1st Trimester

Prenatal vitamins

Are you taking over the counter or did your dr give you a prescription? Mine did not, I'm taking natures made. Should I be on a rx?

Re: Prenatal vitamins

• jrosa1jrosa1 member
    I'm taking the nature made with DHA. I don't go to the doctor until July 2nd so I'm just going to continue to take these. I think as long as you're getting at least 400mcg of folic acid you're fine. I know the vitamins I'm taking have 800mcg.
  • I take Trader Joe's prenatals which I believe are made by Rainbow Light.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm taking One A Day prenatal vitamins, they come in two different pills. One with all the essential vitamins including the 800 mg folic acid you need and the other with DHA and omega 3. It all depends on you, most are the same.
  • ilanatilanat member
    I take the BellyBar ones.  I like them because they are chewable and taste good and I can't swallow the big pills of the other kinds I have tried. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I never found a prescription prenatal to be necessary. I take a prenatal called Premama. It's a flavorless powder that I mix into my drinks. I like it a lot because I find it hard to swallow pills. It also helped a lot with my nausea because it has ginger root in it. I hope this helps!!
  • it doesn't matter, just make sure you have folic and dha.  I got sick taking the big liquid pills so I do a hard prenatal vitamin and then the folic and dha as a liquid capsule.  not sure why but taking them separately has made it better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take Rx but I don't think it matters as long as you take a prenatal vitamin.  My friend took over the counter and her dr. said it was fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"