February 2013 Moms

FFFC

I have one so I will start it :) DH and I are pretty low key on mothers and fathers day. DH asked what I wanted to eat for dinner on Mother's day, and I picked something easy, and didn't ask for a desert. I am going to the store to get groceries today so I asked DH to tell me what he wants for dinner. He picked a very time intensive meal with a lot of ingredients. That is ok, it is his day, but then he wants a pie, and I make mine from scratch, crust and filling. It takes while and is messy. So I figure now I will make the pie Saturday night so I can clean up really well, and have the kitchen ready for making breakfast, lunch, and his special dinner. Being childish and feeling ever so slightly annoyed. I cook breakfast lunch and dinner every day so you think it wouldn't bother me. I do have this "rule" where if I cook a pie I go really easy on dinner. If I do a harder dinner I never do any kind of desert. Just going to log a lot of kitchen time this weekend :)

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!

Re: FFFC

• Mine is: I seriously judge other mothers hard who stop nursing for purely selfish reasons. I'm totally on board with having to stop for health reasons or if you aren't producing enough for your child. For example, there's a girl I'm friends with on Facebook who stopped nursing to take diet pills and energy supplements to boost weight loss. I think that it's selfish because, in my eyes, it took you 9 (almost 10 months) to put on all of your pregnancy weight, and you should give yourself the same amount of time to lose it.

Sagen, I'm exactly the same way! Although...I'm making lemon bars today because we are headed to IL's tonight for the weekend. 

• well it just irritates me because she was all pro nursing and then like overnight she stopped nursing to take diet pills. My husband reminds me daily that nursing is the best thing for Audra and that I'm doing awesome. And the sad thing is, her baby is only 6 weeks old. The first ten weeks were the hardest for me, and I feel like she essentially gave up for vanity.
  • Mine is silly.

I find strange comfort in folding laundry. I love the smell and I love organizing it into piles. It calms me. I know, I'm a weirdo! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Sagen, I'd definitely be annoyed - justified or not ;)

I don't get why people aren't supposed to care about whether other people BF or not. I do, I just learned quickly not to say much on TB because it's taboo or sumshit. (Obviously reasons PP mentioned - supply issues, health reasons, etc are excusable).

Laundry is delightful.

My FFC: I only have 2 sets of sheets, so I wait until LO has spit up on them multiple times or for him to have a blowout before I wash them. Granted, I end up washing at least weekly, but still.

I have a mattress protector, so at least it's not doing any longterm damage to my mattress... Just kinda gross. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image Drea926:
    Mine is silly.I find strange comfort in folding laundry. I love the smell and I love organizing it into piles. It calms me. I know, I'm a weirdo!nbsp;
    Me too, me too! I also love cleaning the bathroom, I love the instant gratification of it. I HATE vacuuming, thankfully DH does it most of the time.

Haha, I love folding clean laundry & the smell. I love dusting, and cleaning with bleach. My secret vice is steam mopping - I have no carpeting. However, I hate sweeping the floors. Luckily, DH helps with that

• I'm totally judging someone for feeding their 4 month old solids. Why you ask? Because the only reason for it was to see the baby make funny faces when he tried different things like pickle juice. Wtf?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • MY FFFC is that i am extremely jealous of everyone on here that loves laundry. I hate it. I am good with putting it in the washer, good with switching it to the dryer. And there it sits.......... I also use my dryer as an iron most of the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image BrewerFan86:
    I am good with putting it in the washer, good with switching it to the dryer. And there it sits.......... I also use my dryer as an iron most of the time.

Yes 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My FFFC....when I go to pick up my son today after work I'm going to ask my mom if she can watch him for one more hour as I nap on her couch. I'm beat Stick out tongue
    imageimage
  • Ha! When I saw today's FFFC post I immediately thought today is the day I will admit I am very judgemental when it comes to breastfeeding. I am understanding when it comes to health reasons of course not SO much about supply issues because I think it's too easy to use as an excuse. Pumping is not an adequate gauge of supply the first few weeks I was lucky if I could pump an ounce yet continued nursing amd Luke gained 2 lbs in a week.

I don't think formula is the devil but it see it as a last resort. I also think too many moms are quick to supplement and pretty much sabotage their supply. Breast IS best and giving my baby the best is worth the pain, blood and tears in my opinion.

