March 2013 Moms
Options

Period?

My little one is 13 weeks tomorrow.  My period returned at 8 weeks postpartum and I have been on the mini pill since 7 weeks postpartum.  My question is when your periods returned were they really irregular?  I had my period two weeks ago but today I have light spotting again?  Just wondering if it's my hormones still being out of wack! :) 

Re: Period?

• Options
    I started the mini pill at 7 weeks PP and got my period almost immediately after. However I am now 12 weeks PP and have not had my period since. Took a pregnancy test just to be sure and with a huge sigh of relief I am not pregnant. So I guess my cycle is just whack or the initial period was not an actual period but just the hormones entering and leaving my body. Who knows. When I was on BC prior to LO my cycle was like clock work...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were irregular after I got my period back with DD at 9 months. They were just starting to get somewhat regular again when I found out I was pg with DS when DD was 17 months.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were super irregular [after my first] for about two months. I would have a 10 day long period and then 10 days after it stopped it would start again. They did go back completely normal though!

• Options
    I've been EBF my LO since we left the hospital and I got my period at 4 weeks PP. My doctor and I were shocked considering LO was eating every 2-3 hours, but it was definitely irregular that I thought it was just a re-emergence of PP bleeding. I would go for a few days very light, then a week of nothing, then just over a week at super heavy (which was my normal period), a week off, then another week of heavy. I still go though this cycle but the gaps between are slowly getting longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"