March 2012 Moms

Ideas needed

Hey ladies.  My daughter has finally settled a bit and isn't scream/crying herself to sleep.  She has, however found a new way to keep herself up :/  She's playing with the curtains.  I went in there a couple times to tell her no, lay her down, etc...one time I went in she had one curtain (and they are long ones almost to the floor) pulled all the way into her crib.  The nut!!  Anyways, any ideas on how to keep them closed?  The last resort that I want is to move the actual crib.  I'd like to think outside the box first. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Ideas needed

• WipzWipz
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary
    go to the DIY store and ask for a leght of wooden dowel.. there is usually a seam at the bottom you can weight curtains down.. if the dowel isn't heavy enough .. fill the seam with pennies.

:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you actually close them to block out light? If not, I would just swoop them over the top at night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Shorter curtains?
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

January '15 October Signature Challenge:  Halloween Costume
  • image Mrs MoJoRisin:
    Do you actually close them to block out light? If not, I would just swoop them over the top at night.
    They are long dark brown curtains for blocking the light. Swooping them would make it worse I think
  • image namcgee:
    Shorter curtains?
    I like the ones I have. They weren't cheap for my budget
  • image Wipz:
    go to the DIY store and ask for a leght of wooden dowel.. there is usually a seam at the bottom you can weight curtains down.. if the dowel isn't heavy enough .. fill the seam with pennies.nbsp;:
    When I'm home from work today I will check the bottom seams out. Love the dowel idea. Totally easy to do. No way she could pull them through then.
  • WipzWipz
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image Excited30:
    image Wipz:
    go to the DIY store and ask for a leght of wooden dowel.. there is usually a seam at the bottom you can weight curtains down.. if the dowel isn't heavy enough .. fill the seam with pennies.nbsp;:
    When I'm home from work today I will check the bottom seams out. Love the dowel idea. Totally easy to do. No way she could pull them through then.
      Hope it works for you  :)
  • If they weren't real expensive, and you don't care if they get wet or ruined. Open the window, and then shut it with the bottom of the curtain in it.

The Dow rod would probably be better though. Hope you find something that works!