January 2013 Moms

1st tooth

1st tooth broke through this morning. Survival tips anyone?

Re: 1st tooth

• I may have no idea what I'm talking about bc we aren't there yet, but I thought once the tooth breaks your in the clear. The hard parts over.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • No tips but just wanted to say that's exciting! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very exciting! Sorry I don't have any advice for you...no teeth here yet.
  • image littlebean4:
    I may have no idea what I'm talking about bc we aren't there yet, but I thought once the tooth breaks your in the clear. The hard parts over.
    that's what I thought too. But sorry no teeth here yet either. Very exciting though! I think babies are so cute with teeth
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper

image littlebean4:
    I may have no idea what I'm talking about bc we aren't there yet, but I thought once the tooth breaks your in the clear. The hard parts over.

i agree with this. For DS1, the breaking through was the hard part, after the tooth was through the gums, it was no big deal. Your LO may be working on a second one, which could be causing discomfort but I'd say once it is actually through you're on the downhill side. DS2 doesn't have any teeth yet to compare, just early teething symptoms. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I am guessing she must be working on the other tooth to the pair. It is exciting but also another reminder that my little baby is growing up. I wish I could put life in slow motion.

• Two teeth here! She seemed uncomfortable a day or two after each one popped thru and her gums were a little swollen still. She has had hers for a couple weeks already and Friday night she was a drool monster and chewing like crazy and they seemed to be bugging her. Acetaminophen seems to help. She hates any cold teethers but likes to chew on them room temp. She just needs to get a little better at holding on to them!!
  • SWOG31SWOG31
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 100 Comments 5 Love Its
    2 teeth here. Both broke through a week ago. Tylenol works when she is bothered by them, but she was more bothered before they broke through. My LO likes to chew on a wet towel.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • DS broke both his teeth within 24 hours of each other. Once they were through he was so much happier! When he was cutting them though he liked to chew on frozen washcloths the most but also loves Sophie. We only used Tylenol once when he seemed really, really miserable. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • Not in the clear yet tooth number 2 is probably working its way in. DS got his first April 7th...the day he turned 5 months old...and got the second one April 12th so it's pretty fast. Chewing helps. DS likes Sophie, cold tethers, his burp cloth, and my finger. I did get some baby orajel but I don't really see where it does anything. He really didn't get super fussy though. As long as I held him a lot he was fine. Side note though...I started brushing DS teeth once he got the first tooth. The pack came with a finger brush and toothpaste safe for 3 months and up. He LOVES having his teeth brushed!! He gets this big smile on his face. I guess it feels good. Good luck! I can't believe how fast our LOs are growing up!!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just make sure you clean/brush that tooth : wet/frozen wash cloths are a favorite in my house for teething pain. Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • image littlebean4:

DD has both bottom teeth and once they broke completely through she wasfine. I think we are working on the tops now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image