December 2011 Moms

Intro and Question

Hi Ladies!  I just recently found TB and have been posting mostly on Dec'13 and have lurked here a bit and finally decided to introduce myself.  I have one son born 12/15/11 and am expecting my second this December.  

I have a question about bottles.  I know I'm late to the game in getting rid of them but the Dr insists so we are going cold turkey today.  He only used them for milk before nap time and bed time and sometimes mid-afternoon if he asked.  DH is a SHAD and just texted me that DS is freaking out that he can't have his pre-nap bottle.   He tried to give him a sippy cup early but it was refused.  I knew today was going to be chaos but I guess I wasn't expecting hysterics.  How long did your kids take to adjust?  Any advice?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and Question

• Fortunately my DD could care less and dropped the bottle easily at 11 months. Have you tried putting water in it or a smaller amount of milk so its not worth it?

Edit I guess that isn't cold turkey. Sorry. Maybe it will just take a few days of being upset. Will he rock/cuddle before nap?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - 
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • -T--T-
    250 Answers 500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    Welcome and congratulations! I don't have any help in the bottle category as I've never used one. Why is the dr so set on going cold turkey? I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't think he'd give it up when he's good and ready! I don't see the hurt in using it twice a day. Maybe you can school me, then I'll know for next time!
  • The Dr is concerned about his teeth.  DH was at the appointment yesterday and the Dr gave him the 'tisk tisk' and said it had to stop right away.  I know DS is attached to the bottle and I wanted him to stop before #2 is born but I wanted to do it gradually thinking it would be easier on him.  Or maybe I'm just coddling him b/c it's one of the few times I can get a snuggle out of DS.  Thanks!

• ccip82ccip82
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its

Welcome and congrats on #2! My DD and your DS share a birthday :)

I wish I had some advice on bottles, but we really did not use them. Maybe try out a couple different style sippys? I can definitely feel your pain though because I am trying to wean DD from the boob and it is a lot tougher than I imagined! With #2 coming for us in January, I need to wean DD before then.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• -T--T-
    250 Answers 500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its

image arnold94:
    The Dr is concerned about his teeth.  DH was at the appointment yesterday and the Dr gave him the 'tisk tisk' and said it had to stop right away.  I know DS is attached to the bottle and I wanted him to stop before #2 is born but I wanted to do it gradually thinking it would be easier on him.  Or maybe I'm just coddling him b/c it's one of the few times I can get a snuggle out of DS.  Thanks!

I understand now. My brother has very narrow teeth because he sucked his thumb for forever.

I know how you feel with giving in because it gives you a few minutes of cuddles. DS was never a cuddler, so when he does, I just eat it up!

• I don't have much advice, we have been bad too and DS is still on a bottle, only at bedtime though. He still won't drink milk out of a sippy so that's what we've done, there are sippy cups that are more like a transition from a bottle to a sippy I just haven't tried ours yet since we've been traveling. Here's a couple that we have that's on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/NUK-Disney-Winnie-Ounces-Silicone/dp/B005A3OGR0/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1371574413&sr=1-4&keywords=nuk+transition+cup

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image Jmcmahon21:

I don't have much advice, we have been bad too and DS is still on a bottle, only at bedtime though. He still won't drink milk out of a sippy so that's what we've done, there are sippy cups that are more like a transition from a bottle to a sippy I just haven't tried ours yet since we've been traveling. Here's a couple that we have that's on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/NUK-Disney-Winnie-Ounces-Silicone/dp/B005A3OGR0/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1371574413&sr=1-4&keywords=nuk+transition+cup

I didn't know they made those!  I wonder if BRU has them?  I might have to pick one up on the way home tonight.  Thanks!! 

• I got mine at buy buy baby but I'm sure BRU should have them too, good luck :) hope they work! Think we're going to start trying this week too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image Jmcmahon21:

I don't have much advice, we have been bad too and DS is still on a bottle, only at bedtime though.

Umm this is us too- we have G's 18 mo appt next week and I guess we will see what the Dr says cause he just loves it and I have given up on that battle, but maybe I need to rethink that decision Embarrassed

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

image image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Mom to two December boys, 2011 & 2013
  • Welcome! My DH is a SAHD too.

As far as dropping the bottle, have you tried different types of sippy cups? DD used to like the ones with the hard plastic spout. All of a sudden lately, the only ones she wants are the ones with the soft rubber straw. This is the kind we have: http://www.amazon.com/Nuby-2-Pack-No-Spill-Flexi-Colors/dp/B003N49ML8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371865599&sr=8-5&keywords=nuby+sippy+cup

You may just have to try a few different types, kind of like finding the right type of bottle. 

Born on my birthday! 12.02.2011

From Charlotte, With Love

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards