February 2013 Moms

SecondaryPulse *or other CD mamas who use disana wool (or compatable)

So DD is ~13-14lbs and ~24-25". She is mostly wearing 0-3mo clothes but with the big CD tush, I am transitioning her to 3-6mo clothes now. I bought the 3-6 month size disana wool cover. I washed it, lanolized it and was happy with the results. It kept its shape nicely (hand washed in the sink, rolled in a towel, air dried for a day).

I used a smaller tri-folded prefold and a larger angel folded prefold pinned (it was too thick across her middle to snappi) This is what I have been doing with a thirsties size 2s cover before I got the wool. Its a huge diaper but DD is a heavy wetter and this is the only solution I have right now. Pretty soon I will have to move her to the thristies size 2s during the day so I don't want to use them for night, besides she has sensative skin and I heard the wool is better for that.

So, both nights that I have tried to use the wool the diaper has slid down to under her butt. The second night the wool cover slid down as well to show a considerable amount of butt crack. Needless to say, this leads to leaks. From the looks of the diaper+cover once it is on her I would say that it is not getting pulled up high enough on her body.

Is it too small?

How is it supposed to fit? do the leg ribs sit at the tops of her thighs or at the top of her knees?

Is there a better way to secure my prefolds around her so that they don't slide down during the night?

Should I try a different fold (angel fold is the one I always use b/c she poops often enough and at different times, her only regular poop being at 7am, her last one somewhere between 6pm-8pm and angel fold holds it together well)?

I really want to use wool. I hope I a just doing something wrong and this cover is not too small for her!!!! I hate to think I bought a wool cover that she couldn't use. I guess I could just prep the bigger one and try it out? Ugh. I just want it to work :(

ETA: from pics online it looks like it fits her fine, but my doubles prefold looks HUGE, like comically huge compared to whatever those kids in the pics I googled have under their disanas! This might be the reason it is slipping down, that and the pins are just not enough. HELP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SecondaryPulse *or other CD mamas who use disana wool (or compatable)

• This pic looks close to what it looks like on her when we go to bed. Only funnier.

Maybe I could try just putting two diapers on her at once instead of doubling up in the middle? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's pretty much what our fluffy butt looks like at nighttime, too, and we use the same combo you do (trifold plus angel wing plus wool).  Although, the leg bands don't seem to be down as far on my guys.  I am wondering if your wool is a bit too small or even a bit too big.  How does it fit if you put it on over just one diaper?
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• I used a sized up PF over the trifolded PF. That makes it easier to snappi nice and tight. Or, you could use pins, which makes PFs fit longer.
                  imageimage
    Homebirthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, young mama to two beautiful babies
    and married to my best friend in the world.
    imageimage
  • image secondaryPULSE:
    I used a sized up PF over the trifolded PF. That makes it easier to snappi nice and tight. Or, you could use pins, which makes PFs fit longer.

Yes!  I use a yellow trim (small) GMD PF for the trifold and a red trim (medium) for the angel-wing. 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• I went straight to the 6-12 month size disana, it goes all the way up to her armpits and just above her knees and DD is 15.5 lbs and 29" long. Underneath I use a size 2 osocozy prefold that I sewed into a fitted and 2 grovia boosters. So far so good. I'm not much help, just sharing my experience :).