Also I tend to be a judgemental mom over all especially on myself and it is something I am trying hard to fix but it sure feels good to get this off my chest!
  • My FFFC is I hated nursing and I won't even try for my second child. It was one of the most stressful experiences of my life and I was 1000 times happier the second I stopped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This.  And I don't feel bad to say that the moms who DO get judgy are my new least favorite people on this planet.  It's none of your g-ddamn business.  

Eta - meant to quote Renee

my real FFFC - I love the women on this website that complain by their crap home life and how baby daddy isn't In the picture, I hate my life...but get judgy on breastfeeding or solids or CIO.  Yeah, because its the formula that's gonna screw your kid up in this situation... Not directed at any one person, I just feel like I see it a lot. 

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...
  • image adamsabigail14:
    Ha! When I saw today's FFFC post I immediately thought today is the day I will admit I am very judgemental when it comes to breastfeeding. I am understanding when it comes to health reasons of course not SO much about supply issues because I think it's too easy to use as an excuse. Pumping is not an adequate gauge of supply the first few weeks I was lucky if I could pump an ounce yet continued nursing amd Luke gained 2 lbs in a week.

I don't think formula is the devil but it see it as a last resort. I also think too many moms are quick to supplement and pretty much sabotage their supply. Breast IS best and giving my baby the best is worth the pain, blood and tears in my opinion.

Also I tend to be a judgemental mom over all especially on myself and it is something I am trying hard to fix but it sure feels good to get this off my chest!

My FFFC is that I think it's ridiculous to judge someone for using formula. Yes, breast is best, but formula isn't a bad choice either, and I don't think anyone should be made to feel bad for choosing it. Breast feeding is often very stressful, and I believe that having a happy, less stressed mom is the most important thing for the baby. And I say this as a BF'ing mom.
    Also, what about moms who have been sexually abused and can't handle the thought of breast feeding? Would you judge them too? You never know what someone's been through or their reason for choosing formula.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14- Team Blue! 

• image adamsabigail14:
    Ha! When I saw today's FFFC post I immediately thought today is the day I will admit I am very judgemental when it comes to breastfeeding. I am understanding when it comes to health reasons of course not SO much about supply issues because I think it's too easy to use as an excuse. Pumping is not an adequate gauge of supply the first few weeks I was lucky if I could pump an ounce yet continued nursing amd Luke gained 2 lbs in a week.

I really wish it were this easy. I have been basically killing myself with stress over supply issues for the last almost four months. I spend over 3 hours per day pumping for about 60 percent of what my son eats. This includes waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes multiple times per night to pump while he STTN. So while you are entitled to your opinion, know that sometimes its just not that easy and we aren't all taking the easy way out by giving formula.
  • Just wanted to put my two cents in about the breast feeding thing.  I used to be judgy of moms who didn't breast feed until I became a mother.  I didn't produce milk or colostrum for 4 days.  I refused to supplement because I felt the same way as the previous post, "that it was the easy way out."  The lactation consultants in the hospital also fed into this belief and so I continued to nurse my child on an empty boob.  She wound up hospitalized for dehydration and jaundice.  It was horrible and scary and if I had just followed my instinct that I needed to supplement she would have been fine.  Low supply issues are real and I still struggle with them now even though I almost only exclusively breast feed.  The breasts are part of the human body and things in the human body go wrong.  I don't blame my husband for taking the easy way out because he wears glasses even though his eyes should work a certain way.  Moral of the story, if your breasts are getting the job done be grateful it might not be the case next time around.
  • image Renee1105:
    My FFFC is I hated nursing and I won't even try for my second child. It was one of the most stressful experiences of my life and I was 1000 times happier the second I stopped.

This is mine, too. I had a fine supply. I wasn't abused in any way, and have no health issues. I just didn't like it, couldn't connect with it, and I became a resentful, angry, strung out person from trying to breastfeed. That by far made me a lesser mother than deciding to switch to formula. A healthy, happy, sane mother is best for my son. It's formula, not vodka. Exit soap box left.

View Full Size Imageimage

• Lbug09Lbug09
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    image carriesu2003:
    Just wanted to put my two cents in about the breast feeding thing.nbsp; I used to be judgy of moms who didn't breast feed until I became a mother.nbsp; I didn't produce milk or colostrum for 4 days.nbsp; I refused to supplement because I felt the same way as the previous post, "that it was the easy way out."nbsp; The lactation consultants in the hospital also fed into this belief and so I continued to nurse my child on an empty boob.nbsp; She wound up hospitalized for dehydration and jaundice.nbsp; It was horrible and scary and if I had just followed my instinct that I needed to supplement she would have been fine.nbsp; Low supply issues are real and I still struggle with them now even though I almost only exclusively breast feed.nbsp; The breasts are part of the human body and things in the human body go wrong.nbsp; I don't blame my husband for taking the easy way out because he wears glasses even though his eyes should work a certain way.nbsp; Moral of the story, if your breasts are getting the job done be grateful it might not be the case next time around.

