December 2013 Moms

Another lolz cake reveal

So last night we did a mini cake reveal with MIL and SIL. DH wanted a lemon cake, so they couldn't dye the cake because it would of been green or orange. When we ordered they were supposed to put blueberries or raspberries and dye the inner frosting to make them pink or blue. After our sexing ultrasound we were to call them and tell them what to put on the inside.

DH insisted on calling because I was busy that day and I guess he thought that they were just supposed to know what to do and said "it's going to be fresh blueberries".

Well we go to dinner last night and are eating outside in a dark restuarant and they bring the cake out.. DH cuts the cake and it just looks yellow and white. You can't tell at all, because fresh blueberries cut in half are still just pretty much white. So we just had to explain it. At least the cake was delicious.

Then MIL made this huge deal about how she knew it was a boy and how the ultrasound looked like a boy and with so much hair. [our babies don't have hair yet] and how she had gone to three nordstroms to pick out a boy and girl outfit for the baby but just couldn't buy a girl one.

And then she went off on how I better be taking care of her baby and how special this baby will be to DH and SIL.

Glad I could be incubating for their family.

i suck

part behbeh, part yam, all raptor 11/28/13

image  image

Re: Another lolz cake reveal

• Well duh, we're all just incubators after all, remember? That sucks about the cake mishap but at least it tasted good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Well at least you can have a story to LOL about for years down the road! ::eye roll:: at MIL

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Now I REALLY want cake! Lemon cake specifically! Even if it didn't work out as well as you had hoped, it at least sounds tasty!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • All I could think while reading this was mmm cake.
    My Ovulation Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Skymall Item: Kitty Boots!
  • image Mrbatesisinnocent:
    All I could think while reading this was mmm cake.

I've never cared for lemon cake but now it sounds amazing! Lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I totally suggested getting a reveal cake for just us and DH's parents with the only real motivation of wanting an excuse for cake.

Chocolate cake sounds amazing today. 

• Clearly you were already aware of how much more important your baby would be to SIL than you. Once it's out you'll pretty much be like, 'Yeah, whatevs." I mean, let's get real.

Congrats on the boy, thought. We are having one too.

Wish I could find some boy clothes that were something other than a shade of green or blue......

edit: I typod.

• Sorry the reveal didn't go quite as planned. Such an odd response by your MIL, but I've heard similar before. Is weird what they'll say. One friend was told by her MIL, "you better not go not go into labor on my son's, (her DH), birthday! That day needs to be just for him." like she can control that one! It really was as if she was just an incubator!
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
  • Lol oh dear! Well it was a nice thought in theory :) your MIL sounds like a character though. I hate when people act like they knew these things all along that they had no way of knowing. 
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • image ScarlettV:
    Clearly you were already aware of how much more important your baby would be to SIL than you. Once it's out you'll pretty much be like, 'Yeah, whatevs." I mean, let's get real.Congrats on the boy, thought. We are having one too.Wish I could find some boy clothes that were something other than a shade of green or blue...... nbsp;edit: I typod.

Haha the outfit they bought him was a white polo shirt and some blue pants with plaid cuffs. I was like "great now he will look business casual"

i suck

part behbeh, part yam, all raptor 11/28/13

image  image

• I reallllly want lemon cream cake from olive garden...
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 

• plus sorry about your MIL
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 

• Wow, your MIL sounds special! You seem to be handling it was class though! Congrats again on the baby boy and the reveal. At least you can't say they're not excited?

Also, you cake reminds me of my wedding cake. It was white cake with fresh blueberry and lemon curd swiss meringue fillings and I cannot wait for Sept. 1st to eat the extra top tier. It was AMAZING. Blueberry and lemon is such a great flavor combo, esp for summer!! (The cake was actually multiple flavors, but the main tier and our top to save was the blueberry/lemon.)

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    12.25.2010 Engaged ... 9.1.2012 Married ... 3.29.2013 House ...

4.20.2013 BFP ... Surprise! Our First Baby is on the way!
    12.27.2013 Baby's EDD ... and the best Christmas present EVER! <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Ultrasound at 9 weeks & NT Scan at 12 weeks 5 days

9w: LO waved with heart fluttering away at 175 BPM! 11w4d: HB 163 BPM.
    12w5d: Baby bouncing all around, measuring 13w3d, HB 152 BPM.

BabyFetus Ticker

July Siggy Challenge: Celeb Baby Daddy - Patrick Dempsey
  • jmb527jmb527
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    At least the cake was delish! Your MIL sounds like a peach btw!

• Oh, families. They're just peachy.
    I promise to never forget that this little dude deserves just as much love after the baby comes as he has now.
    image image image image
    Me & H: 28 TTC #1 since 7/12...come on baby!