Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Carrier for someone with a bad back

Hi there,

I know there is another request for carrier recommendations, but I don't need a heavey duty one. We are traveling to Dallas this summer and I'd like to a carrier for all the sightseeing. I have a history of some back issues so comfort is a concern. DD is currently 18 months, 34 inches and 23 lbs. TIA! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Carrier for someone with a bad back

• Thanks for the suggestion, but I haven't really found any in my area. I can't even find a store that carries the three I am considering so I can try them on and decide in the store. I may have to travel to make this choice. Sacramento is limited.  
  • I found the Ergo to be the best for my back as most of the weight sits on your hips. That said, my LO was only about 16 lbs when I wore him all the time on the Ergo, but I have that the Ergo is still comfortable if you have larger LOs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have scoliosis,and I need to use a back support belt,for when I use the carrier.I like the Ergo carrier. If you really have a bad back is best for you to get a back support,with a shoulder belt,that way you back will stay strait and you won't end with a bad pain at the end of the day.

good luck. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an Ergo and love it!  DD is 22 pounds and she does not feel heavy at all when I wear her.  With the Ergo you can wear LO in front or on your back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagezaraceligon:

I have scoliosis,and I need to use a back support belt,for when I use the carrier.I like the Ergo carrier. If you really have a bad back is best for you to get a back support,with a shoulder belt,that way you back will stay strait and you won't end with a bad pain at the end of the day.

good luck. 

Thanks! I will look into that. My back pain has always been under my shoulder blades mainly, but since baby my sciatic pain has become more prominent. Especially, when she is teething and wants to be held. The muscle relaxers really dont help. I am hoping the carrier will help distribute her weight more evenly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"