.

Maybe the sposies will burn when dry but not after the gel beads are all swollen with so much liquid.  IDK

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Maybe my friend meant the city has a ban on burning diapers? Not sure. I'm just thinking burning poo can not smell yummy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"