Stay at Home Moms

Sexual harassment

Ugh, so I work over night as a waitress on weekends. I get rude comments and people hitting on my often. I don't really mind that. The flirting is often flattering. However, I work with a dishwasher who managers to graze my @ss every single time he walks by me. If I'm bent over picking something up, when I stand up he'd right behind and my butt grazes his crotch. He is the only person this happens to. Everyone else when they walk behind someone who is bent over, they have thier butt facing the other butt. 

He also always making a comment about trying not to get me wet with his hose. He'll only get me wet if I ask.

Being the overnight shift we are little more rowdy and the servers and I will make silly jokes kind of like that, but it's very obvious that we are joking, and no one else touches me. When the dishwasher does it, it's deadpan and it just creeps me out.

I'm the newest hire there so I don't wanna be the sexual harassment caller if he is just going with the flow, but it just makes me uncomfortable. 

Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 * Wesley the Dread Pirate RCS scheduled 09/08/14
29 Ways Your Life Could Be A Million Times Worse

Re: Sexual harassment

• He sounds creepy.  I'd say something to him next time, like, "I don't appreciate the sexual jokes.  You need to stop."  Then if it doesn't stop, you can report it. You don't want to have to keep dealing with it, so unfortunately you need to speak up.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Do something about it.  My friend had a similar situation and it escalated to something more serious.  The owner was horrified that it hand no one had been going on had said anything.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't care if that what's everyone does, it's not "going with the flow" it's sexual harassment. Jokes like that don't belong in the workplace. I would say something to him and if it doesn't stop warn him that you'll go to his supervisor with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in camp say something. Saying nothing will just allow it to continue and possibly get worse. I know kitchen workers can be a rough and rowdy bunch, but that's why you need to take a stand. Let him know that he needs to back up and lay off. After you've warned him, if it continues definitely go to a manager.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Say something. He sounds vile. I'd also probably quit. That does not sound worth it to me.
    Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • I agree with pps. He is making you uncomfortable. If he continues being inappropriate definitely go to a manager. Just because you are the most recent hire doesn't mean you have to put up with that.
  • That's creepy you need to tell him to stop.

Just say you are making me uncomfortable this feels more then a joke to you.

If he grazes you again, I would stare him dead in the eye and say never do that again.

If he calls you "unfun" screw him, you are uncomfortable thats not okay.  

• jjt616jjt616
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Anything that makes you feel uncomfortable is not ok. Speak up and be firm. If it happens again say next time I'm going to our boss. Then I it happens again go to your boss and report him and follow it up. That grazing is disgusting and violating!! It's unacceptable and needs to stop. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Stay strong and update us. Gl

• Definitely not acceptable. You said yourself it's creepy. Say something, and if he does it again talk to your supervisor. I would probably quit too. DH would not like that happening.

• If you tell him to stop and he does not, tell your boss. I had a manager that was like that (although a little worst) during a fastfood job I had in highschool. I was offered a job by a customer and got the hell out of there. It just made me feel icky.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• please speak up the sooner the better you do not need to be dealing with sexual harassment
  • Oh God.. I'd probably try and kick him where it counts if he did it again and say "Oh, gosh I'm so sorry, you startled me!" or something.
  • I've been a server and I know the dynamics. I think you need to look him in the eye and tell him, "That's the last F*in time you touch me! You understand?"  and hold eye contact.

If he ever does it again, it's time to get management involved.

imageimageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image +MeganS+:
    Definitely not acceptable. You said yourself it's creepy. Say something, and if he does it again talk to your supervisor. I would probably quit too. DH would not like that happening.

Ditto this.  

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 - Matched with T&B

babybaby
  • image CabbageCabbage:

I've been a server and I know the dynamics. I think you need to look him in the eye and tell him, "That's the last F*in time you touch me! You understand?"  and hold eye contact.

If he ever does it again, it's time to get management involved.

YES! This for sure. Including the swear word. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker