August 2012 Moms

Weaning WWYD?

So in the last week my supply has dropped dramatically. I'm sure its because i'm pregnant. Pumping is painful and I'm just ready to be done. If I can I'll continue to nurse in the morning and at night. I just don't know what to do about the day. 

He's 10m1w and I don't know if I should switch him to formula for a month and a half and then start with CM, or to start CM a month and a half early. I should also add he has already started weaning himself we are down to 3 nursing sessions a day and he eats solids really well.

I called the Pedi and talked to a nurse she said she would talk to the doctor and call me back. I I thought I'd see what you ladies think while I wait for a call back 

(also sorry if this is rambling and makes no sense I'm just clueless right now) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weaning WWYD?

• If it were me, I wouldn't bother transitioning to formula at this point.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejodegaard:
    If it were me, I wouldn't bother transitioning to formula at this point.

This is what I was thinking and hoping to do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagejodegaard:
    If it were me, I wouldn't bother transitioning to formula at this point.

Personally, this is what I would do. I think 2 transitions in 2 months would be harder on him than just switching to CM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would still nurse as much as possible and just switch to wcm. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I've had to start giving DS WCM because he is self weaning and there was no point in starting formula. He's done fine with it. So at this point I think you would be fine skipping formula.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My cousin went through the same thing.  Her son was 10 months old and the doctor suggested that she go to WCM instead of formula.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLiliDragon:
    My dr suggested cows milk to us. Do you have a stash? You could mix BM and CM for a while to get J used to it, then slowly transition out the BM. He'll be 11 months ish by then and you'll be fine for sure.

This.  I would do CM

lolololo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"