May 2013 Moms

vitamin d

So like many of you my pedi recommended we give lo vitamin d. Dh picked up the similac brand and we've been using that. Last night she choked! It was horrifying. She suddenly latched onto the dropper and sucked it all down. I was ready to run to the hospital but dh convinced me that it would pass which it did.

Anyone else have this experience? I have heard you can get vitamin d that requires just one drop on the nipple before feeding. Anyone know what brand that is and where to find it?

Fyi we won't be introducing a bottle for 2 more weeks so mixing isn't an option for us yet.

Re: vitamin d

• Carlsons brand. One drop
    BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• We are giving DS the drops successfully. However, my BFF couldnt give them to her DD because she choked. One time she had to call 911 and give her infant cpr! She's a nurse thankfully but I would have freaked out. Her DD is very prone to choking even now at age 1.
    image imageimage

• kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker

image beaubecca:
    We are giving DS the drops successfully. However, my BFF couldnt give them to her DD because she choked. One time she had to call 911 and give her infant cpr! She's a nurse thankfully but I would have freaked out. Her DD is very prone to choking even now at age 1.

Scary! 

• My LO did choke one the drops once. Never to the point of not breathing but neither of us were happy. After a few min he hacked it up. I have been more careful about how I give them since then.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image BeesMomma00:
    Carlsons brand. One drop

Thanks! Any idea where to find them? I've heard whole foods but we don't have one here.

• kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker

image maymomNY:
    image BeesMomma00:
    Carlsons brand. One drop
    Thanks! Any idea where to find them? I've heard whole foods but we don't have one here.

I ordered from Amazon.