January 2013 Moms

shampoo and conditioner

I am looking for a new shampoo and conditioner now that my costco size garnier is about to run out and I got it so long ago that of course they don't carry it anymore. I used to use Paul Mitchell but it is so expensive so I try and only use it when I get my highlights done. That was also forever ago.

What do you ladies use? My hair is down to my butt and super thick and slightly wavy.

Re: shampoo and conditioner

• I was using aveeno but recently switched to aveda thinking it would help with my pp hair loss. I can't tell the difference between the two.
  • I looooove biolage but I only buy it when I get the shampoo conditioner set on sale at ulta. I haven't found a good deal in a while so I'm using costco size pantene. I have to say I used to hate pantene but now its working well on my hair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • Honestly I think salon brands are a bunch of hype...I use whatever I find on sale and smells good. I also tried some CostCutters brand and it was really good too and not terribly expensive.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    I use Dove. It works well for my hair and is available at Costco for pretty cheap. I've used a lot of salon brands and I don't really see any difference in my hair. I would definitely recommend the Dove.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Sauve keratin. My hair has been super healthy since I started using it and its very cheap. My hairdresser even made a comment...couldn't believe it was sauve.

~*June 2015 December Siggy Challenge*~

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been using Dove in the big bottles from costco. I have super thick hair too and I've been happy with it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• As a hairstylist turned SAHM I love this post! Thank you, I have been missing salon days!! As of right now I am using matrix sleek! It is really nice on my curly hair and tames it well. If you are going drugstore I can tell you not to buy Pantene, it is awful for your hair because it leaves a nasty layer of wax that will damage your hair. I have had clients who have used their products for over a month that I could scrape my nail down there hair and show them the wax residue. GROSS! The best kinds of shampoo for your hair is ammonium and sulfate free, which is harder to come buy when you are going cheaper, but even only one o those chemicals left out of the wash will do your hair good. From target I like the organix line, I have used Aussie which was just meh, tresseme is pretty good, and I have herd the new suave with olive oil i believe it is.. is ok. Higher end, I love matrix it's cheap and good, redken, purology is amazing, or the Loreal professionals the kind you can only get in salons is probably the best but most expensive I have used

Edit, looking at a post above it wasn't suave oil it was keratin!
  • I used to love Aveda Brilliant, so bought some recently had my hair became instantly dry, straw like and awful. I didn't connect it to the shampoo for a few days and I was so upset, I almost made an appt to get my hair chopped off! It's improved now that I stopped using it. I'm just using Costco brand organic shampoo and its so much cheaper and so much better!
  • image amnat84:
    Sauve keratin. My hair has been super healthy since I started using it and its very cheap. My hairdresser even made a comment...couldn't believe it was sauve.

Hmm, maybe I'll try this!
  • Hmm. Thinking if my costco still has the dove I might try that. You gotta like it you know cause the bottle is huge!

If I get to target first thinking the suave with keratin. That sounds like it'll fit in my price range.
  • image Kyleedawn08:
    As a hairstylist turned SAHM I love this post! Thank you, I have been missing salon days!! As of right now I am using matrix sleek! It is really nice on my curly hair and tames it well. If you are going drugstore I can tell you not to buy Pantene, it is awful for your hair because it leaves a nasty layer of wax that will damage your hair. I have had clients who have used their products for over a month that I could scrape my nail down there hair and show them the wax residue. GROSS! The best kinds of shampoo for your hair is ammonium and sulfate free, which is harder to come buy when you are going cheaper, but even only one o those chemicals left out of the wash will do your hair good. From target I like the organix line, I have used Aussie which was just meh, tresseme is pretty good, and I have herd the new suave with olive oil i believe it is.. is ok. Higher end, I love matrix it's cheap and good, redken, purology is amazing, or the Loreal professionals the kind you can only get in salons is probably the best but most expensive I have used

Umm gross. I think I'll throw the pantene out and get something different haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • image holly52:
    image Kyleedawn08:
    As a hairstylist turned SAHM I love this post! Thank you, I have been missing salon days!! As of right now I am using matrix sleek! It is really nice on my curly hair and tames it well. If you are going drugstore I can tell you not to buy Pantene, it is awful for your hair because it leaves a nasty layer of wax that will damage your hair. I have had clients who have used their products for over a month that I could scrape my nail down there hair and show them the wax residue. GROSS! The best kinds of shampoo for your hair is ammonium and sulfate free, which is harder to come buy when you are going cheaper, but even only one o those chemicals left out of the wash will do your hair good. From target I like the organix line, I have used Aussie which was just meh, tresseme is pretty good, and I have herd the new suave with olive oil i believe it is.. is ok. Higher end, I love matrix it's cheap and good, redken, purology is amazing, or the Loreal professionals the kind you can only get in salons is probably the best but most expensive I have used

Umm gross. I think I'll throw the pantene out and get something different haha

I heard pantene was bad but never really knew why. I haven't used it since high school though when my mom bought me stuff ha.
  • Either Dove or Pantene

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I have waist length hair that's pretty straight and thick, but it tangles easily. Right now I use tresseme shampoo ('cause I like the smell) and for the conditioner I LOVE L'Oreal Ever Creme or Ever Sleek. They leave my hair feeling so smooth and tangle free without weighing it down. I highly recommend either one! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards