Birth Stories
Options

I just can't remember...

This is so late since I gave birth last November but it really bugs me I don't remember when my LO was born.

I had some pretty bad back labor so the anesthesiologist made a few trips back after the initial dose from my epidural.  When it came time to push I could not feel a thing, I mean absolutely nothin!  I tried for three hours to push her out, and they even had my epidural turned off and let me wait til I could start feeling a bit to try one last hurrah at pushing her out myself.......nope, c-section bound.  While I was scared for the baby I actually went in very calm.  Until I got nauseous, that got me worried.....I mean, how do you puke when they cut you open and you're basically immobile on your back?  Thank God I didn't puke, but that's about the last bit I remember.  I don't remember the dr saying here's your baby, I don't remember my hubby going to see her while they cleaned her up, I don't remember getting glued shut.  I was just awake back in the room and they brought her to me and read off her measurements and gave her a bath.

i ask my hubby from time to time to give me the playback but its still bittersweet that I cannot recall it myself.  I guess all the drugs knocked me out, and I do think I had a fairly easy delivery-as easy as an unexpected c-section can go, haha, so I am thankful for that.  Next time there will be a video camera to document as much as the hospital will allow.  

Anyone else have a situation like this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: I just can't remember...

• Options
    Cant say I have, but thanks for sharing.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Options
    Yes...unfortunately I had a similar experience.  I had what you would call a rough labor..20 hours into natural labor and 6 cm dilated I just stopped dilating(turns out baby was sunny side up and stuck-back labor).  So they hooked me up to Pitocin and two hours later I got an intrathecal  (walking epidural).  I finally got to 10 cm and pushed for an hour but the baby's heart rate dipped as I pushed.  I also have a sensitivity to narcotics and so I was also throwing up (yum).   So after 31 hours of labor I was taken by C-section and as I got my 2nd spinal...the narcotics in that one also hit me like a ton of bricks and more puking.  That is about the last thing I remember and I was out...cold.  My hubby says my doc was asking the anesthesiologist if they accidently gave me a certain drug and she said no.  I also faintly remember my hubby rousing me to say he entered the room, him telling me we had a girl, and seeing a tiny face for a second.   That was it.  :(  The next time I remember was waking up in recovery.  I'm not sure if my experience was because I was so exhausted from the long labor, my reaction to the narcotics, or something else.  I feel beyond happy to have my healthy DD, but I do feel a bit cheated and sad as well since I couldn't be awake or in a good state of mind when she was born.  I ask my hubby about the birth too a lot (esp for the details) and pray that I can remember the next birth!  I feel your pain lady and I'm sorry to see you went through this also.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kdjuddkdjudd member
    I had an epidural and I kind of feel like you do. After the epidural and pushing everything became really foggy. I couldn't even process that my daughter was here. My husband kept saying "You did it! She's here!" I felt no emotion though. I don't remember everyone coming in to see her. I just remember eating a cheeseburger and then going to sleep. I'm now pregnant again. Hopefully I remember more this time around. I'm hoping to avoid the epidural. I think that was the culprit. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"