Baby Showers

Odd Thank you note question

My shower was Saturday, yay!

My aunt brought a lovely quilt top to the shower. Very nice, I am super excited about it. It isn't done however, so she took it home with her an said she would mail it once the quilt is complete.

Do I send a thank you now or after it arrives or both?

It is a lovely present, but it seems kind of silly to thank her for it when I don't have it? Am I over thinking this?
"One of the most highly effective preventive measures a mother can take to protect the health of her infant is to breastfeed." - United States Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
 Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Re: Odd Thank you note question

• I'd send one now, since it was presented to you at the shower. Say something like "Thank you so much for the gorgeous quilt, I can't wait to see the finished product!" in your note. When it arrives in the mail, I'd follow up with a phone call letting her know you received it, how lovely it is, and thanking her again. If she sends it in the mail to you with an additional gift enclosed, then send a second note.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Aurora317:
    I'd send one now, since it was presented to you at the shower. Say something like "Thank you so much for the gorgeous quilt, I can't wait to see the finished product!" in your note. When it arrives in the mail, I'd follow up with a phone call letting her know you received it, how lovely it is, and thanking her again. If she sends it in the mail to you with an additional gift enclosed, then send a second note.

This! 

• I'd thank you her now.  "Thank you for the beautiful quilt!  I'm excited to see it when it's finished!

I'd also send a thank you once it's done.

~ twelve cycles ~ March 2014: Chemical Pregnancy ~
    image   image

Independence Hall, Philadelphia PA - the heart of our country in my hometown city; Atlantic Ocean island wedding, 2011.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

(Don't make me regret it, new posters)

• a13049a13049
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    image 2013mommy:

image Aurora317:
    I'd send one now, since it was presented to you at the shower. Say something like "Thank you so much for the gorgeous quilt, I can't wait to see the finished product!" in your note. When it arrives in the mail, I'd follow up with a phone call letting her know you received it, how lovely it is, and thanking her again. If she sends it in the mail to you with an additional gift enclosed, then send a second note.

This! 

This, I had the same situation. Our family have 5 babies in two months, poor grandma couldn't keep up. I sent her a thank you note right away. She threw in window valances to match since it was late so I sent another note with some pictures includesd of dd in her room with the quilt and on daddies lap underneath the window.