April 2013 Moms

Ergo users.

I finally gave in and bought the ergo yesterday. The Moby was just a bit of a pain and waaaay to hot. Thankfully it was a hand me down so no moola wasted.

Question is what do you do with LOs legs? Mine chunker is almost 12 lbs and to big for the insert but I think she's too little to spread her legs to wrap around me.

Re: Ergo users.

• My chunker was 12 pounds at one month but his head control wasn't as good then. I still use the insert but his legs come out the bottom and are pressed against me but not fully straddling me. Does that make sense?
  • I have a performance, but I put my little one's legs in froggy style but still spread out.. Like his feet are resting on the part that goes around your waist...kinda wide squatting stance. I also put a blanket..sometimes two.. under his bottom because he is in between the point of insert and no insert needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ClandestineX:
    I have a performance, but I put my little one's legs in froggy style but still spread out.. Like his feet are resting on the part that goes around your waist...kinda wide squatting stance. I also put a blanket..sometimes two.. under his bottom because he is in between the point of insert and no insert needed.

This is kinda what I was trying but she was pushing her feet down between me and the "stomach" belt part and then she'd start crying.   I think crying because it's too tight, I'm not even sure how she gets her feet down there because I have it so tight that it's almost hurting me.  

• Try to put a blanket under her where her feet would be going. It shouldn't be so tight it hurts you, she won't slip out... my son is on the lengthy side and not chuncky at all.. and he moves a lot but I have it on in such a way he can move around... about a half inch of play... also about that much in the waist part too. He cried when I tightened it too. Just give them a little room. :)

• image ClandestineX:
    Try to put a blanket under her where her feet would be going. It shouldn't be so tight it hurts you, she won't slip out... my son is on the lengthy side and not chuncky at all.. and he moves a lot but I have it on in such a way he can move around... about a half inch of play... also about that much in the waist part too. He cried when I tightened it too. Just give them a little room. :)

Thank you :)   I had the waist really tight becuase the salesperson at the baby store told me to.  I did have the shoulder straps looser.  

I'll try the blanket when she wakes up from her nap.   Even with just the 30 minutes she was in it earlier I felt much more mobile than with the moby so it was great. I never felt overly secure with her in the moby even when it was really tight so I always had one arm semi supporting her.  Hoping we get it fit well and she loves it. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image NicoleSB80:
    Thank you :)   I had the waist really tight becuase the salesperson at the baby store told me to.  I did have the shoulder straps looser.  

I'll try the blanket when she wakes up from her nap.   Even with just the 30 minutes she was in it earlier I felt much more mobile than with the moby so it was great. I never felt overly secure with her in the moby even when it was really tight so I always had one arm semi supporting her.  Hoping we get it fit well and she loves it. 

No problem. You want the waist to be secure, but I go by the rule of being able to stick one finger in between the strap and me. My son hated the Moby, luckily I borrowed it to try it out..he wouldn't even get in it lol. He loves the ergo though. When I put him in it I make sure the part that goes behind them is lined up right. I make sure it is at the base of his head... lined up with the bottom of his ears. That way his head doesn't wobble more than needs to be... he has great neck control, just sometimes he gets bobble head like for a few minutes. 

• I put dd in froggy style and her head is right at the top. I never used an insert or blanket. No need to have it as tight as you described. She also has to have her paci or she screams.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Take the round part out of the bottom of the insert and set them on that. Less bulk, but seats them better.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• My DS is 11 pounds 5 oz and I sit him on the insert cushion and have his legs hanging out to the side. He loves the Ergo. I have a Moby too but you have to hold his head. The Ergo with insert is truly handsfree.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • there are some videos/tutorials on you tube I found helpful.  Sorry don't have hte links handy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards