February 2013 Moms

where do you live?

Over on the January board someone started a post about where everyone is from. I know it's been discussed a bit here and there but I don't remember a big post for it.

So, where are you from/where do you live?

I'm from a suburb of Rochester, NY

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: where do you live?

• I'm from a dinky little town in Ohio, moved to DC eight years ago and just bought a house in the 'burbs (Vienna, VA) last May.
  • I'm in northwest NJ. Just across the Delaware River from Allentown, PA. Fun fact: the Lehigh Valley is full of Biblically named towns. I went to HS is Bethlehem, we go to a dog park in Nazareth, I once got lost in Egypt while driving a friend home from the Allentown Fair. :P

• I'm from Maryland. I met Hubby through a video game online and moved here to Georgia to live with him.
    It's lonely here. Georgians treat anyone who doesn't like sweet tea and fried everything like a leper...... It's seriously weird how they are so defensive over food. Needless to say, my only friends are my inlaws(not by choice :/ ) and I still get daily comments about being a "Yankee"

Man I can't wait to get out of this state
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image Puck1182:
    I'm in northwest NJ. Just across the Delaware River from Allentown, PA. Fun fact: the Lehigh Valley is full of Biblically named towns. I went to HS is Bethlehem, we go to a dog park in Nazareth, I once got lost in Egypt while driving a friend home from the Allentown Fair. :P

I went to Muhlenberg College in Allentown :)

I grew up primarily in Phoenixville, PA and then a few other small towns in PA.  I live in Durham, NC and love it.   

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I'm from a small town west of Boston, MA and I live in a small town west of Boston, MA - just not the same one I grew up in! :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Philadelphia burbs here

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image BNHarris8:
    Georgians treat anyone who doesn't like sweet tea and fried everything like a leper......

I would do well there, I love sweet tea and fried everything LOL

I am from a north western suburb outside of Chicago

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • I was born in Cyprus, grew up in Brunei, went to boarding school & University in the Uk where I met DH.

We have been living in Palma de Mallorca since the summer of 1999.

I?ve got no roots anywhere and have spent my life living out of suitcases.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MBush4MBush4
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm from New Orleans and moved back here three years ago, but I went to school in UT and grad school in Belgium. That (Belgium) is where I met DH.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• I am from a small town in south east Texas and current live in the burbs outside of Houston, Texas.
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm in Vancouver BC.  Fun fact:  DH sadly lost his parents when he was a young adult, so he inherited their house (along with his brother).  So we're raising DS in the same house where DH grew up!

• I am from and still live in the Seattle metropolitan area.  Both DH and I grew up just south of the city.  Now we live about 25 mi SE of the city.  
  • I live I Southern California, about 20 minutes outside of Los Angeles. With traffic, it's about 3 hours outside of L.A. Lovely, lovely so cal traffic. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image Drea926:
    I'm from a small town west of Boston, MA and I live in a small town west of Boston, MA - just not the same one I grew up in! :P

Hey, me too!  I'm about 45 minutes west of Boston, MA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kitevkitev
    250 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    Born and raised in oregon and now raising our babies here as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Raised in Boston, moved to Florida, Arizona and Vermont. Now living in New Hampshire.

• I live in Southern California in the Inland Empire, about 40 miles from L.A.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image NG2HD:

image Drea926:
    I'm from a small town west of Boston, MA and I live in a small town west of Boston, MA - just not the same one I grew up in! :P

Me three

• image artroyer:
    Over on the January board someone started a post about where everyone is from. I know it's been discussed a bit here and there but I don't remember a big post for it. So, where are you from/where do you live? I'm from a suburb of Rochester, NY

I'm also from the Rochester area! I live in Webster.  

• Grew up in New Hampshire, went to school and was a teacher in Massachusetts until 2006. Moved to New Mexico for 6 years and now am in Maine near family :).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • image NG2HD:

image Drea926:

We're about 45 minutes as well!! We live in Medway - what about you? 