Well said!!! What a great analogy. Women get judged so much for "giving up" and "taking the easy way out"...to use your analogy, I guess your husband should have tried harder to see better and given it more time...see how ridiculous that sounds!! But for some reason some people don't think that way when it comes to BFing! I am BFing but went thru a lot of heartache in the beginning while I was having issues and considered quitting. Would have been a lot easier on me while I was struggling if I only had my stubborn determination on my shoulders and not also the weight of judgy moms!
  • image Teacher Clark:
    I know way too many women who give up nursing so that they can lose the weight faster.

That is so bizarre to me. Breastfeeding made weight loss so much easier for me.

My FFFC is that when the State of California told me to stop breastfeeding my child (she literally would have died if she had continued to consume milk), I pumped and dumped for about a month because I wanted the quick & easy weight loss. I wish there was someone I could have donated my milk to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image kleigh926:
    image adamsabigail14:

My FFFC is that I think it's ridiculous to judge someone for using formula. Yes, breast is best, but formula isn't a bad choice either, and I don't think anyone should be made to feel bad for choosing it. Breast feeding is often very stressful, and I believe that having a happy, less stressed mom is the most important thing for the baby. And I say this as a BF'ing mom.
    Also, what about moms who have been sexually abused and can't handle the thought of breast feeding? Would you judge them too? You never know what someone's been through or their reason for choosing formula.

Thank you Kleigh. I'm so sick of the breastfeeding judgement that's my FFC.

Supply issues are a real thing, so don't be so quick to judge. My daughter lost too much weight after we left the hospital. We obviously didn't want her to lose more so she got mostly formula and then whatever breastmilk I could provide by pumping and nursing.

I pumped and nursed as often as I could, took every freaking supplement I could get my hands on, saw LCs, and nothing helped. No one could give me an answer to help with the issue. Nothing worked and believe me I posted here too asking for advice. My daughter refusing to nurse after Memorial Day weekend killed my very low supply altogether.

I desperately wanted to breastfeed my baby and wish I could have, so no, my low supply wasn't some easy excuse to get out of breastfeeding! This whole post has brought angry frustrated tears to my eyes because I still feel bad about not being able to BF and even shiitier when people judge like this.

Dramatic? Maybe. I don't care. I'm tired of holding my tongue when I see stuff like this. As Kleigh said, you don't know others situations. It's really hard when BFing doesn't work out and you want it to and the judgement doesn't help when you're trying to move forward.

So, if you formula feed or breastfeed I won't judge you. You are doing what's right for you and your family I'm sure.
    Edited typo
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image PeanutR1:
    my real FFFC I love the women on this website that complain by their crap home life and how baby daddy isn't In the picture, I hate my life...but get judgy on breastfeeding or solids or CIO. nbsp;Yeah, because its the formula that's gonna screw your kid up in this situation... Not directed at any one person, I just feel like I see it a lot.nbsp;
    Although I know plenty of people who are in a bad spot because of numerous poor decisions I also know that many people end up in situations that are beyond their control. For example, when I married my first husband when we both graduated from a Christian college, I thought I was marrying a good Christian man from an upstanding family. In reality I was marrying a lying bastard whose family was blind to his faults and turned me into the villain and turned the church against me when he cheated on me. If I had had kids with him I would have been screwed. As it was the divorce threw my life into a tailspin that took a few years to dig myself out of. I made all the right decisions in life and still got screwed. When I see an opinion like this I assume the person writing it is young and privileged, they haven't had enough life experience to realize that not everyone has it so easy.

privileged, possibly.  Young?  I wish. Lets just say I have over 3 decades of life experience.

I'm just sayin that maybe "those in subsidized houses shouldn't throw breast pumps."

