May 2013 Moms

Bleeding after vaginal delivery...how long?

I can't remember how long I bled after DD#1. Still bleeding after 3 weeks with this one. It's off and on, sometimes there will be nothing on the pad or when I wipe all day and then it reappears with a vengeance in the evening. I've not been doing a ton of activity since DD#2's arrival. Just a bit tired of all the bleeding!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Bleeding after vaginal delivery...how long?

• I'm 1 month, 4 days PP & still bleeding off and on. I'm ready for it to stop. I'm not exactly feeling so fresh down there these days. Especially now that I have hemorrhoids in the mix. Weeee.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLovestruckAJ:
    I'm 1 month, 4 days PP & still bleeding off and on. I'm ready for it to stop. I'm not exactly feeling so fresh down there these days. Especially now that I have hemorrhoids in the mix. Weeee.

LOL..yeah I hear you!! 

I guess there is no end in sight!! Ugh!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still bleeding on and off....six weeks later.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • The nurse told me that you can have bleeding for as long as 12 weeks. Mine subsided after 3. If you are BF it ramps down quicker.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • LN1024LN1024 member
    I didn't stop completely until about 6 weeks. It was off and on until then. 
  • Mine stopped at 6 weeks, and is now back but light at almost 7 weeks... Grrrrr
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemaymomNY:
    I was actually just coming on to ask about this. I'm 15 days pp and its still very heavy with clots. Is that normal? It had lightened up at the hospital but just got heavy again Wednesday.

My nurse said it will likely fluctuate, but that if you are doing too much, you may see more clots. Put your feet up and take it easy to see if that helps. If the clots are large, call your doc.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • im 2.5 weeks pp and still have a light period. I haven't had a "gush" in a week. I think this light bleeding will continue for at least another week. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're at 6 weeks today and it took about 4 weeks for me to mostly stop bleeding although every so often I still get light spotting. I notice it more on the days when I'm out and about and not just sitting around the house.
  • imageShantxtell:
    Same here. I think I'm done and wearjust a liner then my vag disagrees.
    Ditto... Annoying
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"