Working Moms

Monday morning vents

Anyone?
Mommy of two girls: DD1 4/14/9 DD2 4/15/11

Re: Monday morning vents

• jc&catjc&cat
    Ancient Membership 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker

I have to spend $333 on a new windshield today. Then car inspection tomorrow. Mamma wants to take a day off and go to sesame place this week too and this is gonna be one expensive week!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Too much work to do, leaving early for DS's 9 mo appointment, and severely need pedi and new shoes for mama, not to mention a haircut before a presentation on Thursday. Feeling very homely.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Back to work from vacation...silver lining...no red light blinking when I got in!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I have to pack my lunch for summer school. I hate packing my lunch and I get SO spoiled over the school year when I don't have to! And of course now that I'm KU I cant just pack a turkey sandwich....

1st world probs! 

DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• My 3.5yo was a total nightmare all weekend.  Tantrums, screaming, defiance all weekend long.  I took her and 3 month old DD to the park on Saturday, and we had to leave immediately because she started screaming that some kid was on some plaything that she wanted to use.  I'm at the end of my rope, and I hated leaving today because there's clearly an issue with her.

On the other hand, my 3 month old has been so unbelievably cute.  She's sleeping well (up once a night to eat, right back to sleep) and is just all smiles while she's awake.  I hated leaving because she just seemed so excited to see me this morning.

• LoCarbLoCarb
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    image MamaAllison:

And of course now that I'm KU I cant just pack a turkey sandwich....

Congrats and H&H 9 mo!  You make pretty babies as evident by your DD's pic in siggy.

• LoCarbLoCarb
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its

This wknd I spent too much money and felt like a spent most of the time driving around. I wish I could say it was a fab wknd and worth it but in hindsight, I'd rather have my money back.

All morning, my phone has been blowing up with nasty txt msg from Ex. I'm ignoring them but fuming at the same time. The issue-he needs a mom to remind him of things and still wants me to play that role. When he procrastinates and things fall through I receive the hate.

• image LoCarb:
    image MamaAllison:

And of course now that I'm KU I cant just pack a turkey sandwich....

Congrats and H&H 9 mo!  You make pretty babies as evident by your DD's pic in siggy.

Thanks!  

DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• WBMomWBMom
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Allergies - You suck!  Go away!

Why does the work a/c have to be blowing so bad the papers on my desk are moving and I have a sweater on?  Cost savings measures should also equal turning the air to 70 or above.  Not the 60 degrees it feels like in here. 

ETA:  Happy thought though:  It's my baby's first birthday today!  Big Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I did not sleep last night. Woke up with a huge headache. Decided to call in sick to get some rest.
    So why can't I just rest instead of getting blown up with emails and in between emails feeling compelled to clean
  • My boss is completely useless! Last week she worked less than a half day on Monday but didn't consider it to be vacation time, and left at least an hour early 2 other days. She also "worked from home" on Friday which means she looks at her email box once or twice. We are so far behind on several projects because she wants to do it all herself but she is never working! I am sick of people having to call or email me when she doesn't respond to their messages and it has been days. I so badly want to go to her boss to address it because it is starting to affect what people think of me since she is pawning off work that is already late for me to do for her... I also still haven't heard about an internal position I interviewed for a month ago. I am dying to get out of my current role and want to know why they are taking so long in their hiring process!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AgoAgo
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper
    ArkansasMom22 - you sound just like me and the struggles with my boss for the past three years until I got a new boss last month.  I've been there and I'm thinking of you!

• Why are some women incapable of peeing IN the toilet? I swear. It is just so nasty. Some days our women's restroom looks like a frat house. We are in a workplace ladies, get it together!
  • Nicb13Nicb13
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    It's kinda sad to see people post about how something is working for their baby (rocking to sleep for example) but they are considering stopping because random people on the internet tell them they need to. Unless I was doing something that I didn't realize was unsafe or harmful, I would never change anything about my parenting because someone on the internet told me to.

DS born 3/10/12 - Baby GIRL - due 10/5/14!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Baby threw up all over me this morning, down my shirt even got my pant leg. Then DH laughed.
  • Dear in laws, I am happy you found a house you love a street over. I am sorry you are not happy with our decision to not allow the kids to come without us when you put in the pool. You know you have little grand kids and if you choose not to install a fence, alarm or cover then that's your retirement home but its not safe for the kids who by re way you have barely seen for 3 years when you live 10 mins away. Now you can walk to our house but will you?
    My little girl is growing up! (born 12/09) Little brother is here! (born 5/2012) .  Missing our sweet baby lost in December 2013.  Thank you Lord for my precious family!