January 2013 Moms

ok Ladies what are your plans for more babies?!

are you done?  if not how many more are you thinking?  when will you stop TTA and when will you start TTC?

Re: ok Ladies what are your plans for more babies?!

• mj0011mj0011
    250 Answers 250 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    We probably will have one more and will stop TTA next July and actively start TTC next Octoberish.  My next pregnancy will be high risk (with the two uteri and all) I want Henry to be walking and more independent and I'd like my body back for a while (breastfeeding)

• My DH and I are not on the same page with this, so right now I'm not sure! I'd like to start TTC early next year, but DH isn't really sure when he wants a 2nd. So, we will see! :)

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We will probably have one more too. Similar timeline as above---ideally start TTC late summer, early fall 2014. I would like them to be close in age, but not too close just so DS #1 can grow to become a little bit more independent. It would also be ideal to not have two in diapers at the same time for long if at all possible too.
  • DS is our first, and we would love 2 more. So we're thinking to start trying when he's 18 months, so there will be a 2 year gap at least. Like PP, I also want him to be more independent first. Also my brother and I are about 2 years apart, and I loved the gap :)

• We are done. For sure. 2u2 is no joke.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are planning on having one more. Bringing our total to 2. I flip flop on the when all the time though. Part of me wants another right now!!! The other part of me says since I am only going to have 2 I better take my time and enjoy each one to the fullest. The hubby says the earliest we can try is sept 2014 but he would prefer that DS was 4 or 5 before we have the next one. I guess we will see how I feel next year.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're not sure what we want to do.  Serious discussion on adding a third is tabled until DD is at least a year old.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Definitely one more, possibly two. We will start TTC late summer/early Fall next year. We want to buy a house first, and DH is in line for a promotion. Surely will need it if we'll be dropping 500 a week on daycare!

Daisypath - (gXry)
  • jcar2jcar2
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    DS was our first and ideally we'd like 2-3 more (we both want a big family).  The timing we're not sure on.  Early menopause runs in my family, as in being premenopausal in the 30s.  So we can't wait too long in between kids so we'd like to start sometime after DS turns one so they're around 2 years apart in age.  However daycare is majorly expensive so that may hinder when we TTC again.
    DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
    BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would love two more - originally we were one and done but now we're definitely considering another, I would like to wait at least 2 yrs. and fiance would like to wait 3. I just want to be pregnant again by the time I'm 30 - we weren't trying at all but I think it would have taken us quite awhile since we've been together 8 years and it took us 7 yrs. to get pregnant without any form of BC.

• b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I have 2 boys...6 and almost 5 months. We will definitely have one more. We would like to shoot for better timing this next time since we are both teachers. We will either start TTC next summer or summer 2015. I will be 34 this summer so part of me says sooner is better but we are just going to reevaluate when the time gets here.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have 1 and I'd love 1 or 2 more. We are planning on ttc end of summer/early fall.  Crazy?  Maybe. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• For us it is sort of complicated. A) we disagree on if we even want more, i am happy with one, my H wants a daughter (so do i, but i will be perfectly content with just our son.) and B) I may not even be able to carry a child safely again, the pregnancy with my son did a lot of damage, and the shot gun c section left a lot of scar tissue on my uterus that could make it very difficult to conceive. So there is a good chance that another child would mean adoption, which i am completely fine with, but my H isn't AS sold, he has no problem with it per say, but would prefer to at least try for another of our own if my doctor says it's safe. I don't know if i want to go through it again. I am still recovering 5 months out, and honestly? I don't want to risk leaving Thoren without a mother.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• We want three more, we've talked about TTC in Sept of this year, but it's not set in stone. We'll see how we feel around that time and if we feel we need more time that's fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ta78ta78
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its

Is nobody planning on trying this summer or before LO is a year old?

Quinton  06.25.10
    Wren  01.13.11

photo qw_zpsd8c3bb1b.jpg

.blog.
  • I would love to have one more baby, but all of the doctor's "we don't know" answers to the possibility of having another stroke make me nervous. I will be 30 this year and didn't want to wait much longer, but I think I'm going to give myself a few good years and then meet with the doctors (I'd be high risk next pregnancy) and see what they come up with. I have a hard time with this because while I want to have another baby I also want DD to have a mother, and a mother that can function. I just need time to try and do some research of my own and see what I can find out. Hopefully in the next couple of years there will be more research about post partum strokes. Part of me feels like it's selfish to have another baby and risk it happening again and not getting lucky next time, but I also want my daughter to have a sibling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • We want 3 more or so, but we'll see what we get. I think 4 total would really be our limit, but it depends on so many factors and who knows? Maybe I won't be able to have any more. Maybe we'll end up with 10, haha. Hopefully not, but like I said, we'll take what we get.

We'll stop TTA when DD's a year, and TTC shortly thereafter. I wouldn't die if we got pregnant in a couple months, though. DH isn't getting any younger and I'd like him to see all of our kids graduate high school.
  • image ta78:

Is nobody planning on trying this summer or before LO is a year old?

