March 2013 Moms

Transition to the crib!

Tonight we are going to officially transition DS to the crib, from the Rock N Play.  He has been sleeping through the night, from 7:30 - 6:00, so I am a bit worried that will go away for a while until he is used to things.  But, he can't stay in the RNP forever, right?! :)  We tried naps in the crib today.  One lasted an hour and the other lasted about 45 minutes.  He would normally have napped for about two hours at a time, so hopefully he'll be good and tired for tonight!

Wish us luck! 

Re: Transition to the crib!

• Good luck!! We transitioned from co sleeping to the crib, it's taken about a week and he hasn't quite gotten back to normal, but for now I'm still letting him nap in our bed and once DH and I are basically up for the day we bring him in for morning cuddles and feeding.
  • Good Luck!! DH and I decided we are going to transition to the crib (from pack and play) when he is 3 months (which is the 21st). I think I am going to miss having him in our room! And when I was pregnant I kept telling everyone he was not going to stay in our room at all I was going to start him in the crib!! haha yea right!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! DS just turned 3 months a few days ago, so that was also the timeline in my head, that we would make the transition at 3 months.  He had been sleeping in his own room since he was about 4 weeks old, in the RNP, so he is at least used to being in his room to sleep.  He was such a noisy sleeper that we had to get him into his own room early on.  Once we did, we all slept so much better!  It is definitely hard, but hopefully it is fine for you guys!

I put him down for bed (rocked him to sleep first) at 7:45 and he hasn't made a peep since.  So far, so good! :) 

• I'm curious.... Do you still swaddle? We also use a rock n play too, and I am worried about him being in th crib swaddled, in case he rolls over. (Not that he has yet) where as in the rock n play, he couldn't really roll over.
  • DS2 is still in thr RNP. I keep thinking about transitioning him but I am really hoping to wait until he is old enough for Ferber. The few times we have tried the crib have not worked out at all and he does not like to be soothed to sleep with rocking or shushing or anything. He goes down drowsy but awake in the RNP every night. I love that thing!

image image
  • imageSarah845:
    I'm curious.... Do you still swaddle? We also use a rock n play too, and I am worried about him being in th crib swaddled, in case he rolls over. Not that he has yet where as in the rock n play, he couldn't really roll over.

We don't swaddle DS2, but with DS1 he was swaddled both in the RnP and crib until he started busting out.. I think swaddling makes it more difficult for them to roll...

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• imageSarah845:
    I'm curious.... Do you still swaddle? We also use a rock n play too, and I am worried about him being in th crib swaddled, in case he rolls over. (Not that he has yet) where as in the rock n play, he couldn't really roll over.

We swaddle with either one or both arms out, but never both arms in.  He needs at least one hand to suck on, and this is how he self soothes (or tries to anyway).  By morning he has always busted out of his swaddle.  I think we are going to switch to sleep sacks though. 

• NovOwlNovOwl member
    Good luck! We transitioned at 6 weeks and it was great.  She sleeps much better now actually, and so do we!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"