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...
  • image kleigh926:
    image adamsabigail14:
    Ha! When I saw today's FFFC post I immediately thought today is the day I will admit I am very judgemental when it comes to breastfeeding. I am understanding when it comes to health reasons of course not SO much about supply issues because I think it's too easy to use as an excuse. Pumping is not an adequate gauge of supply the first few weeks I was lucky if I could pump an ounce yet continued nursing amd Luke gained 2 lbs in a week. I don't think formula is the devil but it see it as a last resort. I also think too many moms are quick to supplement and pretty much sabotage their supply. Breast IS best and giving my baby the best is worth the pain, blood and tears in my opinion. Also I tend to be a judgemental mom over all especially on myself and it is something I am trying hard to fix but it sure feels good to get this off my chest!
    My FFFC is that I think it's ridiculous to judge someone for using formula. Yes, breast is best, but formula isn't a bad choice either, and I don't think anyone should be made to feel bad for choosing it. Breast feeding is often very stressful, and I believe that having a happy, less stressed mom is the most important thing for the baby. And I say this as a BF'ing mom. Also, what about moms who have been sexually abused and can't handle the thought of breast feeding? Would you judge them too? You never know what someone's been through or their reason for choosing formula.

Thank you for saying this. I'm also really sick of all the judgment. To be honest, I'm really tempted to just stop coming on here. Our board used to be really open and friendly and I'm sick of people who act holier than thou. Who are any of us to judge each other?  

• image Drea926:

image kleigh926:
    image adamsabigail14:
    Ha! When I saw today's FFFC post I immediately thought today is the day I will admit I am very judgemental when it comes to breastfeeding. I am understanding when it comes to health reasons of course not SO much about supply issues because I think it's too easy to use as an excuse. Pumping is not an adequate gauge of supply the first few weeks I was lucky if I could pump an ounce yet continued nursing amd Luke gained 2 lbs in a week. I don't think formula is the devil but it see it as a last resort. I also think too many moms are quick to supplement and pretty much sabotage their supply. Breast IS best and giving my baby the best is worth the pain, blood and tears in my opinion. Also I tend to be a judgemental mom over all especially on myself and it is something I am trying hard to fix but it sure feels good to get this off my chest!
    My FFFC is that I think it's ridiculous to judge someone for using formula. Yes, breast is best, but formula isn't a bad choice either, and I don't think anyone should be made to feel bad for choosing it. Breast feeding is often very stressful, and I believe that having a happy, less stressed mom is the most important thing for the baby. And I say this as a BF'ing mom. Also, what about moms who have been sexually abused and can't handle the thought of breast feeding? Would you judge them too? You never know what someone's been through or their reason for choosing formula.

Thank you for saying this. I'm also really sick of all the judgment. To be honest, I'm really tempted to just stop coming on here. Our board used to be really open and friendly and I'm sick of people who act holier than thou. Who are any of us to judge each other?  

I'm not meaning to be snarky, but where have you seen people get judgy about this issue other than on FFC threads? In my observations, even though it's a "flame-free" confession, it's usually really flame-worthy. 

I hope you don't stop coming to this board over this :(  I honestly haven't seen much judginess on the other threads. Maybe I missed it, though... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i honestly envy those who are willing to brave the judgement and stop BF/pumping. i pretty much exclusively pump and i hate it so much and wish i could quit but a) i don't have a good reason to beyond selfishness and b) i don't want to be judged. i am sure people already assume i FF when they see me giving my baby a bottle, though. (i'd also feel like an *** quitting because my BFF wanted to BF sooooo badly but couldn't due to hypoplasia..)
  • image Runaway22:
    image Drea926:

image kleigh926:
    image adamsabigail14:

I'm not meaning to be snarky, but where have you seen people get judgy about this issue other than on FFC threads? In my observations, even though it's a "flame-free" confession, it's usually really flame-worthy. 

I hope you don't stop coming to this board over this :(  I honestly haven't seen much judginess on the other threads. Maybe I missed it, though... 

I don't know....I see it creeping in more and more it seems. I think many of us (myself included) feel insecure about motherhood and that manifests itself in not always the nicest of ways.  

• My FFFC - We went camping for Memorial Day weekend and I still haven't unpacked one of our bags of stuff that has now been sitting by the back door for like three weeks.  I just step over it every time I walk by it.  We're going camping again for the fourth of July, so at this point I might as well just leave the stuff there to save time packing. 

I'm so lazy.

DS1 - 8/07           DD2 - 2/13           DD1 - 3/11          DS2 - 1/09 

• image +adamwife+:

My FFFC - We went camping for Memorial Day weekend and I still haven't unpacked one of our bags of stuff that has now been sitting by the back door for like three weeks.  I just step over it every time I walk by it.  We're going camping again for the fourth of July, so at this point I might as well just leave the stuff there to save time packing. 