Me we are talking about trying in Sept. DD would only be 8 months old at the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As I sit here next to a fussy, grunty, teething baby, I can't foresee another one any time soon, if at all. I used to want several. I just don't know. DH wants 1 more. If we do, it'll be at least another year or two before we go there.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • mj0011mj0011

image holly52:
    I would love to have one more baby, but all of the doctor's "we don't know" answers to the possibility of having another stroke make me nervous. I will be 30 this year and didn't want to wait much longer, but I think I'm going to give myself a few good years and then meet with the doctors (I'd be high risk next pregnancy) and see what they come up with. I have a hard time with this because while I want to have another baby I also want DD to have a mother, and a mother that can function. I just need time to try and do some research of my own and see what I can find out. Hopefully in the next couple of years there will be more research about post partum strokes. Part of me feels like it's selfish to have another baby and risk it happening again and not getting lucky next time, but I also want my daughter to have a sibling.

I didn't know you had a postpartum stroke how scary!  I wonder if they would put you on blood thinners or something to help.  I hope they make some headway with research.

• image landosmommy:
    We are done. For sure. 2u2 is no joke.

Lol. Apparently we're nuts, but we're definitely considering #3.

But, given our path to get here, we have a lot to consider. Won't know if we need to go thru IF treatments until I wean. If we do -- lots of other things to consider, since we don't particularly want four kids -- but, the bigger concern is that we don't want to put myself and/or future babies at risk given we have no idea why I went into labor so early. We'd be considered high-risk from the get-go, regardless -- so that's also another consideration... still going to wait a year or two before heading down that path, should we go down it at all.

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We want 2 more. DH wants to wait until DD is 2 before we TTC, but I don't want to wait that long. I'd be happy to try for another now honestly. And with so many friends and family members pregnant right now, it's not helping
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We are one and done! I had Mirena but hated it so now I am waiting for my next cycle to start so I can go back on the pill ... and patiently wait for DH to decide he is ready for a vasectomy!

• We might be one and done. DH feels he is completely happy with one, my verdict is still out only because I worry about him being an only child. If not for that, I'd be one and done too. We are giving ourselves until the end of this year to decide. If we decide to have more we will start TTC in January. We are both 33 so if #2 is in the cards we don't want to wait too long. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• I was thinking to start trying when LO is a year old. My only concern is having another Christmas baby---to avoid that we might start trying early Summer 2014. It's so funny because I was super anti- any thoughts about another one but now my hoo-ha is back to normal status and my hair isn't falling out any more and I am already missing a newborn lol. Oh how easily we forget :-)
  • image mj0011:

image holly52:
    I would love to have one more baby, but all of the doctor's "we don't know" answers to the possibility of having another stroke make me nervous. I will be 30 this year and didn't want to wait much longer, but I think I'm going to give myself a few good years and then meet with the doctors (I'd be high risk next pregnancy) and see what they come up with. I have a hard time with this because while I want to have another baby I also want DD to have a mother, and a mother that can function. I just need time to try and do some research of my own and see what I can find out. Hopefully in the next couple of years there will be more research about post partum strokes. Part of me feels like it's selfish to have another baby and risk it happening again and not getting lucky next time, but I also want my daughter to have a sibling.

I didn't know you had a postpartum stroke how scary!  I wonder if they would put you on blood thinners or something to help.  I hope they make some headway with research.

They did mention possible putting me on the medication right after having the baby. But, there are so little cases published and so little research it's kind of an unknown which is scary.  I know mayo clinic is doing research about it and I need to submit my medical records to help, but I'm hoping in the next few years they will at least know something!! It's so crazy because I had such an easy pregnancy and an easy delivery and then 5 days later all of this! At least DD is healthy and I'm okay for now anyway :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • We would like 2 or 3 more.  Ideally I would like them to be around 2 years apart.  However, DH will not use any form of bc right now - he says we should trust in God's timing (which I agree with but I am nervous about having babies close together since I'm not sure I'll have the energy).  Not TTC yet but not TTA.  Still no AF since I am ebf but I realize it could happen any time.
    imageimage image
  • I'm about 80% sure I am done.  I don't want to go through the newborn stage again.  Seriously, I didn't know how good I had it once DS turned 2 or 3.  I got my boy and girl, I'm good!
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jcar2jcar2
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary

image pinkstarlight83:
    We would like 2 or 3 more.  Ideally I would like them to be around 2 years apart.  However, DH will not use any form of bc right now - he says we should trust in God's timing (which I agree with but I am nervous about having babies close together since I'm not sure I'll have the energy).  Not TTC yet but not TTA.  Still no AF since I am ebf but I realize it could happen any time.

We're kind of doing the same thing.  DH is would not use any protection and I'm not going back on the pill.  I hate coming off the pill and we agreed that it's no longer necessary for us.  However, we have yet to DTD and I have yet to have a visit from AF so we're not really concerned about any more babies coming our way soon.  But if it happens, it happens. 

DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
    BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mj0011mj0011

image pinkstarlight83:
    We would like 2 or 3 more.  Ideally I would like them to be around 2 years apart.  However, DH will not use any form of bc right now - he says we should trust in God's timing (which I agree with but I am nervous about having babies close together since I'm not sure I'll have the energy).  Not TTC yet but not TTA.  Still no AF since I am ebf but I realize it could happen any time.

If DH refused to use BC he wouldn't be getting any lol