January 2013 Moms

BV

I got BV for the first time right when I found out I was pregnant and ever since have been battling it off and on. I'm following all the doctors guidelines, but I still keep getting it. I've taken Provella (probiotic) but that's $30 a month and hurting my wallet. I know I've seen this subject a couple of times on here and wanted to know if you all have any remedies etc. I'm so sick of using antibiotics which don't seem to fix it anyway.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BV

• What really worked for me was boric acid suppositories. You'll have to make them yourself though. I got boric acid and veggie capsules off amazon. You fill the large part with boric acid and put them together. I inserted one vaginally a night for 7 nights while taking a probiotic. It helped immensely! I have had BV on and off for years and did a lot of research into homeopathic remedies and have tried many but I've had the most success with this one. You can also google it to get more information. Hope this helps!

ETA: I also took a probiotic called Femidolphis which is specially formulated for the vaginal tract.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you! Have you used your probiotic as a suppository?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image LoriLue31:

Thank you! Have you used your probiotic as a suppository?

I have not, but I know that you can. It's supposed to act faster I think but the boric acid worked fine for me. The boric acid and probiotic allows your vaginal flora to replenish naturally while antibiotics just kill both good and bad bacteria off! I also used plain, organic yogurt inserted twice daily which helped immediately also.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards