December 2010 Moms

Funny Habits?

Have any LOs developed any funny new habits?

Within the past few weeks, C has started balling up his fist and then sticking it under my armpit when I'm holding him.  It totally seems like a comfort thing, but it's so funny to have him do this!  He definitely does it when he's being shy, or nervous, or tired.  He doesn't suck his thumb or carry a blankie around so I guess my armpit is his comfort item??  Ha ha!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Funny Habits?

• Nate hides in corners and covers his eyes when he doesn't want to do something.  I think he thinks that he turns invisible!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:

Nate hides in corners and covers his eyes when he doesn't want to do something.  I think he thinks that he turns invisible!

I can't think of anything, but pitterpatter's LO is hilarious! And who knew that armpits could be comforting?!?

• Loading the player...
  • Ava wears sunglasses and a fedora when we are out in public. People think I'm dressing her like a hipster but she seriously does this on her own. I think she thinks if she has sunglasses on that strangers can't see her. She's pretty shy. Oh, and she also starts saying her prayers if strangers talk to her. It's like a defense mechanism. "God bless mommy, God bless all the people in the world..."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• These are hilarious!

Nora has really started using her imagination a lot lately, For some reason, she likes pretending to see alligators. There are two varieties: Chompy Alligators and Friendly Alligators. We pet the friendly ones, but if a chompy one comes around, we need to get up on the couch and pull our feet up. It's also how she tells us she's ready to go to bed at night -- she'll say there's a chompy alligator and she needs to go in her room because it's safe there. Cracks me up.

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lrn327lrn327 member

These are all so cute!  

PP-I'm shocked C hasn't also started covering himself up, he's pretty shy too and invisible would probably work for him! 

CB-Ava has me seriously LOL!  That must be awfully cute!

UT-Wow, Nora's really creative! I wish C would ever tell me he was ready to go to bed. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of the funniest things J has started doing recently is whenever you ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, his standard response is now "Awww, nuts!".  Like this:

Me: J it is time for your nap.

J:  No nap.

Me:  Yes, it is time for your nap.

J:  Awww, nuts!

Not sure where he exactly picked it up but it is pretty cute.

He also loves to come up to his little brother, look at him and then look at either my wife or myself and say "Baby so cute?"

• imagepitterpatter129:

Nate hides in corners and covers his eyes when he doesn't want to do something.  I think he thinks that he turns invisible!

haha, that's great. Avery hides in this little space between our bookcase and the wall when she's pooping.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Carter covers his ears when he is uncomfortable. He's pretty shy so when we are out in public and someone starts talking to him he puts his head down and covers his ears. He also does it when he gets in trouble. Like if he can't hear me he's not really in trouble, lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought of another since it happened this morning!  N has those plastic divided plates.  DH made his breakfast this morning and gave him a bowl of oatmeal and a piece of bacon on one of those plates.  N freaks out because each slot on the plate doesn't contain food.  Ha!  He refuses to eat until every slot is filled.  DH went and got him a banana, but that still left a slot, so dried cranberries too.  Talk about a "first world issue"! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kj07kj07 member

B had this doctor routine he's developed.  He'll run up, shove his hand near your mouth, and shout, "Oh no, Mommy at dirt.  Need to go to hospital."  Then you have to go lay on the couch while he listens to your heart, takes your temperature, gives you a shot of medicine in your belly button, and then does 'surgegery.'  And once he finishes with one person in the room, he moves onto the next victim/patient.

He also likes to pretend that our car is something else.  This morning, he told me I was driving a firetruck and he had the hose.  He was spraying water when suddenly he declared, "oh no, no more water.  Have to spray milk!"

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"