I'm so lazy.

Super glad I'm not the only one that does this. We went to the ILs for Memorial Day and DS' bag is still open in his room with most of what I packed still in it. We are going to my parents tomorrow, and if it wasn't for the fact that now DS needs more 6 month attire than 3, I'd just close it up and take what's in there. 

• In response to what Runaway was asking about seeing the judgement in other threads I don't remember if it was an FFC thread but there was the whole formula might cause cancer and obesity thing last week. That was awesome.

Mostly I think this is a supportive place. I think most of you ladies are great to talk to.

And I mean whatever, I get that FFC threads are places to vent or confess, but this is the second week in a row about the formula stuff. It's really shiitty to read that you're being judged for giving your kid formula. Especially because someone thinks you just didn't TRY hard enough with BFing. And yes I'm being a biitch about this tonight, but it truly sucks.

And I honestly don't understand how someone can judge if it worked out for them. I can't wrap my head around it at all.

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image RiverSong82:
    In response to what Runaway was asking about seeing the judgement in other threads I don't remember if it was an FFC thread but there was the whole formula might cause cancer and obesity thing last week. That was awesome.

Mostly I think this is a supportive place. I think most of you ladies are great to talk to.

And I mean whatever, I get that FFC threads are places to vent or confess, but this is the second week in a row about the formula stuff. It's really shiitty to read that you're being judged for giving your kid formula. Especially because someone thinks you just didn't TRY hard enough with BFing. And yes I'm being a biitch about this tonight, but it truly sucks.

And I honestly don't understand how someone can judge if it worked out for them. I can't wrap my head around it at all.

Wow, I definitely missed that. Then again, I tend avoid threads about feeding, just because I can't get it up to care enough to read and comment and all that. 

I also think that there's a fine line between judgement and holding a strong opinion sometimes. I know I have a strong opinion about some things, and even if someone does something that I wouldn't do (or doesn't do something I *would* do), I don't necessarily judge them. I do, however, believe in people having full information about their decisions.

Anyway, I feel like I'm talking in circles? IDK. Hopefully nobody peaces out from this board because they feel judged. That would seriously suck.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Runaway22:

image RiverSong82:
    In response to what Runaway was asking about seeing the judgement in other threads I don't remember if it was an FFC thread but there was the whole formula might cause cancer and obesity thing last week. That was awesome.

Wow, I definitely missed that. Then again, I tend avoid threads about feeding, just because I can't get it up to care enough to read and comment and all that. 

I also think that there's a fine line between judgement and holding a strong opinion sometimes. I know I have a strong opinion about some things, and even if someone does something that I wouldn't do (or doesn't do something I *would* do), I don't necessarily judge them. I do, however, believe in people having full information about their decisions.

Anyway, I feel like I'm talking in circles? IDK. Hopefully nobody peaces out from this board because they feel judged. That would seriously suck.  

:shurgs: It's the Internet. It is what it is I suppose. And I'm biitchy and cranky today and I know it, so this might not be my most levelheaded posting ever. FWIW, I always like seeing you post on here and Parenting. I feel like you and I have similar senses of humor I saw that Donna gif from Pamp;R you posted and laughed my butt off.
    Eta if that wasn't you I still think you're cool lol. Brain is shot on a Friday night.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • image RiverSong82:
    In response to what Runaway was asking about seeing the judgement in other threads I don't remember if it was an FFC thread but there was the whole formula might cause cancer and obesity thing last week. That was awesome. Mostly I think this is a supportive place. I think most of you ladies are great to talk to. And I mean whatever, I get that FFC threads are places to vent or confess, but this is the second week in a row about the formula stuff. It's really shiitty to read that you're being judged for giving your kid formula. Especially because someone thinks you just didn't TRY hard enough with BFing. And yes I'm being a biitch about this tonight, but it truly sucks. And I honestly don't understand how someone can judge if it worked out for them. I can't wrap my head around it at all.

This. As I stated before, it was the hardest 7 weeks of my life. When my son cried to eat I wanted to run away. Straight up.  And to make matters "harder" (if that's the catch word here) my SIL was tandem nursing her two girls and making it look like the most beautiful and easy experience you could ever have. How hard I did or didn't "try" to BF my kid is no one's place to asses, being that you weren't a witness to my struggles to do it. My kid is well-fed, healthy, and by all accounts a happy baby. I think Charlie Sheen and I can agree that that's "winning!"