ETA - Jackigan - didn't see yours until after - we should have a Bumpie meeting! :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• image ericalee27:

image Puck1182:
    I'm in northwest NJ. Just across the Delaware River from Allentown, PA. Fun fact: the Lehigh Valley is full of Biblically named towns. I went to HS is Bethlehem, we go to a dog park in Nazareth, I once got lost in
    Egypt while driving a friend home from the Allentown Fair. :P

I went to Muhlenberg College in Allentown :)

I grew up primarily in Phoenixville, PA and then a few other small towns in PA.  I live in Durham, NC and love it.   

• I am from a small town west of Toledo Ohio called Delta. DH is from Windsor Ontario so DS will get to have dual citizenship. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am from Georgia and I am really sorry people are not treating you well. I HATE sweet tea if it makes you feel any better, but I do LOVE fried foods. I moved to Knoxville, Tennessee when my husband and I got engaged, and I have only made one friend. I love my in-laws, but I totally understand and empathize about being lonely. I have been in Knoxville for 3 years and sometimes it seems like the loneliest place in the world. To make matters worse DH hates my dad (which is fine with me bc i'm not too fond of him either) but we both adore my mom and my mom and dad are still married. So because of my dad we don't visit often and my mom doesn't have a car to drive up here to see us... part of my dad's efforts to control every aspect of her life- that is another post for another time.  

I hope it gets a little easier for you. Depending on where your at in Georgia I could recommend some not soo super southern/judgmental areas that I loved to spend time at.  *creepy internet hugs* LOL 

--Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • image Puck1182:
    I'm in northwest NJ. Just across the Delaware River from Allentown, PA. Fun fact: the Lehigh Valley is full of Biblically named towns. I went to HS is Bethlehem, we go to a dog park in Nazareth, I once got lost in Egypt while driving a friend home from the Allentown Fair. :P

I grew up in northwest NJ, went to college in Bethlehem, PA and now I live in Nazareth, PA.
  • image lswivel:
    I live in Southern California in the Inland Empire, about 40 miles from L.A.

me too!!
  • image jocgymnast72:

image artroyer:
    Over on the January board someone started a post about where everyone is from. I know it's been discussed a bit here and there but I don't remember a big post for it.

So, where are you from/where do you live?

I'm from a suburb of Rochester, NY

I'm also from the Rochester area! I live in Webster.  

Wow! I didn't think I'd find anyone lol... Everyone seems to be from Boston or Pennsylvania Haha. I'm in Hilton. We just spent the weekend camping in Webster park!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image apastinack:

I am from Georgia and I am really sorry people are not treating you well. I HATE sweet tea if it makes you feel any better, but I do LOVE fried foods. I moved to Knoxville, Tennessee when my husband and I got engaged, and I have only made one friend. I love my in-laws, but I totally understand and empathize about being lonely. I have been in Knoxville for 3 years and sometimes it seems like the loneliest place in the world. To make matters worse DH hates my dad (which is fine with me bc i'm not too fond of him either) but we both adore my mom and my mom and dad are still married. So because of my dad we don't visit often and my mom doesn't have a car to drive up here to see us... part of my dad's efforts to control every aspect of her life- that is another post for another time.  

I hope it gets a little easier for you. Depending on where your at in Georgia I could recommend some not soo super southern/judgmental areas that I loved to spend time at.  *creepy internet hugs* LOL 

lol @ "creepy internet hugs" :)

I'm in Griffin. ~1 hour South of Atlanta. We're like the crappy city in-between the good cities- Fayetteville & McDonough ..and by "good" I guess I just mean better places to go shopping, lol

As far as sweet tea goes, I will never understand how they can dump so much sugar into something and still have it taste so freaking bitter. Anyone else noticed this?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Grew up in a small town, but currently living in Winnipeg Manitoba. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Drea926:
    image NG2HD:

image Drea926:

We're about 45 minutes as well!! We live in Medway - what about you? 

ETA - Jackigan - didn't see yours until after - we should have a Bumpie meeting! :P 

Medfield here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards