January 2013 Moms

penis talk

DS found his penis before his feet. 

During diaper changes when he has no diaper on, DS grabs his penis/scrotum. He loves doing this, and definitely knows what he is doing.

He hasn't rolled, shows no interest in solids, can't put himself to sleep, and only found his feet in the past few days, but he certainly knows his penis. DH is so proud.

Does your boy do this?

IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

Re: penis talk

• LOL! This cracks me up :) I've got a girl.

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have a boy but my daughter will sometimes reach down and grab.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Typical boy lol! My daughter likes to make sure her parts are still there during diaper changes. I asked my mom about it and she said just to be happy that I didn't have a boy. Turns out my brother was a lot like your DS.

• Every. Single. Diaper. Change.  

Changing a really messy poop diaper is a two person job, because someone has to hold his hands.  He just loves his attached toy.  He found his feet shortly after, so now once I can get his hands off his penis, he'll play with his feet for bit, but still.  I feel bad sometimes - with those little baby nails and some twisting action, he'll make everything all red down there.   

• I have a girl but I remember both of my nephews doing that. And they did it from being a baby up to a toddler lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My boy has NOT found his penis... yet. During diaper changes he will grab both of his feet and hold himself in a folded pose for as long as he can....making it hard to get a diaper on and off him, but I guess it could be worse. LOL!
  • My son does not play with his that much but when I pull the skin back and clean he gets a huge smile on his face. It is a little weird!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is rolling, "talking," can put himself to sleep when he wants, will gnaw on anything close to his mouth and is practically ready to sit up...but he has not found his feet or his penis.

Sounds like I am lucky! Wink

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS loves his penis!  Sometimes he squeezes so hard I worry, but I know he would stop if it hurt. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageluvindanimals:
    My son does not play with his that much but when I pull the skin back and clean he gets a huge smile on his face. It is a little weird!

Out of curiosity, why are you pulling the skin back? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOhBaby+2013:

imageluvindanimals:
    My son does not play with his that much but when I pull the skin back and clean he gets a huge smile on his face. It is a little weird!

This.. The skin is supposed to separate naturally when they're like 2 or 3 when the glands are developed. 

Anywho, yes, my little boy does this lol. Diaper changes are a major hassle. But i can't help but chuckle. Gotta love little boys :)

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Thankfully DS hasn't started this, but I came across a changing pad cover with swaddle arms attached at some point. I wonder if strapping his arms down during change times would make it less messy?
  • Benny hasn't found his yet, but he does stick his hand down his diaper or pants like a teenage boy. 
  • DS found his a couple of weeks ago and although it is his favorite toy during "naked time", it has not become an issue during diaper changes.  Yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Christopher does this all the time!!! I got worried because he would grab both and pull them...really hard!! I read that babies boy don't develop nerves down there until later. So what they're doing now doesn't hurt them. But it looks very painful!

• is it wrong to say i'm glad i have a girl?

i remember going to the mall with my sister and nephew and he would always loudly announce whenever his penis was stuck to his leg (esp during the summer when it was really hot out)  granted he was like 2, and it was cute and funny....

• imageAshleyDehaven:
    imageOhBaby+2013:

imageluvindanimals:

This.. The skin is supposed to separate naturally when they're like 2 or 3 when the glands are developed. 

Anywho, yes, my little boy does this lol. Diaper changes are a major hassle. But i can't help but chuckle. Gotta love little boys :)

My doctor has us pulling DS's back and using Vaseline to make sure it doesn't stick. 

~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • OMG, I could have written this myself. Just last week DS found his penis...and he touches it at every diaper change which is super annoying if he has a poopy diaper...then poop gets on his hands and hands go into mouth.YUCK!!! Between that and his leg kicks I hated diaper changes. Then magically I though, I'll give him a toy to play with...so I do, he plays, no penis touching and less leg kicks! Give it a try. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• JJsMumJJsMum member
    Both of my boys do this!  DH started to dislike changing DS#1's diaper because he'd grab and pull so hard that it made him cringe.  DS#2 has also found his perma-toy but doesn't seem to be as rough with it yet.  I always have to have something to distract the boys with during diaper changes though.  DS#1 went through a phase where he liked to hit his bits hard enough to make me cringe.  So, something to occupy the hands is definitely a survival tactic.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"