Infertility
Options

Insurance denied our IVF cycle IUI's it is . :(

Is there anyone that can tell me about IUI's? also anyone on here had any sucuess with IUI's? after being told by their RE that the most promising route would be to go with IVF?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Insurance denied our IVF cycle IUI's it is . :(

• Options

Sorry to hear about the insurance =(

What is your diagnosis? What all have you tried in the past? We were told almost a year and a half ago that IVF/ICSI was our only chance (we are/were severe MFI) and with trial and error, we were able to find a treatment that put us into the realm of an IUI, so there are definitely ways to increase your chances with an IUI if IVF isn't an option for you, depending on what your situation is of course.

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options

I have lots of IUI experience unfortunately (see siggy). We have been doing IUIs while saving for IVF. We're OOP.

In your case, I would appeal, and/or save up and pay for IVF OOP. While saving up for IVF it won't hurt to do the IUIs then. You can talk to your RE about maximizing your chances (maybe doing a straight inject cycle + b2b IUIs?) but if he has said IVF is the way to go then I would do IVF, even if I had to pay myself.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    from past experience if your RE says to do invitro its worth it, we did 8 IUI cycles unsuccessfully and even though insurance paid 50% we would have been better off doing IVF, would have saved tons of $, time, pain, and emotional heartache, GL to you in whatever you decide!
  • Options
    Definitely review your health plan summary of benefits and plan description carefully - if you can point to anything that shows you should have coverage for IVF, then appeal!  I spent over two months fighting with my insurance company for coverage of my meds (at first they completely denied coverage, then decided I had 80/20 coverage, and FINALLY agreed that I have 100% coverage for drug therapy for infertility) -- it is a pain in the butt to fight insurance companies, but infertility treatments are so expensive, so every dollar you can get them to pay helps.

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"