1st Trimester

HCG level not doubling 6 weeks pregnant

This is how my levels have been progressing and I am worried.

Friday 131

Monday (3 days later) 776 

Friday(4 days later) 2268

Monday (3 days later) 3870.

I was 6 weeks this last Monday when it was 3870. I am very concerned about it not doubling. If it continues at this rate it would only double every 90 hours. I am extremely concerned. Has anyone else experienced this problem or a related one. Any input would help. I just want to know what my chances of this being a normal pregnancy are.

3 MMC #1 Ivf Fet pregnancy BFP 2/10/18

Re: HCG level not doubling 6 weeks pregnant

• well it was 51 2 days before that but I didn't list that. 51 was my first test.

• What does your doctor say. Seems good to me. They only double every 48 hours in the very beginning. Doubling time should go something like this:

<1200 - 48-72 hours

1200 - 6000 - 72-96 hours

>6000 - 96+ hours

So you are in the 72-96 hour window  :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Is your doc worried? I think your numbers look ok. They are increasing, if you're really loosing sleep over it ask your OB. Good luck! Keep us posted!
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageJada_5479:

What does your doctor say. Seems good to me. They only double every 48 hours in the very beginning. Doubling time should go something like this:

<1200 - 48-72 hours

1200 - 6000 - 72-96 hours

>6000 - 96+ hours

So you are in the 72-96 hour window  :-)

I agree with this. Your numbers are still looking okay, you can ask for an u/s if you are concerned and hopefully see a heartbeat at this point. If your OB doesn't seem concerned, then I would try and relax and enjoy your pregnancy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Thank you for all of the advise it has really eased my mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"